Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 10-17-2008   #81
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Titans to consider donning Oilers' throwback jersey in '09.

If Tennessee wants to really go retro well
http://api.ning.com/files/niYMWGjOl4...n_attack_3.jpg

or

Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008   #82
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87675 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
If Tennessee wants to really go retro well
http://api.ning.com/files/niYMWGjOl4...n_attack_3.jpg

or

Ah man, I needed that!
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008   #83
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

finally found the racoon hat I had been searching for

possum could be the away jersey and raccoon for home or vise versa
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008   #84
ChrisG
Road Fan

Rep Power: 6268 ChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
i love the kids sig who replied "conVINCEd yet?" -- nope!
Old 10-17-2008   #85
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 79824 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

This one is so much better. I think I also have a new avatar for the Titans board.

Nah, I changed my mind on the avatar thing. The cross thing crosses the line a bit.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008   #86
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Nah, I changed my mind on the avatar thing. The cross thing crosses the line a bit.
Good decision. That is offensive on so many levels.

Last edited by WWJD; 10-17-2008 at 06:46 PM. Reason: spelling
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008   #87
Bipolar The Titan
cow pattie chunkin' champ

Rep Power: 515 Bipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respected

I understand your point of view on an emotional level and I appreciate the way you thoughtfully put all that but there are parts of it I really am not in agreement with. First, Bud Adams I believe is a Texas resident. Let's get that out of the way right out of the gate. I believe I do understand feelings of loss, betrayal, and resentment. I'm glad you've healed. I would be fond of memorabilia too. I've collected some of my own. I have ten years of two-tone blue are coursing through my blood and it feels great.

I've spent one-third of my life consumed with this football team. I'd be a crazy postal freak if the Titans just up and left for Los Angeles. I can't fully empathize so I guess you are right about that but that team didn't die. They moved on and renamed, yes, they even renamed the color, but they still wear it and sometimes professional sports teams just move. There are winners and losers in that equation but at the end of the day it's all about money, money, money.

I agree that it would be in poor taste to wear the oil derricks back to Houston for a Prodigal Son's homecoming. Hell, Fisher is still the coach! You've got to admit though, it makes for great television. I bet there would be a hellu'va ratings boost. I can envision it on Sunday Night Football, coast to coast. It would be quite a spectacle. But in poor taste. Never would Bud Adams agree to doing something in poor taste to turn a buck. Not Bud.
...and a part of him would probably do that to attempt to get under the skin of some Houston fans but that generates interest in what he's selling so it's inherently selfish on more than one level.
then again, I bet a lot of people would do the exact same thing. Our fan base is stoked about the whole thing. The Titan fans I've heard from can't wait to see them rock the derrick. I guess I have some kind of romanticized idea about the whole rivalry looking 20 years down the road.

You know though, that history is all with that team. A franchise was not born. The Titans franchise didn't take an nfl holy water bath in the arms of Art Modell either. I get that the town was so furious with B.A. they didn't even care about the name, colors, or franchise records... none of that? right? I'm kinda talking out of my ass here at this point making an assumption that the City of Houston declined to file an injunction or what have you in court over the whole damn thing because they were p.o'ed to the point of not really giving a damn?

From an entrainment standpoint, Titans in oil derricks versus the Texans in Houston is a good show. I bet the ticket market for that particular game would belong to the seller. People would pack that place out just for the gall of wearing those unis. I like an ugly game. I mean, think of it this way. What if the Texans pound the Titans like Bubba pounds Chowder at Butt Rape Penitentiary? On national television? In the oil derrick unis. How freakin' sweet would that be for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
I'm not one of these guys in here that typically cares about the old Bud Adams garbage. He's gone and in another city. We have a new team now and I've moved on.

There is one thing that you'll never understand though. You weren't an Oiler fan, and you didn't root for them for years and years, nor do you cherish those same memories and still have some of the old memorabilia that you're proud to have.

