Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-31-2008   #41
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 102779 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Green injured again..? If so then...

green
walker
echemandu
gado
taylor
lundy

dayne

hardly a hall of fame worthy group over the past 2 years, but only one name has been both good enough to get on the field and the only one to stay on the field. obviously the coaches dont feel that dayne's worth keeping around so this discussion means squat, but i dont think it's fair to downplay what dayne did as a texan. averaging 4ypc behind a line that wasnt as talented and in a system that wasnt working doesnt strike me as a player that needs ridicule. what dayne did for us and what he could do for us if we brought him back is handle carries, he can be trusted to average 4 yards and maintain 10-15 touches per game to spell slaton without hurting himself. it wont happen, but i'm in agreement that it probably should.
Old 10-31-2008   #42
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, Dayne is out there and Kubiak / Smith haven't called him back. I suppose that they think that Slaton + Moats / Sapp / Green (when healthy) is greater than Slaton + Dayne / et. al.

I appreciate what Dayne did, but I've got to be hopeful that Kubiak and Smith know what they're doing by putting different players on the field.
Old 10-31-2008   #43
texan9885
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 texan9885 was voted MVPtexan9885 was voted MVPtexan9885 was voted MVPtexan9885 was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
green
walker
echemandu
gado
taylor
lundy

dayne

hardly a hall of fame worthy group over the past 2 years, but only one name has been both good enough to get on the field and the only one to stay on the field. obviously the coaches dont feel that dayne's worth keeping around so this discussion means squat, but i dont think it's fair to downplay what dayne did as a texan. averaging 4ypc behind a line that wasnt as talented and in a system that wasnt working doesnt strike me as a player that needs ridicule. what dayne did for us and what he could do for us if we brought him back is handle carries, he can be trusted to average 4 yards and maintain 10-15 touches per game to spell slaton without hurting himself. it wont happen, but i'm in agreement that it probably should.
I am with you on the Dayne Train!!!
texan9885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008   #44
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 84986 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewmar74 View Post
Well, Dayne is out there and Kubiak / Smith haven't called him back. I suppose that they think that Slaton + Moats / Sapp / Green (when healthy) is greater than Slaton + Dayne / et. al.

I appreciate what Dayne did, but I've got to be hopeful that Kubiak and Smith know what they're doing by putting different players on the field.
I think that given the fact that the Texans have added three RB's to the roster since the season started (Walker, Sapp, Moats), and Dayne's name hasn't surfaced (other than on this board) in months, it's probably safe to assume we've seen the last of Big Ron in these parts.
Old 10-31-2008   #45
ATRAIN
ATX TEXANS FAN

Rep Power: 936 ATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respected

Its time to look for Dominick Davis (Willams) LMAO
ATRAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008   #46
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post
I knew that Ahman playing that long was to good to be true. Well, hopefully he'll be back soon.
Which sucks because he was fine until he got horse collered.
Old 10-31-2008   #47
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Is he supposed to play on Sunday? He is listed as DTD
Old 10-31-2008   #48
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 84986 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Is he supposed to play on Sunday? He is listed as DTD
My guess is when the injury report comes out today, he'll be listed as questionable. It appears to be very iffy as to whether he plays, but unless something's been updated in the last hour or so, the comments that imply or say straight out that he's been ruled out for the Vikings are not accurate.
Old 10-31-2008   #49
TexanBorn51
Veteran

Rep Power: 1327 TexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respected

Practice report says Green practiced today and it's day by day. Kubiak says it may be gameday decision from the way I understand it.
TexanBorn51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008   #50
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81973 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

We're in good hands

Moats & Sapp will be fine as a chage of pace back if Geeen cant play.

I'm very high on Moats. He played very well for Philly before getting hurt. He runs hard & has the speed to take it to the house.

These are the best group of RB's we've ever had. It amazes me that people think Dayne was any good but I guess when compared to the likes of Mack, Morency, Taylor, Lundy, & Walker, Dayne looks pretty good.

