Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-23-2008   #41
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 212038 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ocho Cinco: Talking it up to the corners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
Are you telling me you're not named ObsiWan?!?!?!
nope
I would use my real name - Sam Jones - but no one would believe me. You should see the looks I get when I go to check into motels...
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008   #42
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10704 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
nope
I would use my real name - Sam Jones - but no one would believe me. You should see the looks I get when I go to check into motels...
Sam Jones, yeah right... Come on ObsiWan, no more lying!

ps: you check into motels often ?... uhm.. never mind
Old 10-23-2008   #43
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 212038 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
Sam Jones, yeah right... Come on ObsiWan, no more lying!

ps: you check into motels often ?... uhm.. never mind
siiiigh....
why am I not surprised at your response..?

and don't you worry your little head about how often I check into motels...
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008   #44
Polo

Quote:
Ocho Cinco and Johnson grew up in Miami and have trained together there in the offseason for the last 10 years. Despite Ocho Cinco’s flamboyant demeanor and Johnson’s soft-spoken nature, the two have long been good friends.

“That’s my boy right there,” Ocho Cinco said. “I love ‘Dre to death. We’ve been friends for a long time. We’re always together in the offseason.

“We’re always together, and I’m always making jokes about football. I’m always talking trash, but it’s unfortunate this year that it’s not going the way – not just for myself, but for us as a team – the way I want it to. Usually, going against guys like this and being able to play against everybody from Miami, it becomes fun. But we’re 0-7 right now, and that excitement is really not there.”

Still, Ocho Cinco is excited about the numbers Johnson has been putting up this month. In his last three games, Johnson has caught 30 passes for 450 yards and two touchdowns. He leads the league with an average of 104.8 receiving yards a game.

"That’s what you expect out of somebody like that, someone who is really a consistent Pro Bowler year in and year out," Ocho Cinco said. "Maybe he doesn’t make it year in and year out, but he’s a Pro Bowl type of receiver. He can’t be stopped. He’s big. He’s fast. So it’s like you just pick your poison. At some point, he’s going to beat you, regardless of what you try to do.””

Ocho Cinco also praised his former teammate Walter, calling him one of the hardest working receivers in the NFL. Walter played in Cincinnati for three years before signing with Houston.

“Kev’s got some of the most unbelievable teaching from one of the greatest receiving coaches, to me, that I’ve had a chance to deal with, and that was Hugh Jackson when he was here,” Ocho Cinco said. “Not only that, he was able to pick some of the things that T.J. (Houshmandzadeh) and I learned from one of our closest trainers as far as when it comes to playing receiver and running routes.

“And really, taking the skills that Kev learned here with the toughness and all of the pizzazz he already has as a receiver, it’s no surprise he would be the starter on any team he was on opposite of whoever the number one is.”
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/St...?story_id=4785
Old 10-23-2008   #45
txchick1971
SassyRedneck

Rep Power: 16 txchick1971 could be on the next Madden covertxchick1971 could be on the next Madden covertxchick1971 could be on the next Madden covertxchick1971 could be on the next Madden covertxchick1971 could be on the next Madden covertxchick1971 could be on the next Madden covertxchick1971 could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
He's prolly gonna go to one of the TV networks... wouldn't doubt it.

they can put him on the show "the game".....lol, i loved that show the first season but haven't watched it since.
txchick1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008   #46
Polo

Chad Johnson has already been on The Game...

you should start watching again...it's pretty good..
Old 10-23-2008   #47
txchick1971
SassyRedneck

Rep Power: 16 txchick1971 could be on the next Madden covertxchick1971 could be on the next Madden covertxchick1971 could be on the next Madden covertxchick1971 could be on the next Madden covertxchick1971 could be on the next Madden covertxchick1971 could be on the next Madden covertxchick1971 could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo View Post
Chad Johnson has already been on The Game...

you should start watching again...it's pretty good..

lol, well it's a time thing....one kid in jr high football and one kid in hs marching band.....don't really watch tv much.
txchick1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008   #48
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10704 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post

and don't you worry your little head about how often I check into motels...
Its alright, I wont tell
Old 10-23-2008   #49
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
I've got Randy Moss, Andre Johnson and Chad Johnson on one of my fantasy teams. I expect big things from all three this weekend.

I thought he legally changed his name to Chad Ocho Cinco. But the last couple weeks I've noticed his jersey says C. Johnson. What's the deal? I think it's really funny to have Ocho Cinco on his jersey- he's a moran.
Just saw this on MSN!

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8...PHCP&GT1=39002

I forgot about this, he'd have to pay Reebok for all the jersey's they made that said C. Johnson on them if he wanted the change on the jersey. Next season he will sport 'ocho cinco' on the back and Reebock will make those jersey's instead. The league and organization have changed his name on everything b/c he legally changed his name. NFL records, name above locker, etc. However they wouldn't change his jersey b/c of reebock sales.

I understand that, but to me it says a lot about the league that they are so tied into marketing/sales. And I don't really understand how this truly affects Reebock's sales on the jerseys. People who want the C. Johnson jersey would buy it. Those that don't want that one and want the Ocho Cinco jersey will not buy the C. Johnson jersey right now b/c they know it's going to change in a matter of months. Reebock is going to lose $$ either way.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008   #50
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 195074 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

They'll find a way to not lose money. They'll probably just sell the old jerseys to Collector Shops to sell them as memorabilia.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008   #51
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

If Reebok would force Keith Rivers to pay 10K to change his number from 58 to 55, they would definitely try to extort millions out of a superstar like Johnson. I think it's baloney because it's not like people would refuse to buy a jersey that says "Ocho Cinco".
Old 10-23-2008   #52
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 63828 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
At least he can back it up, unlike Fred-Ex.
Really? Do you see his stats this year?
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008   #53
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

u think Houston would ever make a trade for ochio chinco .....????
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008   #54
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
u think Houston would ever make a trade for ochio chinco .....????
Doubtful, they wouldn't want Dreessen to have to change his number. Just kidding. If the Texans are to make any trades after the season I'd think it'd be more towards a NEED position. I think they like AJ and KW as the #1 and #2's.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008   #55
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

He is semi-entertaining. Can be funny can be annoying, either way I will boo him loudly come sunday.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008   #56
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 122497 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey Chad - 5 catches for 44 yards really is showing up big time. That's one catch and 10 yards better than your TE. Way to go Plinko.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read