When the Oilers went to Tennessee, they died. They became the TItans, a new team. Therefore, there shouldn't be any retro jerseys for the TItans, because they aren't the Oilers. The Oilers were HOUSTON OILERS. Your team is the Titans, and you guys wearing old Oiler jerseys to me would be no different than the Tampa Bay Bucs putting on Oiler jerseys and coming into Reliant stadium. It would be disrespectful and wrong, because many fans out here still cherish those sports memories and don't associate the Titans with the Oilers. If Bud would have decided to keep the Oiler name and uniform and just take it to another city, then that would be different. He started a new era and has done very well with the Titans. There is no need for him to try and come back here poking with us Houston fans and trying to rehash the past and irritate fans by doing that. Everyone knows Bud Adams and his style and if you're going to act like Bud wouldn't be doing that intentionally to get under the skin of Houston fans, then your just denying what you is the truth. Again, I don't think the Titans should even be allowed to wear those Oiler jerseys, but since they can and if they will then they need to do it somewhere else against another team. Come to Reliant stadium wearing the Oiler jerseys and throwing more mud at the Houston fans will make it a very ugly game, and many fans including myself are not going to take that lightly at all.
Old 10-17-2008   #88
Bipolar The Titan
cow pattie chunkin' champ

Rep Power: 515 Bipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
If they want to use the Oilers, then they ought to use the 97 oilers then
http://www.texnews.com/texsports97/oilers061397.html
hey, thanks for posting this. i found it informative.
Old 10-18-2008   #89
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87675 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipolar The Titan View Post
I understand your point of view on an emotional level and I appreciate the way you thoughtfully put all that but there are parts of it I really am not in agreement with. First, Bud Adams I believe is a Texas resident. Let's get that out of the way right out of the gate. I believe I do understand feelings of loss, betrayal, and resentment. I'm glad you've healed. I would be fond of memorabilia too. I've collected some of my own. I have ten years of two-tone blue are coursing through my blood and it feels great.

I've spent one-third of my life consumed with this football team. I'd be a crazy postal freak if the Titans just up and left for Los Angeles. I can't fully empathize so I guess you are right about that but that team didn't die. They moved on and renamed, yes, they even renamed the color, but they still wear it and sometimes professional sports teams just move. There are winners and losers in that equation but at the end of the day it's all about money, money, money.

I agree that it would be in poor taste to wear the oil derricks back to Houston for a Prodigal Son's homecoming. Hell, Fisher is still the coach! You've got to admit though, it makes for great television. I bet there would be a hellu'va ratings boost. I can envision it on Sunday Night Football, coast to coast. It would be quite a spectacle. But in poor taste. Never would Bud Adams agree to doing something in poor taste to turn a buck. Not Bud.
...and a part of him would probably do that to attempt to get under the skin of some Houston fans but that generates interest in what he's selling so it's inherently selfish on more than one level.
then again, I bet a lot of people would do the exact same thing. Our fan base is stoked about the whole thing. The Titan fans I've heard from can't wait to see them rock the derrick. I guess I have some kind of romanticized idea about the whole rivalry looking 20 years down the road.

You know though, that history is all with that team. A franchise was not born. The Titans franchise didn't take an nfl holy water bath in the arms of Art Modell either. I get that the town was so furious with B.A. they didn't even care about the name, colors, or franchise records... none of that? right? I'm kinda talking out of my ass here at this point making an assumption that the City of Houston declined to file an injunction or what have you in court over the whole damn thing because they were p.o'ed to the point of not really giving a damn?

From an entrainment standpoint, Titans in oil derricks versus the Texans in Houston is a good show. I bet the ticket market for that particular game would belong to the seller. People would pack that place out just for the gall of wearing those unis. I like an ugly game. I mean, think of it this way. What if the Texans pound the Titans like Bubba pounds Chowder at Butt Rape Penitentiary? On national television? In the oil derrick unis. How freakin' sweet would that be for you?
You've made some valid points as far as ratings and excitement, but I really don't think the rest of the NFL will care as much. Maybe if both teams were top teams, but most NFL fans outside of Houston that I know don't go out of their way to watch the Texans on any week unless they are Texans fans.

