Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-21-2008   #101
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 58645 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Welcome back #23. Oh how we've missed you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
Are you really serious ?
D-Rob hadn't played a single down, a single snap in any kind of game (including exhibition or preseason games), in almost a full year. And you somehow thought he'd just step out there on the field and play like he did in the 2007 season ? And I didn't even mention a very, very severe injury (actually a multiple injury), that many said might have ended his career.
I thought it was nothing short of remarkable that he was back out on the field so soon, as realistically I think many other players wouldn't have returned (if they had returned at all) under the circumstances, until the 2009 season.
I have nothing but praise to D-Rob for being back at it so soon. And most of all, I just hope they take it slow and gradual and think of the long-term for D-Robs & the Texans sake.
I expected him to play like a 3rd string NFL CB, and I didn't think that he did. The coaches told us he was ready, but I think mentally, he still has some hurdles to go through. He piled on by throwing his body around a lot at the end of plays, but otherwise seemed hesitant to me. Coming back from an injury like that takes both physical and mental rehab. You have to learn to trust your body again, and I didn't think Drob had that trust yet. And I would prefer him to get more than a short week of practice before being put into a vital role.

Like I said, I think he'll come around. But this is the NFL. Every game is meaningful. You put your best guys out there, and I don't see how the coaches could have thought that a rusty Dunta was better than Fred Bennett.

I want him back as much as the next guy. And I know game time experience will help speed that up. But at the same time, you can't put liabilities into important roles in my opinion. He had been back at practice and back to contact for a week. I think after waiting a year, another week or so of practice and maybe some special teams duty would have been smarter. We just got lucky it was the Lions and they weren't able to expose him.

Anyway, enough with the negativity. I think we can all agree that it was a breath of fresh air to see a Texan player actually make it through Rehab, and I think we can also all agree that it will be an exciting day when we see DRob lay the wood again. He was the hardest hitting member of our D, and I look forward to him regaining that title

Last edited by gtexan02; 10-21-2008 at 08:21 PM.
gtexan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008   #102
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Defensively, the main change will be at cornerback where the Texans want to see Dunta Robinson to see about 30-35 plays on the field in the base and/or nickel. The Texans plan to utilize him more than last week and see how he does. They will also continue to split the amount of plays between DeMarcus Faggins and Fred Bennett right down the middle. Both players are still trying to prove they deserve to be on the field more than the other, but, right now, their play is still very even.
http://blogs.chron.com/gamedaytexans/

Could we possibly see him starting by Minnesota or Baltimore?
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008   #103
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 225538 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post
http://blogs.chron.com/gamedaytexans/

Could we possibly see him starting by Minnesota or Baltimore?
I believe so.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read