Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-19-2008   #1
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8652 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker
Default A stat that I really like...

The Texans are currently ranked 3rd in the NFL in time of posession with an average of 32:37 per game:

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...G&d-447263-n=1

I think this is very nice and shows just how much we've improved in the running game this year with Green's health in the last 3 games and the offseason additions in the player/coaching department we made.

Now if only I had nicer things to say about the defense...
Old 10-19-2008   #2
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8652 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker
Default Re: A stat that I really like...

Oh wait there's more...

Andre Johnson is # 1 in the NFL for WRs in yds/game.
Old 10-19-2008   #3
will742
Nukkkk

Rep Power: 102 will742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to will742

To add onto the stats, Zac Diles is currently ranked 19th in the league in total tackles. He has 45 total tackles thus far with 35 of them being solo tackles. I would say he's coming into his own as a starter for our defense, and becoming less of a liability.
will742 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008   #4
dsorc
Veteran

Rep Power: 7032 dsorc is a quality contributor and well respecteddsorc is a quality contributor and well respecteddsorc is a quality contributor and well respecteddsorc is a quality contributor and well respecteddsorc is a quality contributor and well respecteddsorc is a quality contributor and well respecteddsorc is a quality contributor and well respecteddsorc is a quality contributor and well respecteddsorc is a quality contributor and well respecteddsorc is a quality contributor and well respecteddsorc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
The Texans are currently ranked 3rd in the NFL in time of posession with an average of 32:37 per game:

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...G&d-447263-n=1

I think this is very nice and shows just how much we've improved in the running game this year with Green's health in the last 3 games and the offseason additions in the player/coaching department we made.

Now if only I had nicer things to say about the defense...
I think that stat also reflects that teams are scoring on us quickly. If a team can bomb our defense, like that 96 yd pass to CJ or those two plays from the Miami game, time of possession kinda becomes unimportant.
dsorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008   #5
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

So we can set all kinds of offensive records if your D just keeps it up.

Too bad I don't care about that. Seems like I've been through that with some lighter blue team before.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read