Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 10-20-2008   #141
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow
Default Re: Titans to consider donning Oilers' throwback jersey in '09.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
And what does the rest of the country think of people from NoCal?

Not that there is anything wrong with that.
Tree hugging, pot smoking, hippi, homos who can not go more then an hour without a Starbucks 1/2 caf decafe non fat lattes with a sprinckle of cinimon. The point of that comment was not to say I believe in the stereo type just to point out how stupid they tend to be.

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008   #142
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 127251 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
Tree hugging, pot smoking, hippi, homos who can not go more then an hour without a Starbucks 1/2 caf decafe non fat lattes with a sprinckle of cinimon. The point of that comment was not to say I believe in the stereo type just to point out how stupid they tend to be.
I know. I just wanted to help.

San Francisco is actually one of my favorite cities.

Last edited by DBCooper; 10-21-2008 at 10:07 AM.
DBCooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008   #143
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 87068 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Why aren't any of you Cowboys fans? When the Oilers left it was not certain you would get another team and that is a team with a rich history and allot of wins to cling onto.
What if the Dodgers and Giants were the only baseball teams in Cali and the Giants left for Nashville, how many Giants fans do you think would become Dodgers fans?

It's a good comparison because the Dodgers have a much richer history than the Giants.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008   #144
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
What if the Dodgers and Giants were the only baseball teams in Cali and the Giants left for Nashville, how many Giants fans do you think would become Dodgers fans?

It's a good comparison because the Dodgers have a much richer history than the Giants.
excuse you?

The Dodgers are a bunch of do nothing want to be Giants franchise. To even imply that a team that housed Mays and McCovey, Bonds Cepeda is not on a different pedestal then the Dodgers is absolutely ridiculous

The battle of the bay and the quake series, Gibson ... every great moment in Dodger history has something to do with the Giants. Without the Giants the Dodgers are nothing.

Old 10-20-2008   #145
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 87068 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
excuse you?

The Dodgers are a bunch of do nothing want to be Giants franchise. To even imply that a team that housed Mays and McCovey, Bonds Cepeda is not on a different pedestal then the Dodgers is absolutely ridiculous

The battle of the bay and the quake series, Gibson ... every great moment in Dodger history has something to do with the Giants. Without the Giants the Dodgers are nothing.
Why would the Dodgers want to be the SF Giants franchise? You think they would prefer to have won absolutely nothing since moving to California just like the Giants? I don't think the LA Dodgers would want to trade in their 5 World Series titles for an empty trophy case.

Sure, I will give you that the Giants are on a different pedestal than the Dodgers, albeit a much lower one if you want to start comparing past greats. Bonds? You're seriously throwing that trash out there as something to be proud of?

The quake series? The Giants got swept in that series. Is getting swept in a series 19 years ago all the Giants fans have to hang their hats on these days? BTW, when you mention Gibson and great Dodger moments in one sentence I think of the A's not the Giants though I am sure a lot of great Dodgers moments have occurred against the Gnats so you might be right there.

Quote:
Without the Giants the Dodgers are nothing.
Well they surely would have a lot less wins in their history.
Old 10-20-2008   #146
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Having a rich history does not always mean getting the title ....

Old 10-20-2008   #147
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Quote:
Having a rich history does not always mean getting the title ....
It sure doesn't hurt. Outside of Giants fans I don't think anyone would have the Giants down as a more storied franchise over the Dodgers.

Regardless, I think I have just proven my point in regards to the Cowboys and Houston. I assume you are a Giants fan and it doesn't sound like you would be jumping on the Dodgers bandwagon if the Giants left California and there were no other teams in that state. Why, because you probably grew up hating the Dodgers. The same is true of most x-Oilers fans and the Cowboys.

BTW, I am a Dodgers fan just in case you couldn't tell
Old 10-20-2008   #148
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:

BTW, I am a Dodgers fan just in case you couldn't tell
But why?

How can you follow a Houston team and a LA team at the same time ... that does not make sense. Regardless of you obvious inofficiancies at choosing teams in a way you prove my point.

The place a team playes does not make a fan. The ability to suck up the losses and pray for the win and always have a little of you that thinks you will go undefeated is what makes it 'your' teams.

Do you chose your signifacant other based on the place they were raised? No .. so why should something you love as much as your football team be based on the place it exists?

Old 10-21-2008   #149
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 4279 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Do you chose your signifacant other based on the place they were raised? No .. so why should something you love as much as your football team be based on the place it exists?
No simple metaphor can describe the Oilers situation. The heart of Houston was removed when Bud relocated the team. No one expects you to understand this because words cannot do justice to that travesty. You just have to live it... and believe me when I say that you don't want to have lived through it.
Old 10-21-2008   #150
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post
No simple metaphor can describe the Oilers situation. The heart of Houston was removed when Bud relocated the team. No one expects you to understand this because words cannot do justice to that travesty. You just have to live it... and believe me when I say that you don't want to have lived through it.
Something you experienced at conception I guess?

