Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-22-2008   #21
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 129709 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What the hell is a "brown" anyway

A Brown is (like others said above) named after Paul, but I believe C Brown is a word for Injured often and has a hard time making in on the field to help carry the ball for the Texans
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008   #22
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfuldragon View Post
per wikipedia they aren't named after paul brown:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History...eveland_Browns
Brown Bomber just doesn't sound right.......splash
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008   #23
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
A Brown is (like others said above) named after Paul, but I believe C Brown is a word for Injured often and has a hard time making in on the field to help carry the ball for the Texans
As far as I know, he's been hurt once with the Texans and it's a career-threatening injury.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008   #24
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

I hate the entire state of ohio is just so Mehhhhh
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008   #25
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not a Browns fan by any stretch of the imagination but I can't get a lot of aggression going when we play them or get too fired up about wanting to beat them. I can't help it, I like these guys. Their fans got screwed just like we did and lost their team for no other reason than that their teams owner was a sack of crap. When the Browns came back I was kind of interested in seeing them do well. I didn't watch a bunch of their games and didn't become a Browns fan but I'm always kind of pulling for them. I can't help but think that if they can get back on track then so can we someday.

I'm glad the NFL has the Cleveland Browns around. I just wish it still contained the Houston Oilers. At least it's still got the Houston Texans.
Old 11-23-2008   #26
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 129709 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

you brought some memories back...
webster slaughter,kosar..frank minifield

Ernest byner , kevin mack
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008   #27
mancunian
Daleks Rule

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Rep Power: 833 mancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdawg View Post
The Brown's were named after thier coach Paul Brown. He was one of the most forward thinking and respected coaches ever in the history of football.
he was and if it wasn't for him there'd be no West Coast Offence. Bill Walsh served under Brown and some of the WCO idea's he used are in fact Paul Browns.
mancunian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008   #28
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3020 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

"Why do they call it the Lombardi trophy?"

I used to think the genesis for Cleveland's name was common knowledge among most NFL fans. I must be getting older than I'm ready to admit.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008   #29
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

feces.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008   #30
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

A brown is that dark colored streak in the backside of your kids drawers.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008   #31
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

i cant hate the browns either infact i pull for them there kinda the same team has us

But with that being said there is a freindly rivaly going between us we played each other alot almost every year
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read