Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-13-2005   #21
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 31584 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
Its fair and accurate to portray them as steady but unspectacular at this point.
Perhaps. However, it's also silly to evaluate a 3rd year quarterback of a 3 year expansion team solely on the body of work. That description would fit Tom Brady, Donovan McNabb, Troy Aikman, Steve McNair (if solid is holding the clipboard), etc...

Other than Elway, Marino, Montana... there really aren't many/any examples of quarterbacks meeting with a lot of success in their first three years.

p.s. Brady won a Superbowl his second year but certainly was receiving accolades as a very good quarterback until his 4th season- the one after they missed the playoffs.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005   #22
HoustonLionsFan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
a) the fans in both cities are fairly astute and stats aside Carr really has shown more potential than Harrington and... Personally, I am going with (a) since Harrington has been sacked less times in three years (minus 20 sacks even) than Carr has been sacked in three years.
I understand that point, but Joey hasn't had a run game in 2.5 yrs or a healthy WR corp for a full season (or a true #1 for a whole season). That is why I said both teams have had problems.

Both have been unspectacular and I hope both of them light it up this year. It would be much more fun to debate the 2002 QB's when they have a full team around them and are playing well
HoustonLionsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005   #23
Texansbacker
Veteran

The cream will rise to the top and those that can will prove themselves.

My money is on Carr and Davis to develop into top 5 talent at their respective positions, along with an already proven star in AJ this season to become the Texans Triplets.

OL will gel. Norris will stay healthy. Joppru will come through.

All possibilities and combined, would be the right ingredients for the cream to rise.
Texansbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005   #24
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

well persoanlly i was just commenting on how i thought that in order for a player to be spectacular he had to have some spectacular guys around him,,, and i say that cause a lot of people seem to think the Broncos always have "spectacular" running back. Just like Rubon Droughns do you think he could run behind our line like he does in denver ? Our do you think Peyton could pick apart defenses the same way here that he does in Indianapolis ??? Problably not so what makes them so spectacular ?
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005   #25
BillsfanALWAYS

I watched the jacksonville game last year at the end of the season. And Davis wast playing to bad. I think hes a top15 back nothing special though. I think you guys have more needs than running back if you ask me. By the way when i was watching that game, It was jacksonville at home right? there stadium wast even close to being full. Ist that pathectic.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read