Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-22-2008   #21
Htownsportsfan
All Pro

Rep Power: 128 Htownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Yahoo preview:Cincinnati (0-7) at Houston (2-4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
If the Texans can not get their act togeather enough to beat the Bungles, they will have officially become a hopeless team for 2008. I can see how the Texans might lose to the Vikings, as the Vikings offense will have a field day against our defense, but to the Bungles? No way. I honestly believe the Texans will be 3-4 after this Sunday.
To be honest my concerns are reversed. We have done a good job stopping the run this season and with Fer-ROT at QB the Vikings will lean big time on AP to get the job done. The Bungels even with Fitz at QB still have a dangerous receiving core and our secondary cant handle that of talent. The good news is the Bungels D is a freakin joke so if our offense continues to produce like it has and our D can get SOME stops we should win this game.

Support our troops
Htownsportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008   #22
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
How about forgetting to put coffee in the filter before adding water and turning it on? Nothing like a filtrered cup of hot water.

I've done this many times. I'm only 38, so I've been blaming my bad memory on all the cold beer consumed.
How bout putting the coffee in the filter but forgetting to put the filter in the little holder with the hold in it. To top it off, I thought the coffee maker was broken so I threw it away. Later found the filter holder in the dishwasher.

BTW: The Bengals OWN us!! We have an uncanny way of looking like a LOSING pop warner team when we play the black kitties! Disgusting IMHO! Hope that trend ends on Sunday.

a bull's not suppose to be afraid of a kitty cat, IS IT??!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008   #23
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34619 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak is 0-0 vs. the Bengals. I say that because the Texans started
0-0 in my book when Kubiak got here. He cleaned all the losers out of
the locker room, and we are witnessing the growth of his "kids."

Since Kubes got here, the Texans have been competitive against
the #1 team that owned the Texans, The Indianapolis Colts. They only
time they blew the Texans off the field is when Sage Rosencopter got
the start on the road. The famous "Peyton-laughs-after-throwing-a-
touchdown" game.

If it weren't for the one-man meltdown, the Colts would have gotten
destroyed by Kubiaks "kids." I see another quick-strike lead, as the "kids"
learn how to close out games. Imagine that.

Before Kubiak, there were no games to "close out." We've graduated
to the next level, and I'm enjoying every day of class.
DexmanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008   #24
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 99691 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
How about getting up to go to another room, but forget what you're going in that room for and end up just standing there with the dick look.

I did that last night. I was working on the Son's car, got up from my rolling chair, walked into the house and just stood there in the kitchen trying to figure out why the hell I was there.

Weird huh?
That's me every morning, Monday through Friday between 7:00 and 7:30
Old 10-22-2008   #25
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Htownsportsfan View Post
To be honest my concerns are reversed. We have done a good job stopping the run this season and with Fer-ROT at QB the Vikings will lean big time on AP to get the job done. The Bungels even with Fitz at QB still have a dangerous receiving core and our secondary cant handle that of talent. The good news is the Bungels D is a freakin joke so if our offense continues to produce like it has and our D can get SOME stops we should win this game.
We're giving up 4.4YPC. Since when is that doing a good job at stopping the run?
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008   #26
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 18132 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
How bout putting the coffee in the filter but forgetting to put the filter in the little holder with the hold in it. To top it off, I thought the coffee maker was broken so I threw it away. Later found the filter holder in the dishwasher.

BTW: The Bengals OWN us!! We have an uncanny way of looking like a LOSING pop warner team when we play the black kitties! Disgusting IMHO! Hope that trend ends on Sunday.

When you don't know how to make coffee, this place comes in handy:

Nothing like some Starbucks and donuts walking into first block at school.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008   #27
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 49705 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
How about getting up to go to another room, but forget what you're going in that room for and end up just standing there with the dick look.

I did that last night. I was working on the Son's car, got up from my rolling chair, walked into the house and just stood there in the kitchen trying to figure out why the hell I was there.

Weird huh?
I do that at least twice a day... then my dog'll give me that "Are you gonna feed me?" look...
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008   #28
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2678 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
We're giving up 4.4YPC. Since when is that doing a good job at stopping the run?
i don't have the numbers but i'd be willing to bet that if you look at the last 3 games that we've played that we're doing MUCH better against the run. i kno we gave up a big run play against the lions and i think one against the fins but those were individual mistakes. bad tackles etc. overall we are doing better at stopping the run.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008   #29
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2678 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
Kubiak is 0-0 vs. the Bengals. I say that because the Texans started
0-0 in my book when Kubiak got here. He cleaned all the losers out of
the locker room, and we are witnessing the growth of his "kids."

Since Kubes got here, the Texans have been competitive against
the #1 team that owned the Texans, The Indianapolis Colts. They only
time they blew the Texans off the field is when Sage Rosencopter got
the start on the road. The famous "Peyton-laughs-after-throwing-a-
touchdown" game.

If it weren't for the one-man meltdown, the Colts would have gotten
destroyed by Kubiaks "kids." I see another quick-strike lead, as the "kids"
learn how to close out games. Imagine that.

Before Kubiak, there were no games to "close out." We've graduated
to the next level, and I'm enjoying every day of class.
great point. agreed. thanks for participating in the "new era" thread. this is exactly my point on how much better of a football team we are than when Kubiak got here.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008   #30
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 165989 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post

Quote:
How about forgetting to put coffee in the filter before adding water and turning it on? Nothing like a filtrered cup of hot water.

I've done this many times. I'm only 38, so I've been blaming my bad memory on all the cold beer consumed.

Why do you all insist on diminishing MY LIMELIGHT, MY BRAIN FART?????????????Why?????????????

Last edited by CloakNNNdagger; 10-23-2008 at 10:21 AM.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008   #31
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 165989 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Seeing that Fitzpatrick is the Bungle's 2nd leading rusher (14 attempts for 79 yards [5.6 ypc] and a touchdown/leading rusher against the Browns and Jets), Smith better make sure that he doesn't pull another Gerrard act against us.

EDIT add on: On the other end, Fitzpatrick has thown for 4.6 yds per attempt (less than his rushing stat), been intercepted 3 times and sacked 15 times in the 4 games that he has played. We better see some + turnovers this game.........you hear that Smith???????

Last edited by CloakNNNdagger; 10-23-2008 at 11:10 AM.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008   #32
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5496 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
i don't have the numbers but i'd be willing to bet that if you look at the last 3 games that we've played that we're doing MUCH better against the run. i kno we gave up a big run play against the lions and i think one against the fins but those were individual mistakes. bad tackles etc. overall we are doing better at stopping the run.
The 1st two games put us in a huge hole. Since Jville, we have stopped the run rather well.
Old 10-23-2008   #33
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Why do you all insist on diminishing MY LIMELIGHT, MY BRAIN FART?????????????Why?????????????
We though you had forgotten already
Old 10-23-2008   #34
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 166359 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
its jealousy
pure and simple
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008   #35
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
3.85YPC. 4 rushing TD.

Better, but still not good.
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008   #36
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
been intercepted 3 times and sacked 15 We better see some + turnovers this game.........you hear that Smith???????
Our defense doesn't like to do a whole lot of this. Makes the game too boring.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008   #37
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

I dunno if the Texans are still even in anybodys possible scenario to make the playoffs this year, but if they are they surely won't be after this weekend if they lose to the "Palmerless" Bengals here at Reliant.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read