Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-13-2008   #61
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 71966 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Future of Texans QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
Jeff, is that you? Because I am starting to get suspicious.

Edit: This is my first post from work. I feel so proud. I only started my new job 2 hours ago.
LOL! That's awesome! Only two hours before your first post. Heck, you'll be catching up to TB soon.
Old 11-13-2008   #62
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

where do u freaking work ????
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008   #63
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 141 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
colt mccoy
I got a funny feeling that boy is headed to Detroit.
Old 11-14-2008   #64
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 141 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzO View Post
So, Johnny Mac brought up some points today...

So, if I'm thinking the #3 option mentioned earlier happens - keep Matt, drop Sage, look in the draft... with other needs on the team, how late in the rounds do you think we can find our TRUE future QB (if there is one) to groom behind Matt next year and see if Matt is worthy of exercising the option for the future?
That's the big question. I do not believe they are throwing the season, but I believe they are unloading the benches to see just exactly what they have in the hopper as far as the young'uns are concerned. Greenwood's gotta go and Weaver's gotta go. Everything beyond that is all gravy.

Two seasons ago they were looking for play makers on the offense. You'd figure now, with the passing game hitting, they will be looking for play makers on defense. But who knows... You also gotta figure if they just spent a high pick last year finally on an OLT, Andre Smith is out.

Micheal Ohr is possible...I'll believe this group will spend a high one on a guard when I see it. But clearly our middle is getting it's brains beat out every time they meet an elite nose tackle. That's been going on for two and a half seasons. There are several running backs who could compliment Steve Slaton very well, not trying to replace the guy...just trying to get seven years out of him instead of four...with touches in a game. Why you would load up with another WR is mind Boggling to me. But clearly Micheal Crabtree is the best WR weapon on the board. And maybe the best player on the board regardless of offense or defensive positions.
All that being said.....There are a couple of QBs on the board worthy of a first round pick....not top ten...but worthy.

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...27&postcount=1

There is your list of what is considered by some as the cream of next years crop. At the moment my personal favorite is Curry of Wake Forrest. If he blows them away and then DE or center in the second.
(There are four...count them four, centers on the board worthy of a first day grade...and one who can cover OT also.) Or Orakpo and then the very athletic LB. At the very least someone who'll push Greenwood out the door and/or who can back up Ryans and push Dilles. There is no guarantee that Dilles will be on line by September '09. They may need to take two linebackers depending on how Adibi preforms the rest of the way. The defense should have a high priority.

Back to the QB....funny how very ordinary the Pats are without the number one QB in the NFL. I think until all of these sophomores and Juniors declare to come out....Chase Daniels would make a fine stop gap backing up MS...probably fall into the fifth round. Got a lot invested in ole Matty. If Matty fails there are a load of very athletic passers coming on line in the next couple of drafts. This will be our third franchise QB if Matt fails. Take your time. Hold your water and do it right if you're going to draft number three QB. Which is exactly what I posted during the David Carr fiasco.

Daniels should fall because of size and arm strength. It'll buy them time until Kubes can find him an Elway. Lets hope they avoid another selection on the golf course this time.

Last edited by threetoedpete; 11-14-2008 at 03:06 AM.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008   #65
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 21276 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected

A QB will be available next summer

Quote:
RICHMOND, Va. -- Imprisoned NFL quarterback Michael Vick expects to return to pro football, according to his bankruptcy attorneys who laid out a plan to pay creditors based in part on his anticipated earnings.

"The Debtor has every reason to believe that upon his release, he will be reinstated into the NFL, resume his career and be able to earn a substantial living," Vick's attorneys wrote in a disclosure statement filed before a hearing Thursday in U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Norfolk.

The former Atlanta Falcons star is serving a 23-month sentence in a federal penitentiary for bankrolling a dogfighting ring in rural Virginia and is scheduled to be released on July 20.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3701275

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read