Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: What would you choose?
Re-Sign Domanick Davis to a multi-year contract 34 56.67%
Pursue a runningback in the 2006 Draft 4 6.67%
Pursue a runningback in the 2005 Draft 20 33.33%
Seek out a quality free agent 1 1.67%
Give Jonathan Wells/Tony Hollings a shot 1 1.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-14-2005   #1
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84
Default 06' Runningback Situation

With Domanicks contract expiring after the end of this season, what would you like to see be done with the runningback situation?
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005   #2
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

I need to vote twice, because I would resign DD and look to draft a RB in the draft, this year or next depending on what is on the board when we pick. Can't have too many quaility RBs
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005   #3
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

We draft a back this year for sure. Hollings will stick. Baxter and Wells will battle it out for the last SP teams slot.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005   #4
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 63855 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Davis will be a restricted free agent after the season. Therefore, we'll either sign him to an extension or we'll tender him enough money so that any other offers he accepts will garner us a high draft pick.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005   #5
canadiantexan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy
Davis will be a restricted free agent after the season. Therefore, we'll either sign him to an extension or we'll tender him enough money so that any other offers he accepts will garner us a high draft pick.
I wouldnt mind getting Benson using him and DD together hope DD has a big year then let someone else sign him and get another quality draft pick for next year but I guess that's best case scenairio.
canadiantexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005   #6
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

We'll probably draft a RB this year as insurance for in case Davis can't stay healthy next year or someone offers him an outrageous contract after next season that we choose to not match...
Old 04-14-2005   #7
outofhnd
All Pro

Yea this year will be my determining factor of what we do with DD. I like his style I dont like his nagging injuries and lack of durability so far. If he can start the season like played at the end of 05 and stays healthy then I am all for resigning him for the longterm. If he gets injured again and becomes a nonfactor for 3 games or more then he is injury prone sign him to a 1 year tender draft a RB in 06. (reggie bush)
Old 04-14-2005   #8
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Hopefully we don't get a chance to get Reggie Bush, since he'll likely be a top 10 pick...If you want to look at RBs for next year, look for Leon Washington from FSU, DeAngelo Williams of Memphis, or Laurence Maroney from Minnesota if he comes out early...
Old 04-14-2005   #9
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

our we can wait till Adrian Peterson comes out of OU, i had to play against him in high school when i played for the Huntsville Hornets and i can proudly say he ran me over like he was a semi and i was a rabbit. I still hurt
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005   #10
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 206631 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

I need more choices in the vote .... like .....

Wait till the end of this season to see how DD is performing before giving him a multi year deal .

Keep J.Wells for special teams , dump Hollings and look for another back in the middle rounds this draft .

Move up in this draft and take Ronnie Brown to split time w/ DD .
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005   #11
Beastlyman2003
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiantexan
I wouldnt mind getting Benson using him and DD together hope DD has a big year then let someone else sign him and get another quality draft pick for next year but I guess that's best case scenairio.
why would we do this? why would we get rid of a good rb when he has done so much for this franchise? We definatly resign him to a long-term deal and designate him our "RB of the future"
Old 04-15-2005   #12
cadahnic
All Pro

In the fourth or fifth round look for us to select a larger running back with more speed that Wells. there are a couple of them in this draft. I think we will put the highest tender on DD, but if he leaves Reggie Bush will be a nice addition. And we will be in position to go after him look at us to have around the same pick next year.
cadahnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005   #13
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't see any reason why the Texans would not resign Dominack Davis to a longer term contract extension even before restricted free agency because they have a tendancy to reward players they like which Davis represents.

Also see them upgrading quality of depth with a latter round pick. I'd like to see Miami Hurricane Frank Gore selected, despite knee injury's he was the top high school prospect in the nation and looked great @ Miami before being hurt. plus if any team knows a thing or two about reconstructive knee surgery its the Texans
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005   #14
wiley2002
Veteran

I don't think this question should be answered until after the season is over. I don't want a part 2 of what happened with the LB core. We have some great RBs. Just fix the o-line first before we start judging the backs.
wiley2002 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read