Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-20-2008   #1
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 4561 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans Fans:Observations from outside and inside Reliant

Yesterday, I drove up from San Antonio for one of my rare visits to Reliant Stadium. It was a great day from start to finish. I came up with Texizgreat that morning and we were welcomed with open arms. We stopped in Katy at the first Academy we saw and were amazed to see Texans gear as we walked in the door. ( you do not know how good that made those of us from the Texans wasteland feel) People asked if we were going to the game and smiled when we said we were from SA, wished us well and told us to have fun.

We pulled up to the Yellow lot and were greeted with cheers from fans who saw Texizgreat's D-rob jersey. I had my "San Antonio love the Texans" sign and was greeted with cheers and high fives. Got lost trying to find MOJO and then made a beeline for the blue crew.(But got lost because I left map in car, and no one from the Reliant staff knew where y’all were) Once we found them we were greeted handed drinks and talked Texans. (and bashed Taylor) We then left and walked around the blue lot (where I discovered Texans' ladies love them some STS) We then went into a packed Texans Store where I usually go broke on a shopping spree. (It was too packed, and I wanted to be at my seat on time.

I arrived at my seat at 2:40 got my snack and was at my seat on TIME. I sat in my seat and had a couple of seats next to me and moved over because I was getting dirty looks from lady in front of me for clapping and waving towel. I tried my best to get them rowdy, but the occupants of the empty seats came in the SECOND QUARTER and I was forced to remain seated, for fear of whacking person next and in front of me. I had a whole bunch of lions fans around, so maybe they were team parents cause they kept giving me dirty looks when I shouted (DEEEEEtroit sucks at football) After about 30 dirty looks from the people in front and next of me I sat down and fell into the watch the game as I would at home. Fortunately, I was snapped out of my melancholy fandom by a lady from Kerrville and said f-this got back on my feet and cheered my ……”cowboy sitting” device off.( To that lady who invited us to tailgate ;(we couldn’t find you I am sorry )

The good: Texans fans were there and I have pictures to prove it. Reliant was pretty much full and the environment was a great place to watch a game. The Bull pen lived up to the hype I heard them across the field. (Next time I will sit with them) They are good fans loud at all times.

The bad: Ok y’all need to work on getting to your seats on time. I did. Traffic or no there is no excuse to get there in the second quarter. Also with 2 minutes left and Texans up by 7 you may want to stick around. The stadium was emptying with about 4 minutes left. That is like going to see Star Wars getting to the part where Vader says “Luke, I am…” and then getting up and waling out before he says ‘father’. Why even go the game? The game was in doubt and your team needed you. I was in the end of stadium that Turk punted to and it took awhile to get the fans up and get loud. (first time CJ got long bomb) IMO we could have been louder and disrupted his “Hey, there is Petey on CJ audible. The third time was the end of the game we could have gotten loud but…YALL WERE GONE. C’mon Texans fans I expect more.

All in all I had a great time. The tailgating was beyond my expectations, beautiful women great guys’ and an environment that was very much needed by this battered Texans fan. Shout outs to TedC,and TexanChick<----rockin hot btw RocHoover ,JoeTexan, Glasshalfull,YankeeinTx,Grandma. Everybody I met if I forgot your name, forgive me I kept getting my names mixed up. Especially blitz guy who talked with us for 15 minutes about how Taylor is a short…blankity blank (you were great)

Thanks-Mike err…. Spurstexanstros

go Texans
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008   #2
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 4615 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Fans:Observations from outside and inside Reliant

Thanks for coming to the tailgate. It was great meeting you and you are welcome anytime.
Old 10-20-2008   #3
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Fantastic to hear you had a good time. 3 hours for 12 hours of fun come back soon.
Old 10-20-2008   #4
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 561 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurstexanstros View Post
Also with 2 minutes left and Texans up by 7 you may want to stick around. The stadium was emptying with about 4 minutes left. That is like going to see Star Wars getting to the part where Vader says “Luke, I am…” and then getting up and waling out before he says ‘father’. Why even go the game? The game was in doubt and your team needed you.
qft
Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008   #5
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurstexanstros View Post

The bad: Ok y’all need to work on getting to your seats on time. I did. Traffic or no there is no excuse to get there in the second quarter. Also with 2 minutes left and Texans up by 7 you may want to stick around. The stadium was emptying with about 4 minutes left.
This is something I have noticed too. I am not sure why this occurs. I mean, ticket prices are not exactly dirt cheap. These are not the old $1 Astros games.

I remember when I was younger I went with a friend of mine to a couple of football games. I distinctly remember that we went to a Rice Football game and left in the middle of the third quarter. Rice was up big and they decided to leave. I did not have a choice and was forced to go with them. Another time this same friend invited me to a Oilers game. I distinctly remember leaving in the middle of the third quarter. I remember coming home and my parents were like, "oh, game over so fast" and I said, "nope" and I turned on the TV and watched half the 4th quarter at home! In both cases my friend's parents had season tickets. I wonder if some people with season tickets just dont get that same excitement as those who don't. Clealry there are a ton of people here with season tix and they are there WELL before the game and stay hours after.

Since I am in Denver, I can't to the games. But when I do, I make sure my butt is in my seating area(I am usually standing for awhile) and I don't consider leaving until the the game hits 00:00 in the 4th. Maybe the Texans oughta distribute tix to fans on this site!