It might make for some interesting anticipation, but it isn't worth the drama for people that still hold those Oilers memories sacred. You guys are not the Oilers. Even if you put the jerseys on, the Titans will never be the Oilers. You guys are the Titans and you guys should develop some pride in being what the Titans are to Tennessee, not what they used to be or be called to Houston. I can't control what the city did or did not do back then. I just know that my fondest memories of ever being a football fan were sitting in the end zone every week in the Dome wearing my Columbia blue Oilers shirts and sporting my Oilers starter jacket around town. This is the kind of stuff that guys like you just wouldn't understand, because you weren't a part of it. You didn't have to feel the deep pain that many of us felt when Buffalo took our hearts out in that playoff game. I personally knew the Gilbride family and the Moons very well back then. My family knew Bubba Mcdowell very well back then as well. The Oilers were more than just a team to us. I still have my Oilers drinking glass that they used to give away at the gas stations around town.

It would be like someone socking me in the stomach if I had to watch any game with the Titans wearing Oilers jerseys. And coming to Reliant like that, ah man I couldn't even imagine the emotions that could be drawn from that. I'm afraid of what I might do if I saw some obnoxious Titans fan acting a fool in Reliant with a retro Oilers jersey on while the Titans are wearing Oilers jerseys. You think I'm joking I'm sure, but I'm a very passionate fan and those were some of my most passionate years of a fan in my entire life. I'll never forget walking out of the dome chanting with other fans "Good bye Jerry!!!" Speaking of some of those Glanville years.

I could care less about Bud, and as I've said before he is out of here. However, he does make his little comments quite a bit to take shots at us and he did draft VY just to rub it in our noses even though it back fired on him recently. If he wants to take it to the extra level of putting those old jerseys on his players to play us in our own stadium, then he had better hope that he can get back on his private jet in one piece, because I just don't know.

The Titans have a few of my Longhorns on their team, so I root for my boys on the team. I don't totally hate the Titans, because we have the Texans now, and I know that eventually Mcnair will hire the right people and we'll be a top franchise for a long time when that happens. But if Bud decides to try and open old wounds like that and spit in our faces as loyal fans, then he had better watch the game from Tennessee and warn his fans to stay home for that particular game. I can't imagine seeing a bunch of Tennessee fans coming into our stadium wearing our old stuff. Just to hard to swallow for a passionate fan like myself who remembers the 90's the way I do.

Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008   #90
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 43520 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

I say if Bud does it we gather in front of his house and have ourselves a bonfire.

Its not like we cant find out where he lives.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008   #91
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
You've made some valid points as far as ratings and excitement, but I really don't think the rest of the NFL will care as much. Maybe if both teams were top teams, but most NFL fans outside of Houston that I know don't go out of their way to watch the Texans on any week unless they are Texans fans.

It might make for some interesting anticipation, but it isn't worth the drama for people that still hold those Oilers memories sacred. You guys are not the Oilers. Even if you put the jerseys on, the Titans will never be the Oilers. You guys are the Titans and you guys should develop some pride in being what the Titans are to Tennessee, not what they used to be or be called to Houston. I can't control what the city did or did not do back then. I just know that my fondest memories of ever being a football fan were sitting in the end zone every week in the Dome wearing my Columbia blue Oilers shirts and sporting my Oilers starter jacket around town. This is the kind of stuff that guys like you just wouldn't understand, because you weren't a part of it. You didn't have to feel the deep pain that many of us felt when Buffalo took our hearts out in that playoff game. I personally knew the Gilbride family and the Moons very well back then. My family knew Bubba Mcdowell very well back then as well. The Oilers were more than just a team to us. I still have my Oilers drinking glass that they used to give away at the gas stations around town.

It would be like someone socking me in the stomach if I had to watch any game with the Titans wearing Oilers jerseys. And coming to Reliant like that, ah man I couldn't even imagine the emotions that could be drawn from that. I'm afraid of what I might do if I saw some obnoxious Titans fan acting a fool in Reliant with a retro Oilers jersey on while the Titans are wearing Oilers jerseys. You think I'm joking I'm sure, but I'm a very passionate fan and those were some of my most passionate years of a fan in my entire life. I'll never forget walking out of the dome chanting with other fans "Good bye Jerry!!!" Speaking of some of those Glanville years.

I could care less about Bud, and as I've said before he is out of here. However, he does make his little comments quite a bit to take shots at us and he did draft VY just to rub it in our noses even though it back fired on him recently. If he wants to take it to the extra level of putting those old jerseys on his players to play us in our own stadium, then he had better hope that he can get back on his private jet in one piece, because I just don't know.

