Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-10-2005   #41
Oilers/Texans
Veteran

I find it strange how people will say they think we will win 9 or 10 games but then go on to say that we won't contend for the playoffs. Then they go on to say maybe we'll make the playoffs in 06 and then go deep in the playoffs in 07??? What kind of plan is that????? Hey, if you win 9 or 10 games, you WILL be a playoff contenter. And when you get to the playoffs anything can happen, so if they do make it in '05, why would you not think they would go deep this year? I'm saying 9 to 11 wins and Super Bowl after they get in the playoffs.
Oilers/Texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005   #42
rhc564
Veteran

Default ...don't forget

...just wanted to remind everybody that theTexans only beat 1 team with
a winning record last year
rhc564 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005   #43
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhc564

well we came back from a hude defict to tie the vikings at home but we lost, than we stop a 2 game losing streak by beatin the chiefs at home who were hungry for a win, we go to jacksonville and shut out the jaguars. Go to chicago in very cold conditions (we are not used to) and pick up the win. We kept the game against greenbay close, before farve finally threw a td to beat us. WE OVER CAME SOME ADVERSITY, so i wouldnt look at the teams we beat and say they werent big wins. This team is making progress and should be a play-off contender this season.
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005   #44
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool

Quote:
Some times we come together. Everything lines up, and we appear unstopable (you know the games, quarters I am talking about).

Other times, it's the Browns game.

If we can fix our problems we all b*tch about, and gel a little more, 9-7 or 10-6 will be easy. And as long as we win 1 or 2 more every year, I don't care about playoffs.

*contradicting self*
I would like to have some "quality" wins this year. Only time will tell.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005   #45
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

The fact of the matter is that we have not made any improvements this year to make me think we will be a better team. We have not made enough changes to compete with teams that were better than us last year, or teams that made strives through the offseason to become better than us. That leaves us beating teams that are worse than us, and thats why this years record will be disapointing. We have a really tough schedule this year.

Tier 1 teams: Indy, Pittsburg, Baltimore
Tier 2 teams: Jax, Cin, Sea, KC, Ariz, Buffalo, Stl
Tier 3 teams: SF, Tenn, Clev

If we lose all our Tier 1 games, (4 losses), win all our tier 3 games (4 wins), and split the Tier 2 games, that is 8-8 season (and that is very optimistic in my opinion.
gtexan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005   #46
Paragon Blue
Veteran

was listening to ESPN radio last night and they were going over some of the teams schedules. They talked about us twice, losing to Baltimore and S.F. So much for respect.
Old 04-15-2005   #47
barzilla
Veteran

Here's how I go. Of course, this assumes we do not improve at all (and neither do the other teams) in the draft:

Home

Indianapolis- Loss (our offensive line hasn't improved enough)
Jacksonville- Win (the homefield advantage throws us over)
Tennessee- Win (the Titans could be the worst in the NFL)
Cleveland- Win (revenge game)
Pittsburgh- Loss (the Steelers have too much of a pass rush)
Arizona- Win (the new QB will give us an opportunity to blitz)
St. Louis- Win (a team going in the wrong direction)
Kansas City- Win (some improvement on defense but not enough)

Away

Indianapolis- Loss (no way)
Jacksonville- Loss (close game but tough on the road)
Tennessee- Win (stick it to Bud)
Baltimore- Loss (too much of a pass rush)
Cincinnati- Loss (a pick em game)
San Francisco- Win (another young QB)
Seattle- Loss (another pick em game)
Buffalo- Win (another young QB)

Here we see the Texans going 9-7. That would be a normal progression for this team. If you look at the losses I think you could see a direction we could go in the draft. Alex Barron would be an impact pick based on the number of teams that will hurt us with the pass rush. Of course, you can't build a team looking at next year's schedule.
barzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005   #48
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 94543 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans have a winning '05

I think the Texans will have a winning year, but no predicitions on games other than we finally beat Indy :woot . As for the draft, I hope the Texans do NOT waste a 1st round pick on Alex Barron. I don't think he's a top 20 talent. The O-line will be better with some continuity. I look for it to be much improved this year.I would like to see Casserly trade up(within reason) and get Derrek Johnson. Call me crazy, but I also think we will pick up a good RB on the 2nd day of the draft and he will have an impact this year when DD has his usual spate of injuries. Last, and certainly least, they really need to add spellcheck on here.

Last edited by DocBar; 04-16-2005 at 09:55 AM.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005   #49
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94543 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Who the ***** are the Tigers, and when did the Texans play them???
Old 04-16-2005   #50
rhc564
Veteran

Default Winner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar
Who the ***** are the Tigers, and when did the Texans play them???
We have a winner but it took you long enough!!! Lions, not Tigers...bet
that was tough to figure out!!!!
rhc564 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005   #51
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
We have a winner but it took you long enough!!! Lions, not Tigers...bet
that was tough to figure out!!!!
Thank you....thank you very much
Old 04-16-2005   #52
DocBar
Hall of Fame

I really think the Texans will have a good year, playoff's or not. A lot of that will depend on DD's health. When he feels good, he's as dangerous as any back in the league. We need him healthy and off to a good start, or we can kiss the playoff's goodbye.
Things to look for on 2005:
Derrick Armstrong will have a breakout year and become a starter
Peek will have double-digit sacks
Carr will throw 25+ TD's
DD will push 2,000 all-purpose yds
Johnson will hit 1,500 yds receiving
Texans will finally return a kick or punt for a TD

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read