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008   #6
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 406301 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I've never understand the mentality of paying for 60 minutes of football but only getting 30 minutes worth. But, that's just me, and I'm just a regular ol' football fanatic.

We are in our seats when 15:00 is on the clock in the first quarter, and we're in our seats when 0:00 is on the clock at the end of the 4th quarter. Been this way since 2002 - even through 2-14 - and we'll be that way until they pry our cold, dead hands from our Texans towels (they won't get mine out, though. I plan on being buried with it!)

Old 10-20-2008   #7
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Let me tell u how it is

First Houston fans have always been very mello/ Alot of hispanics inculding my self dont show alot of emotion there is also alot and ALOOOTTT !!! of Familys that have season tickets that bring there kids and there usually has rowdy or has loud has the classic drunken male fan

Second this was a detroit game and for that fact only people decided to either stay in the parking lot or not come at all other then the avid NFL fans the casuals dont wanna see Detriot lions

and the basic towel waving is simple u can wave it above your head and not hit anyone LOL u just got to raise your hand high

The crowd lately IMO has been very quite in terms of NFL standerd heck we are not Raider or PIttsburg loud not by a long shot and also the roof is open so thats deff brings down the noise

ANd another thing fellow houston fans if we are going to make noise lets make noise while the oppesing team """""is in the huddle""""""" thats the most iportant time for the QB to get the play across to the team making noise when there already in formation does no good IMO

Last edited by Norg; 10-20-2008 at 08:18 PM.
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-20-2008   #8
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

I was at the game yesterday... and in the little bit that I walked around, there were three near-fights.

1 - in line for some beer, there were two guys seemingly minding their own business, and behind him, a d-bag wearing a skin-tight shirt with two chicks with him. He was trying to impress his girlfriends by picking a fight with two guys.

2 and 3 - classless Texans fans taunting Lions fans in Lion jerseys after the game. Ridiculous. I'm all for fan rivalries and talking junk - but trying to pick a fight with guys who are outnumbered tens of thousands to one? That's stupid - unless they start it... in which case they get what they deserve

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008   #9
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20123 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

I saw you walking around the Blue Lot. Had I known you were from TT I would have said something
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008   #10
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10689 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
Let me tell u how it is

First Houston fans have always been very mello/ Alot of hispanics inculding my self dont show alot of emotion there is also alot and ALOOOTTT !!! of Familys that have season tickets that bring there kids and there usually has rowdy or has loud has the classic drunken male fan

Second this was a detroit game and for that fact only people decided to either stay in the parking lot or not come at all other then the avid NFL fans the casuals dont wanna see Detriot lions

and the basic towel waving is simple u can wave it above your head and not hit anyone LOL u just got to raise your hand high

The crowd lately IMO has been very quite in terms of NFL standerd heck we are not Raider or PIttsburg loud not by a long shot and also the roof is open so thats deff brings down the noise

ANd another thing fellow houston fans if we are going to make noise lets make noise while the oppesing team """""is in the huddle""""""" thats the most iportant time for the QB to get the play across to the team making noise when there already in formation does no good IMO

Glad you had fun, knew The Texans fans would make you proud.

As far as the post above I agree that yesterday was not very loud but even I had a hard time getting fired up until had to make noise in the 2nd half, we were kicking the lions but and it was too easy. That being said, my voice still nearly went out from screaming. Also the last 2 games have been some of the loudest I have heard it in a long time with the roof open, we were bringing it!
I was also very irratated about the fans leaving early, I will never understand.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008   #11
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

the best time to go tho is when we play Tennense THoes games are always Heated LOL !!!!!
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008   #12
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4662 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

I left early during the Miami game with about a minute left. I needed to get out a few minutes before everyone else so i could get home shower and change and go to work. It was unfortunate and I got to hear Reliant scream as I walked sullenly to my car. I guess I am able to pay for my season tickets by working such weird hours. ::: sigh ::: I need to find a way to get on straight days. Shift work sucks
Old 10-21-2008   #13
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 406301 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
I disagree. The crowd needs to be loud and rowdy when the opposing offense is at the line of scrimmage. The QB has a hard time getting his audibles out, the center might not hear the hard count, the line might flinch because they can't hear the QB, and the WRs might not hear the audible being made. All of this takes time off the clock, so we can force unintended timeouts to be taken, false starts, and blown audibles. Plus, it gets our defense fired up by the energy from the crowd right before the ball is snapped, which is when you need them at their peak.

Old 10-21-2008   #14
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24551 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew6 View Post
I left early during the Miami game with about a minute left. I needed to get out a few minutes before everyone else so i could get home shower and change and go to work. It was unfortunate and I got to hear Reliant scream as I walked sullenly to my car. I guess I am able to pay for my season tickets by working such weird hours. ::: sigh ::: I need to find a way to get on straight days. Shift work sucks
skip the shower, watch the game end.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008   #15
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Texans Fans:Observations from outside and inside Reliant

Quote:
Originally Posted by norg View Post
and another thing fellow houston fans if we are going to make noise lets make noise while the oppesing team """""is in the huddle""""""" thats the most iportant time for the qb to get the play across to the team
qft
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008   #16
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 4561 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
qft
qft? can can some one explain??? I must be missing something.
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008   #17
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

qft=quoted for truth

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008   #18
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
qft=quoted for truth
Ahhh, using the PC version I see. LOL

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read