The Titans have a few of my Longhorns on their team, so I root for my boys on the team. I don't totally hate the Titans, because we have the Texans now, and I know that eventually Mcnair will hire the right people and we'll be a top franchise for a long time when that happens. But if Bud decides to try and open old wounds like that and spit in our faces as loyal fans, then he had better watch the game from Tennessee and warn his fans to stay home for that particular game. I can't imagine seeing a bunch of Tennessee fans coming into our stadium wearing our old stuff. Just to hard to swallow for a passionate fan like myself who remembers the 90's the way I do.

I agree with almost everything you have said and yes seeing Titans using the Oilers uniform would piss me off. I think that is one game I would not watch nor care to watch no matter the results.
Old 10-18-2008   #92
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

jesus bud if u wanna wear throwbacks why didnt u just keep the oilers name.

what a clown... i hope he burns in u know were... lol
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008   #93
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonerATO View Post
I agree with almost everything you have said and yes seeing Titans using the Oilers uniform would piss me off. I think that is one game I would not watch nor care to watch no matter the results.

ummm here in canada sir.. and this year is the first time ive missed a texans game cause i live at my gf's and i do go out of my way to watch them... i will be taking the monday off work when they play the jags on MNF.... dont wanna be a dick... but texans fans arent just in houston.... we are all over the place and we love our texans

hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008   #94
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 45478 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Honestly, I couldn't care less what that old fart does with his football team. He can't piss me off any more. Now days, I just laugh at the old buzzard that he has such a grudge against Houston, the town that made him. Whatever you sour, bitter old man.

Enjoy your 5-0 start Tennessee fans, 'cause we here in Houston know what's about to happen.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008   #95
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 281064 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I've arrived at the same place as Speedy. The Houston Oilers are dead to me. Nothing more than memories of days gone by. My team is the Houston Texans, so I'm not going to waste any of my energy on Pud Adams, his football team, and whatever money-making scheme he's got up his sleeve.

I will always have a place in my heart for Houston football players. But the franchise they played for is history and nothing more to me now. It's like an ex-wife. Remember the good times, but invest no emotions in re-living the past. It was a bitter divorce and she's a crack whore now (true story on all levels).

GO TEXANS!!
Old 10-18-2008   #96
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Healing starts (as HOU-TEX so eloquently put it) when Pud Adams has maggots coming out of his eyeballs.... Until then, may every bad Karma debt be bestowed on him..
Old 10-20-2008   #97
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

After Bud dies, I think a class move by his inheritors/family, would be to give us our Oiler tradition, record books, and uniforms back. Let Tennesse start their own tradition, for crying out loud they have already done more in Tennessee than they ever did in Houston.

I would cry tears of joy if I ever saw the Texans play in the old Oilers uniform. It's already obvious that the Oilers werent what was cursed. It's our city.
Old 10-20-2008   #98
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
After Bud dies, I think a class move by his inheritors/family, would be to give us our Oiler tradition, record books, and uniforms back. Let Tennesse start their own tradition, for crying out loud they have already done more in Tennessee than they ever did in Houston.

I would cry tears of joy if I ever saw the Texans play in the old Oilers uniform. It's already obvious that the Oilers werent what was cursed. It's our city.
Uh...I don't know bout that. I think Texans fans do not want anything Oilers ever worn again.

Houston has the Texans. There is NO going back. The Oilers are dead.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008   #99
9nines
Rookie

A couple of things:

1) Next year is the 50th anniversary of the American Football League. I think all original AFL teams will wear original jerseys a game or two.

2) Why do past Oilers fan have to be Texans fans and not like the Titans? I followed the Oilers all my life and to me the team never moved because it is located in place where it can never leave my heart. So even if the team were to move again, I will still follow it and be a fan of it.
9nines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008   #100
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 94442 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9nines View Post

‘2) Why do past Oilers fan have to be Texans fans and not like the Titans? I followed the Oilers all my life and to me the team never moved because it is located in place where it can never leave – my heart. So even if the team were to move again, I will still follow it and be a fan of it.
That's because you do not get it.

Last edited by DBCooper; 10-20-2008 at 01:43 PM.
DBCooper is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read