Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-18-2005   #21
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

Could be that Lopez is suspicious whether we're actually moving forward at year 4 of the vaunted plan. I think he's painting the overall picture pretty bleakly, but he's dead-on when he says Houston has done nothing to improve itself on the O-line.
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005   #22
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

If they draft Barron Saturday, the Texans will have done nothing to improve the O-line. Letting the same guys stay together for more than 30 minutes will be the biggest help they can get, draft or no draft, this year. And wasn't it a 5 year plan??? I'm pretty sure it was.
Old 04-18-2005   #23
DRIFTAWAY
All Pro

What he said might not have been raining our parade, but a reality check instead.
Most Improved- Juwan Howard
DRIFTAWAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005   #24
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar
If they draft Barron Saturday, the Texans will have done nothing to improve the O-line. Letting the same guys stay together for more than 30 minutes will be the biggest help they can get, draft or no draft, this year. And wasn't it a 5 year plan??? I'm pretty sure it was.
I believe year four was supposed to be our first taste of the playoffs, then in year 5 we were supposed to be competing for Super Bowls, but I may be remembering incorrectly...
Old 04-18-2005   #25
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

Was Lopez right when he said that Casserly's been consistently saying that he doesn't expect to draft a starter?

Bwuh?
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005   #26
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

I think you have to take anything Texan management or coaches say right now with a grain of salt. Lots of "Texas Hold 'Em" going on right now across the league. I'm looking forward to an exciting draft with a few surprises. I hope one of them is Derrek Johnson at #13!!!!
Old 04-18-2005   #27
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 133123 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

only thing I'll say is at least we aren't the Cleveland Browns... well maybe it would be good.. DJ (or whoever) would be in our grasps come saturday..

I am glad we have built a solid team without pulling a Redskins and pay all these players high dollars and STILL drafting ahead of us.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005   #28
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf
only thing I'll say is at least we aren't the Cleveland Browns... well maybe it would be good.. DJ (or whoever) would be in our grasps come saturday..

I am glad we have built a solid team without pulling a Redskins and pay all these players high dollars and STILL drafting ahead of us.
TOO TRUE!!!! Has another expansion franchise done a better job? Carolina made it to the NFCC game its 2nd yr but crashed and burned after that and most of the other ones have either drafted pitifully or broke the bank signing high $$ FA's. I like the way the Texans handle their business.
Old 04-19-2005   #29
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar
If I remember correctly, John Lopez had to issue an apology after the very 1st
article he wrote for the Chronicle. He's always been a "glass dang near empty" kinda guy. I don't know what his deal is, but he just doesn't seem to like ANY Houston sports franchise.

That's his rice bowl. Throw stuff against the wall and see if it sticks. I'd just like to see his mock. We been missing you JL. Where you been ?
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read