Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read


Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2008   #21
Scooter
Funky
 
Scooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Age: 34
Posts: 4,853
Rep Power: 89551 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: April 28, 2006

as bad as it was, can you imagine the chaos if we had waited until the draft to announce mario?
__________________
Scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008   #22
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man
 
Hardcore Texan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Round Rock, TX
Age: 40
Posts: 9,448
Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: April 28, 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
as bad as it was, can you imagine the chaos if we had waited until the draft to announce mario?
I remember posting here during that day and being very okay with the Mario pick. I didn't want Bush and I didn't want Vince. I wanted to trade back for D'brick. But once it became evident we weren't going to do that I was very okay with Mario over the other two.

One contributing factor to the firestorm was that the Texans announce the MW pick the night before the draft started, gave people plenty of time to get their rant on.
__________________
Warning: This post may or may not contain sarcasm, satire, or humor in general. Read at your own risk!
Hardcore Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008   #23
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors
 
mexican_texan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Spring, TX
Age: 23
Posts: 14,188
Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: April 28, 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
I remember posting here during that day and being very okay with the Mario pick. I didn't want Bush and I didn't want Vince. I wanted to trade back for D'brick. But once it became evident we weren't going to do that I was very okay with Mario over the other two.

One contributing factor to the firestorm was that the Texans announce the MW pick the night before the draft started, gave people plenty of time to get their rant on.
D'Brick...whatever happened to him? I recall half the board wanted him...or at least the half of the board that stayed.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
in the hood, they calls it pimpin'.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008   #24
Scooter
Funky
 
Scooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Age: 34
Posts: 4,853
Rep Power: 89551 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: April 28, 2006

i was the same way, either mario or d'brick and i was leaning towards d'brick.
__________________
Scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008   #25
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame
 
dalemurphy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Austin
Section: Bullpen/ 636
Age: 40
Posts: 5,720
Rep Power: 53673 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: April 28, 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porky View Post
I guess I was one of the "morons". I thought that Mario was a workout warrior, and Bush was at worst going to be a Brian Westbrook. It's funny because hindsight is 20/20. So, if Bush was the second coming and Mario was a bust, would 5,000 of us have been insightful, and 10 of you morons, or do you have some kind of crystal ball the rest of us don't?
No what made you "morons" was your insistance that you knew it was a horrible draft pick. Wanting Bush or Young shouldn't have discounted the possibility that Mario could have been a good pick as well.

So, it was your confidence that makes you look ridiculous looking back. Certainly, if I would've said that Mario is going to be great and Bush will stink and I know it.. well, if that turned out to be untrue then I would look very foolish.

My position, at the time, was that I appreciated the organization not making its personnel decisions based on fan and media pressure and also that I will never complain about my team trying to build the DL and OLs.

Hopefully some people learned a lesson or two- like Richard Smith. Instead of crucifying people simply because you disagree with a decision, a measure of humility and benefit of the doubt should be used.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008   #26
BigBull17
Hall of Fame
 
BigBull17's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Alvin
Age: 33
Posts: 5,046
Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: April 28, 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
No what made you "morons" was your insistance that you knew it was a horrible draft pick. Wanting Bush or Young shouldn't have discounted the possibility that Mario could have been a good pick as well.

So, it was your confidence that makes you look ridiculous looking back. Certainly, if I would've said that Mario is going to be great and Bush will stink and I know it.. well, if that turned out to be untrue then I would look very foolish.

My position, at the time, was that I appreciated the organization not making its personnel decisions based on fan and media pressure and also that I will never complain about my team trying to build the DL and OLs.

Hopefully some people learned a lesson or two- like Richard Smith. Instead of crucifying people simply because you disagree with a decision, a measure of humility and benefit of the doubt should be used.
Add to the fact that you were called racist if you didnt want VY, or an ***** if you didnt want Bush and it was the worst 2 months of my life as a Texan fan. It didnt help that John McClain and Dick Justice were spewing their garbage every 3 seconds. And for the record, I want to trade back with the Jets for the 4th pick and Abraham then take Mario. Hell of a pass rush... Like anyone wants the 1st overall pick anyway.
__________________
Ugh, I wish my dog would quit Schaubin in the living room...
BigBull17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008   #27
Kulluminatii
Hall of Fame
 
Kulluminatii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: California
Age: 23
Posts: 1,955
Rep Power: 3280 Kulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: April 28, 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
Add to the fact that you were called racist if you didnt want VY, or an ***** if you didnt want Bush and it was the worst 2 months of my life as a Texan fan. It didnt help that John McClain and Dick Justice were spewing their garbage every 3 seconds. And for the record, I want to trade back with the Jets for the 4th pick and Abraham then take Mario. Hell of a pass rush... Like anyone wants the 1st overall pick anyway.
Kulluminatii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008   #28
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog
 
HoustonFrog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Chicago
Age: 44
Posts: 12,418
Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: April 28, 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
D'Brick...whatever happened to him? I recall half the board wanted him...or at least the half of the board that stayed.
Doing pretty well for the Jets and saw him play well last night.
__________________
Desperation is a stinky cologne. -Super Troopers
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger