Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 11-05-2008   #1
MannyFresh
El Capitan

Rep Power: 398 MannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respected
Default So who picked up Sage on their league?

I grabbed him as a short-term solution since my reg starter is Aaron Rodgers.
MannyFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008   #2
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29597 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: So who picked up Sage on their league?

I might not have any other choice, since I have MS as my starter. I'm doomed. Thursday night game this week so I gotta get it figured out. I dumped my backup a couple weeks ago.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008   #3
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1698 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess I'll have to. Hopefully Joe Flacco is available.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008   #4
MannyFresh
El Capitan

Rep Power: 398 MannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
I might not have any other choice, since I have MS as my starter. I'm doomed. Thursday night game this week so I gotta get it figured out. I dumped my backup a couple weeks ago.

I'd pick him up quick then since he already has Daniels, A. Johnson, & Walters to throw to. If MS is really out 4 weeks and Sage does well, he could mean (at least for me) a chance to get into the playoffs in my league.
Old 11-05-2008   #5
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 30061 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't need a QB but thought about it as a backup...then I checked the schedule. I don't see greatness.
Old 11-05-2008   #6
txchick1971
SassyRedneck

Rep Power: 15 txchick1971 could be on the next Madden covertxchick1971 could be on the next Madden covertxchick1971 could be on the next Madden covertxchick1971 could be on the next Madden covertxchick1971 could be on the next Madden covertxchick1971 could be on the next Madden covertxchick1971 could be on the next Madden cover

free-rot and matty ryan are doing me very well......sage is not an option for me

txchick1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008   #7
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 21071 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

I got Drew Brees, so I'm doing alright. On a related note, my backup qb was Schaub and on the ONLY week I needed him, he scores me a whopping one point!
Old 11-05-2008   #8
Sal Rosenberg
All Pro

Rep Power: 110 Sal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respected

Big Ben got hurt so I could have Bulger,Flacco,or Sage
Sal Rosenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008   #9
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1698 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I picked up Joe Flacco instead of Sage. It's a temporary stopgap for now. I may pick up Sage after this game, but no way he gets more points than Flacco on Sunday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal Rosenberg View Post
Big Ben got hurt so I could have Bulger,Flacco,or Sage
I had Roethlisberger and Schaub. Looking back, it was a bad decision, but I think I got both in free agency. I wasted a pick on Tom Brady and another on Derek Anderson. I had to cut one in hopes I could pick him back up when he's healthy and I decided to cut Schaub. Hopefully that doesn't come back to bite me in the ass.
Old 11-06-2008   #10
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29597 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

OK guys!! Help me out. I gotta make a decision pretty soon. Do I take a chance with Sage, or pick up Flacco, knowing he's playing against OUR defense! I'm presently sitting in second place in my division in my league and have a good shot at the playoffs, IF I don't screw this up.

In the past it's been my conviction to NEVER play against the Texans, and I've done real well with that. I bench anyone who plays us. BUT, I don't have much to go with here, and I need someone to finish the season with. I don't think MS will be back, but, that's JMO!

Your opinions would be appreciated!!

Gma
Old 11-06-2008   #11
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Quote:
OK guys!! Help me out. I gotta make a decision pretty soon. Do I take a chance with Sage, or pick up Flacco, knowing he's playing against OUR defense! I'm presently sitting in second place in my division in my league and have a good shot at the playoffs, IF I don't screw this up.

In the past it's been my conviction to NEVER play against the Texans, and I've done real well with that. I bench anyone who plays us. BUT, I don't have much to go with here, and I need someone to finish the season with. I don't think MS will be back, but, that's JMO!

Your opinions would be appreciated!!

