Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-03-2008   #21
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 14907 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Baltimore Ravens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daravenator View Post
Well, it's been a while, fellas! Ever since good ol' Ike blew through! But finally the Ravens and the Texans are ready to play football!

Personally, I wish we still had the bye this week, but you can't always get what you want. The Ravens first MNF game in their history was scheduled for Monday, Septmber 17, 2001. But that game was postponed due to 9/11. Maybe we're bad luck!

No matter. You gotta play 'em as they come. Here's looking towards a hard-fought game. One suggestion: tell your HC NOT to run the ball. Why Romeo couldn't figure that one out is beyond me!
Slaton ran...decently well against Pat and Kevin Williams. If he can do that, I think we'll be able to do [b]something[b] on the ground.
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008   #22
Daravenator
Veteran

Rep Power: 3743 Daravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyboy View Post
Slaton ran...decently well against Pat and Kevin Williams. If he can do that, I think we'll be able to do [b]something[b] on the ground.
Maybe. Nobody has as of yet.
Daravenator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008   #23
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Dude, Sage will be starting, you know what that means. Have you seen his flying helicopter kick? Tell Ray to watch out!
Old 11-03-2008   #24
Htownsportsfan
All Pro

Rep Power: 128 Htownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respected

The Ravens game could not come at a worse time for the Texans, according to PFT and the disney sports channel Schaub is out for a month with a torn MCL. What a week to face the Ravens D with one decent quarterback and then a bunch of also rans! Its only Monday and my stomach already hurts from thinking about having only one healthy Qb against the Ravens!

Please Please let the reports be wrong!!!!!

Support our troops
Htownsportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008   #25
NBT
Veteran

Rep Power: 124 NBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respected

Didn't know Schaub's injury was that bad.
NBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008   #26
austintexanite
All Pro

As long as we keep them honest with the run I think we can exploit them over the top. They'll probably have a similar plan like the Vikings and doubleteam Dre. Walter, Anderson and OD have been playing some good ball lately. DON'T TURN THE BALL OVER!!!
Old 11-03-2008   #27
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Agreed. That defense has been killer against the run. I dont want my running backs shoulder broken.

We need to go downfield and test the Ravens backup secondary. Am I correct in saying that 3-4 starters are out???
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008   #28
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Htownsportsfan View Post
according to PFT and the disney sports channel Schaub is out for a month with a torn MCL.
Well if you heard it from Disney I am sure its true
Old 11-03-2008   #29
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

i hate ray lewis
Old 11-03-2008   #30
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Ray lewis is OLD he dont scurrr ME !!!
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008   #31
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
Ray lewis is OLD he dont scurrr ME !!!
i'm not scared of him. i think he's batshit and i can't stand his stupid apoplectic dance.
Old 11-04-2008   #32
Daravenator
Veteran

Rep Power: 3743 Daravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
Agreed. That defense has been killer against the run. I dont want my running backs shoulder broken.

We need to go downfield and test the Ravens backup secondary. Am I correct in saying that 3-4 starters are out???
I think Rolle may start, but McAlister and Landry will most likely be out. And Rolle isn't that hot of a CB anymore. IMO, if the Texans want a legimate shot at beating the Ravens, they need to stretch the field and throw passes of 15+ yards often. Anyone who watched film of the Ravens-Indy game should be able to figure that one out.

It is a waste of time trying to win the game with the rush.
Old 11-04-2008   #33
Daravenator
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfuldragon View Post
i'm not scared of him. i think he's batshit and i can't stand his stupid apoplectic dance.
He's having a hell of a year, though. Especially for a 13-year middle linebacker.
Old 11-04-2008   #34
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfuldragon View Post
I dislike "stupid apoplectic dances" no matter who does them. I hope the Texans have gotten over them, but like many hopes around here I doubt it will be fulfilled.
Old 11-04-2008   #35
MannyFresh
El Capitan

Rep Power: 398 MannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respected

Reeves/Dunta needs to step it up on either Mason or Clayton and not get burned. I'm sure the Ravens are just seeing what they can do to Reeves. That's my biggest worry right now Reeves, he's totally exposed.
MannyFresh is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read