Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-18-2005   #61
outofhnd
All Pro

its also a TE issue as well people we give the play away with the personnel we line up because niether TE could block and catch well, they had to come in and out which tipped defenses off what the playcall was going to be.

We need a TE that can play 85% of the plays so that defenses are less clued into what play we are calling.

When Miller was out there it was a large chance we would pass I think our line is ok but we need to disguise playcalling with 1 base personnel formation. that means a TE that can both block and catch the pass. Then we will run better and AJ won't be doubled because what may look like a run play was actually play action and now AJ is 1 on 1 with a corner because the safety cheated into the box or bit on the fake. when miller was out there safeties were not going to bite because miller isnt out there for run plays.
Old 04-19-2005   #62
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

DD runs harder than Wells can't argue that.

but based on averages.. and being people are not high on Wells..give Wells the 302 carries that DD had.. well that means based on Wells 3.6 yards a carry.. he would have 1087 yards last season... compared to Dd's 1188 .... not much difference between the two...

I am not saying Wells is great or DD is bad (dd catches the ball very well and deserves the starting spot).. I am just putting in perspective that not much is different between the two...

Wells could get a 1000 yards (based on averages) out of this offense
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005   #63
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 75191 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf
DD runs harder than Wells can't argue that.

but based on averages.. and being people are not high on Wells..give Wells the 302 carries that DD had.. well that means based on Wells 3.6 yards a carry.. he would have 1087 yards last season... compared to Dd's 1188 .... not much difference between the two...

I am not saying Wells is great or DD is bad (dd catches the ball very well and deserves the starting spot).. I am just putting in perspective that not much is different between the two...

Isn't Wells like 5 feet taller than DD?? And a north/south rusher?
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005   #64
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 88794 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-ReK
Upon further review, I'll probably have to retract my statement that he could make a good short yardage back since on 3rd and short (less than 2) last year, he had 5 attempts for 9 yards with a long of 8...Not too promising...
where do these stats come from? I'm not questioning them, just wondering where to find stats broken down like that. I haven't even tried looking for them, but it made me curious...
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005   #65
Davis37
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar
Isn't Wells like 5 feet taller than DD?? And a north/south rusher?
Wells is a bigger back but is only a south runner... Once he gets to the line he turns his back to the defenders and drops like a brick. He did have like 2 good games last year tho, Ill give him that.
Davis37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005   #66
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 247537 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf

Yes he could. I believe that says as much about the blocking last season as it does about the running backs.
Old 04-19-2005   #67
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 303034 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm
where do these stats come from? I'm not questioning them, just wondering where to find stats broken down like that. I haven't even tried looking for them, but it made me curious...
If you go to any of the sports sites like NFL.com, ESPN.com, etc. they have stats for the players. There are usually buttons for situational stats and/or split stats.

For example: Yahoo-splits

Situational stats

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read