GEEZ WE HAVE HAD SOME CRAPPY RB'S
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008   #51
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Green injured again..? If so then...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
Pretty easy to better than 2 guys who didn't play.
That's pretty much my point. Give me option B and I'll take it! For some reason when we moved to get another back we picked up.... Chris Brown?!

But with us continually signing/keeping injury prone backs (DD, Taylor, Brown, Green), NO ONE can argue that Dayne is worse then a guy on the sideline.

However, let the Football Gods smile and by a miracle, lets field Green/Moats/Slayton for the rest of the year! (and Sapp....? who?)
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008   #52
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 195074 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

[quote=Yankee_In_TX;1038437]That's pretty much my point. Give me option B and I'll take it! For some reason when we moved to get another back we picked up.... Chris Brown?!

But with us continually signing/keeping injury prone backs (DD, Taylor, Brown, Green), NO ONE can argue that Dayne is worse then a guy on the sideline.

However, let the Football Gods smile and by a miracle, lets field Green/Moats/Slayton for the rest of the year! (and Sapp....? who?)[/QUOTE]

Just hope that one of these can truly "be there" to spell/complement Slaton thoughout the season...............so not to run Slaton into the ground.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008   #53
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanBorn51 View Post
Dayne the Train...healthy or not healthy here were some stats and mind you that he came in later as starter to fill in for Green 2007

2006- 11 games- Rushng 612 yards -55 Y/G -Avg 4.1- 5 TD - 1 fumble

1 promising Left Tackle wrecked.

2007 -13 games- Rushing 773 yards- 59.5Y/G - Avg 4- 6 TD - 1 fumble

what other RB had those stats since DDavis...
There fixed it for you. I'd rather go in the wacko direction and give Cory Boyd a sniff. Medications optional.

I think every one made out with the Dayne situation. He got us by and Ronnie got paid. MHO, the unknown has more up side.

From your fingers to God's eyes up there Doc.
Old 11-01-2008   #54
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
We're in good hands

Moats & Sapp will be fine as a chage of pace back if Geeen cant play.

I'm very high on Moats. He played very well for Philly before getting hurt. He runs hard & has the speed to take it to the house.

These are the best group of RB's we've ever had. It amazes me that people think Dayne was any good but I guess when compared to the likes of Mack, Morency, Taylor, Lundy, & Walker, Dayne looks pretty good.

GEEZ WE HAVE HAD SOME CRAPPY RB'S
Eh, I won't be sold on Moats until he actually does something in the NFL. He had a whopping 278 yards with Philly in 2005. From the looks of it, besides Slaton and Green, we still have some crappy backs until they prove otherwise.

It's unlikely that any of them will be all that effective on Sunday against the Viking's d-line. Hopefully Slaton can get to the outside a few times and pull off some nice runs for us because chances are he and whoever else is active on Sunday won't be able to do much up the middle. Hope I'm wrong on that one though.
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008   #55
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 52212 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Eh, I won't be sold on Moats until he actually does something in the NFL. He had a whopping 278 yards with Philly in 2005. From the looks of it, besides Slaton and Green, we still have some crappy backs until they prove otherwise.
Slaton has been far from crappy, Moats was a legit 3rd rd. pick that had bad luck injury wise, Philly has Westbrook (back-ups never see the field unless hurt) but he possess some of those same elusive traits thats why they drafted him & Ahman is well just past his prime trying to hang on a little longer, can't blame him for that as long as someone keeps paying him, hell I'd do it too

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
It's unlikely that any of them will be all that effective on Sunday against the Viking's d-line. Hopefully Slaton can get to the outside a few times and pull off some nice runs for us because chances are he and whoever else is active on Sunday won't be able to do much up the middle. Hope I'm wrong on that one though.
its going to be a stiff challenge for sure but I think we will at least have a better understanding where we're at after this game than before

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008   #56
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 102779 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

edit

Last edited by Scooter; 11-01-2008 at 06:50 PM.
Scooter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008   #57
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Green injured again..? If so then...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Just hope that one of these can truly "be there" to spell/complement Slaton thoughout the season...............so not to run Slaton into the ground.

Yup!
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008   #58
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Green inactive for the game.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read