By your profile you are 20 ... I have 11 years of history on you ... I guess by this boards defenitions I trump you on being a fan. I would love to hear your arguments thought. I might be able to use them.

Old 10-21-2008   #151
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 4279 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

By your profile you are 20 ... I have 11 years of history on you ... I guess by this boards defenitions I trump you on being a fan. I would love to hear your arguments thought. I might be able to use them.
I guess that means I'll still be a Texans fan when you are dead and gone.

As a matter of fact I was 10 when the Oilers were yanked from Houston, and that's old enough to understand the effect it had on the people of this city. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that this town loves football (or in your case, perhaps it does?)
Old 10-24-2008   #152
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 54908 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Well I got 2 on you. (I turn 33 next month) And I have actual memories of Earl running the ball and my dad screaming at the TV.

As far as the Tampons, oh, er, I mean Titans go, I could care less now. I have ranted and screamed and thrashed about like a two year old not getting his way. I am over them now.

I have many times compared the Titans to an ex wife and how the fans in Houston who follow them are sad lonely pathetic creatures who can't grasp the fact that she left you.

Well now it seems the tables are turned. Instead of us pinning for her it seems that she has gone out of her way to keep our attention. Everything from VY, retiring Oiler greats, and now playing in Columbia Blue. Its almost like she realizes she made a mistake leaving us for that other guy. She is not even that other guys #1 girl. She always plays second to the SEC. Even the home that was built specially for her is second rate.

Well I am here to say, I am over them and Go TEXANS!

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008   #153
Buccaneer Bruce
Rookie

I lived in Houston while the Texans were announced, I was disappointed to see the Oilers name/logo/history was not left in Houston, but I really love the Oilers uniforms and I hate the Titans uniforms.
Buccaneer Bruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008   #154
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer Bruce View Post
I lived in Houston while the Texans were announced, I was disappointed to see the Oilers name/logo/history was not left in Houston, but I really love the Oilers uniforms and I hate the Titans uniforms.
Nice screen name. I grew up loving the Bucco Bruce uniform. It was my favorite in the NFL. I had an orange Doug Williams jersey when I was a kid. I rooted for the Bucs along with the Oilers as a kid. I hated when they switched however the new uniform is good and is "tougher".

I started following the Giants more when I was in the north and started losing my rooting interest in the Bucs (I have no connection to Florida). However I still root for them over everyone but the Giants and Texans. I even own a Bucs shirt and hat somewhere.

Old 12-14-2008   #155
cheb_aladdin
Houston lover

Bul****

I can't imagine Oilers' uniform to be worn outside HOUSTON!

it belongs to Houston ONLY
cheb_aladdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008   #156
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheb_aladdin View Post
Bul****

I can't imagine Oilers' uniform to be worn outside HOUSTON!

it belongs to Houston ONLY
How about they wear them when they play us at home next year?
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008   #157
cheb_aladdin
Houston lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX View Post
How about they wear them when they play us at home next year?
lol ... ATX,

you gotta read b/w the lines! ... i meant the uniform belongs to a "HOUSTON" team.

but anyways... i hope the titans will forget about this and leave the Oilers jersey ******* alone!
cheb_aladdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008   #158
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
I would hope that Bud has one ounce of respect left in his old decrepit body not to do this. This would be very disrespectful to so many old Oiler fans.
People should respect the fact that it's his franchise and his property.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008   #159
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
You can call yourself an Oilers fan all you want, but no real Oilers fan would be coming in here and attempting to cheapen what we did back in the 90's or 80's by saying something like "They've moved to a higher place". We don't need to hear you brag on your team's record in here while trying to bring up the fact that "No Oilers teams ever could do that", or "no Oilers teams could ever go to a SB".

BiPolar Titan fan comes in here and discusses football politely and respectfully. He made his case and gave his opinions in here with respect that this is a Texans board and all. You came in here to take a few cheap shots and crack a few. And you're trying to accuse me of stereotyping you after you say that the Oilers left town to go to a HIGHER place, and then return with your own stereotypes about us being cowboys who can't dial a phone? Maybe I do need to put a cowboy hat on and my boots as well, because your BS is getting to deep for me.

And for the record, I bet that Oilers team of 93 with Gary Brown, Warren Moon, and many others would put a nice beating on this current Titans team.
I doubt that very seriously. That whole Warren Moon era was a disappointment.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008   #160
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Nice screen name. I grew up loving the Bucco Bruce uniform. It was my favorite in the NFL. I had an orange Doug Williams jersey when I was a kid. I rooted for the Bucs along with the Oilers as a kid. I hated when they switched however the new uniform is good and is "tougher".

I started following the Giants more when I was in the north and started losing my rooting interest in the Bucs (I have no connection to Florida). However I still root for them over everyone but the Giants and Texans. I even own a Bucs shirt and hat somewhere.

there are talks of the Bucs having a throwback game next year. everyone in Tampa wants it, they love the old unis. but Derrick Brooks is against it since he had to play in those days
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read