Gma
I'd go with Joe Flacco. Our defense will give up bigger numbers than Baltimore's defense
Old 11-06-2008   #12
txchick1971
SassyRedneck

Rep Power: 15 txchick1971 could be on the next Madden covertxchick1971 could be on the next Madden covertxchick1971 could be on the next Madden covertxchick1971 could be on the next Madden covertxchick1971 could be on the next Madden covertxchick1971 could be on the next Madden covertxchick1971 could be on the next Madden cover

flacco.......but i'm last in my league so what do i know
txchick1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008   #13
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 39326 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Sage....whether he scores 20 or 5, whether Flacco goes ape crazy or Texans lose place your bets on who makes you feel better @ end of the day. you are one of the very best Texans fans EVER, how would it feel as Sage plays his heart out (you know he will) Andre/OD both go off, Slaton, Walter, Anderson, Jacoby even Moats make plays to help him out & you chose the devil I mean Joe Flacco?

picked him up myself this morning so I can talk, still have Pennington starting (22) while Sage is projected for 15, Joe Flacco is projected to go for 11.
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008   #14
MannyFresh
El Capitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Sage....whether he scores 20 or 5, whether Flacco goes ape crazy or Texans lose place your bets on who makes you feel better @ end of the day. you are one of the very best Texans fans EVER, how would it feel as Sage plays his heart out (you know he will) Andre/OD both go off, Slaton, Walter, Anderson, Jacoby even Moats make plays to help him out & you chose the devil I mean Joe Flacco?

picked him up myself this morning so I can talk, still have Pennington starting (22) while Sage is projected for 15, Joe Flacco is projected to go for 11.
Good point, I picked up Sage but A. Rodgers is still my starter, he's been putting up respectable numbers, but I also have Cutler who's throwing against Cleveland tonight. So decisions, decisions.
Old 11-06-2008   #15
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannyFresh View Post
Good point, I picked up Sage but A. Rodgers is still my starter, he's been putting up respectable numbers, but I also have Cutler who's throwing against Cleveland tonight. So decisions, decisions.
I don't think Cutler's healed from his thumb injury yet. I'd go with Rodgers.
Old 11-06-2008   #16
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 39326 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannyFresh View Post
you have absolutely a stud team then, other than Brees you can't do much better than that

Rodgers is projected 14 < 15 for Rosenfels. Rodgers has done well following up legendary QB Brett Farve while Sage just wants to show he is starter material & can play in this league. Rodgers still seems like his shoulder is bothering him & scored only 9 last week vs. Titans (great game however).
Old 11-06-2008   #17
Sal Rosenberg
All Pro

Rep Power: 110 Sal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respected

Go with Rosemary err I mean Sage
Sal Rosenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008   #18
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22304 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Brady Quinn!!!!!!!!!
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008   #19
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Well, sticking with my devotion to my Texans wins out. Don't think I could live with myself if I didn't. Just gives me that much more to scream about on Sunday!! Besides, I have AJ, and hopefully, he'll have a better game than last week. Teaming with AJ will be R. Moss, with Dom Rhodes and Drew Jones as my RBs. Scoobie DOO is my kicker. I'm keeping MS on my roster though, just in case he comes back. In my league any deal I make cost me 10 bucks. SOOOOO, Sage OWES me!! lol
Old 11-06-2008   #20
beerlover
Site Contributor

Quote:
Well, sticking with my devotion to my Texans wins out. Don't think I could live with myself if I didn't. Just gives me that much more to scream about on Sunday!! Besides, I have AJ, and hopefully, he'll have a better game than last week. Teaming with AJ will be R. Moss, with Dom Rhodes and Drew Jones as my RBs. Scoobie DOO is my kicker. I'm keeping MS on my roster though, just in case he comes back. In my league any deal I make cost me 10 bucks. SOOOOO, Sage OWES me!! lol
unleash the furry

here is another tip for you in regards to another Texan.

Quote:
Our first undrafted-in-the-preseason player went No. 15, as Slaton went to Karabell, ahead of preseason top-25 picks Addai, Jones-Drew and Lewis. Of course, through nine weeks, Slaton had 51 more fantasy points than Addai, 15 more than Jones-Drew and 26 more than Lewis. How many people saw that coming?

"I know it sounds odd, but I do think he's safer than those other guys," said Karabell. "Slaton has been very nearly a top-10 running back this season; he's catching passes and scoring touchdowns, and with a low workload. As for Ahman Green, I just have to laugh. He can't stay on the field." - espn

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read