Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Will The Texans win in Minnesota on Sunday?
Yes. The Texans are a much better team than their record suggests. 67 83.75%
No. I think Minnesota will win, but they will not cover the spread. 4 5.00%
No. Minnesota takes care of business at home and covers. 9 11.25%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-28-2008   #41
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Early Line: Vikings by 4.5 over Houston

my goodness this is MInn we are play like 3rd in there divison

its not like we are playing Philly in Philly or like Denver at mile high

THis is just Minn LOL
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008   #42
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 24376 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Yes - but only if the Texans don't spot them a couple of scores before they start playing as they were prone to do in a few games this season. Come out after warm ups ready to knock someone out after that coin is flipped.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008   #43
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7874 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

We have to get up on Minnesota early. If they get a lead or keep it close they will run All Day all day and the Schaub to AJ connections will be few and far between.
Old 10-29-2008   #44
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Well I keep flashing back to the Atlanta game...remember ? Coming off a little two game winning streak. Atlanta's down with the "how much is that doggie in the window' ...remember NO Vick ? and what happened....? They went on the road and Grady Jackson had the best game of his Career and just shredded the inside of the Texan's o-line. Now if we wake up Sunday morning and we find out one or both of the Vikings DTs are out...we got a chance. The Williams hillbilly's, Shawn Rodgers, Hederson, and Haynesworth. We're going to find out about the Texans o-line in the next few games. They're all big and they all are playing very well right now. Rodgers was a beast vs the Jags last weekend. I hope they win. Don't bet the farm on it though.
Old 10-29-2008   #45
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 28657 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

They have the 17th best passing offense in the league. I say we make them use it. Clog up their game on the ground, own the line of scrimmage, and do not give them easy runs around midfield and in their own half, and making them go to the air instead. We've got to be aware they can bust out a big one at any time, but we've been doing well all season, and as long as we aren't handing them 30 yard plays on the floor all day, I don't think their offense will be moving a great deal. AP has been rushing 84.2 YPG over the last 4 games, if we keep him to that, I think we'll win this game. It will take a big effort, but I think with the confidence, we're going to be seeing a solid run D on Sunday, with DRob looking better every week.

As for the offense, we've gotta be as pass happy as possible. We aren't going to get much out of their D, especially if the Williamses are in, so apart from looking to get Slaton a few runs to the outside, we aren't going to see too much on the ground. They've been giving up 219.4 yards a game, I think Schaub can hit 300 again this week. Orton threw for 283 last time out against them and Brees totalled 330 yards in two of their last 3 games. Our receivers are buzzing, our QB is looking sharp, they've only had 4 picks all season. I see a big day for Schaub and Daniels, and indeed the Texans.

Just an interesting note, the Vikings last 5 games has seen Berrian leading their receiving yards, with most of his yards, and TD's coming in the 3rd and 4th quarters, we need to keep our eyes on his, he is Frerotte's go-to guy, and is a key part of their pass game.

If we don't go into this game with a big of a swagger, and desire to make this a playoff season after the last 3 games, I don't know what we have to do to get it. Heres to 4-4.

mattieuk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008   #46
Polo

I think the Texans come out focused and play a good all around game...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read