Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 10-16-2008   #61
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow
Default Re: Titans to consider donning Oilers' throwback jersey in '09.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
I don't think that the league should let Bud do something like that. That would be disgraceful of Bud to do something like that.

The way I see it, I will never look at the Titans as the Oilers. I never have, and I laugh every time any fan out here tries telling me that they still have support for them because of the Oilers, because the Oilers died when Bud left and went to Tennessee and changed his team to the Titans. The Oilers are no more, and I really don't see how or why the league would let an owner with a long history of being an ass do something as low as this just to take a shot at the fans.
Actually as the owner of the Oilers/Titans franchise Bud has every right to have the team wear the throwbacks. If he was not forced out of Houston they would probably still be the Houston Oilers.

Probably sold me on a new jersey ....

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008   #62
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125033 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
Actually as the owner of the Oilers/Titans franchise Bud has every right to have the team wear the throwbacks. If he was not forced out of Houston they would probably still be the Houston Oilers.

Probably sold me on a new jersey ....

I actually considered you to be more of Titan fan with more class than that. Sorry that I was wrong.

Sure Bud can do whatever he wants, but the fact of the matter is that he would only be doing that against the Texans on purpose to take a shot at Houston fans. It wouldn't be for any other reason than that. The NFL should hold it's owners to higher standards than to let them go out of their way to irritate another fan base to that degree.

If Bud does indeed do this and have his team wear Oilers jerseys in our stadium, then if you or any other Titans fans decide to come into Reliant stadium wearing those same old Oiler Jerseys you will being doing it at your own risk. I'd advise against it at all costs, because fans out here will not be taking that lightly at all.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008   #63
Tejas Bruja
NFL's Gringa

Rep Power: 11 Tejas Bruja was voted MVPTejas Bruja was voted MVPTejas Bruja was voted MVPTejas Bruja was voted MVPTejas Bruja was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
I weighed in on this here.

Warning - may be offensive to hillbillies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal Rosenberg View Post
This is horrible
What's even more horrible is that Chris somehow managed to accurately describe every single member of my family AND list the EXACT reasons as to why I no longer associate with them!

Don't hate me because I'm beautiful, hate me because I'm smart!
Tejas Bruja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008   #64
3rd and Inches
NFL's La Migra

Rep Power: 1035 3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to 3rd and Inches Send a message via MSN to 3rd and Inches Send a message via Yahoo to 3rd and Inches

Quote:

If Bud does indeed do this and have his team wear Oilers jerseys in our stadium, then if you or any other Titans fans decide to come into Reliant stadium wearing those same old Oiler Jerseys you will being doing it at your own risk. I'd advise against it at all costs, because fans out here will not be taking that lightly at all.
Very very true. But, that's what parking lots are for.. and large bludgeoning devices.
Old 10-17-2008   #65
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
I weighed in on this here.

Warning - may be offensive to hillbillies.
if I could give you anymore rep I would, that is one of the best post I have ever read about those hillbillies

Last edited by LonerATO; 10-17-2008 at 09:18 AM.
LonerATO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008   #66
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerTastesLikeVictory View Post
If thats the case maybe the Ravens should wear browns throwback uni's
The city of Cleveland was super cool in forcing Modell in court to give up all the records and name. Unfortunately the city of Houston wasn't smart enough to do the same.
Old 10-17-2008   #67
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonerATO View Post
if I could give you anymore rep I would, that is one f the ebst post I have ever read about those hillbillies
Aw, thanks man! My blood pressure rises when it comes to the Oiler legacy and the Titans. I become kind of a name-calling jerk, which I'm not in any other case. /shrug

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008   #68
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 93139 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
**** the Titans and their fans. That's sick.
Guess you're lumping me in...

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008   #69
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Quote:

I actually considered you to be more of Titan fan with more class than that. Sorry that I was wrong.

Sure Bud can do whatever he wants, but the fact of the matter is that he would only be doing that against the Texans on purpose to take a shot at Houston fans. It wouldn't be for any other reason than that. The NFL should hold it's owners to higher standards than to let them go out of their way to irritate another fan base to that degree.

Yeah that was low brow but you guys have been lack luster lately ... hardly any fight in you. I needed to press the button so you get all up in arms and fired up about the next game.

I want the preseason Texans fans back again

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008   #70
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
Yeah that was low brow but you guys have been lack luster lately ... hardly any fight in you. I needed to press the button so you get all up in arms and fired up about the next game.

I want the preseason Texans fans back again
You should read my blog post then LOL

I'm ALWAYS "that guy" when it comes to the Titans.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008   #71
gwallaia

Rep Power: 84150 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

You know what would be fun? Have Bud wear an Oilers jersey to Reliant and mingle with fans out in the parking lots before the game.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008   #72
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 139196 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
You know what would be fun? Have Bud wear an Oilers jersey to Reliant and mingle with fans out in the parking lots before the game.
Joe would string him as a pinata....
Old 10-17-2008   #73
Bipolar The Titan
cow pattie chunkin' champ

Rep Power: 515 Bipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respected

I look at my team as a rusty old Nova that has been restored to show room new. I love the Titans just as much as any Houston fan loved them as the Oilers... maybe more than even some Houston fans love the new team in Houston... I mean, goodness... It's a damn uniform! It's nothing to get all up in arms about. Arguing about whether it's right or wrong is like trying to argue away the fact that the American Civil War happened... it's stupid. We are all fans. We all love the game. Shit happens. It was all out of our control. (for the most part) I mean, for the glory of the game isn't it cool to see the Titans and Texans square off? It's like the Ravens and Colts... or maybe the Rams and Cardinals... or even the Cowboys and Chiefs... it's been 10 years! Can the healing begin already?
Old 10-17-2008   #74
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 150044 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipolar The Titan View Post
I look at my team as a rusty old Nova that has been restored to show room new. I love the Titans just as much as any Houston fan loved them as the Oilers... maybe more than even some Houston fans love the new team in Houston... I mean, goodness... It's a damn uniform! It's nothing to get all up in arms about. Arguing about whether it's right or wrong is like trying to argue away the fact that the American Civil War happened... it's stupid. We are all fans. We all love the game. Shit happens. It was all out of our control. (for the most part) I mean, for the glory of the game isn't it cool to see the Titans and Texans square off? It's like the Ravens and Colts... or maybe the Rams and Cardinals... or even the Cowboys and Chiefs... it's been 10 years! Can the healing begin already?
When Bud's 6' deep with maggots pouring out his decomposed eyes......sure.
Old 10-17-2008   #75
gwallaia

Rep Power: 84150 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Bud is 85.

When his time comes and the Devil calls him home, I hope it happens during football season so we can properly celebrate the event with a big Tailgating Extravaganza.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008   #76
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 139196 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
Bud is 85.

When his time comes and the Devil calls him home, I hope it happens during football season so we can properly celebrate the event with a big Tailgating Extravaganza.
That would be sweeeeeeeeeeeet!
Old 10-17-2008   #77
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

The only time the Texans should be worried about the Titans and their unis is twice a year. Otherwise they're there and we're here. Most are much happier with Mr. McNair and a new team. In the long run HOUSTON is better off.

If he wants to send the team out there in Columbia blue minis let him. It doesn't matter anymore!
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008   #78
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125033 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipolar The Titan View Post
I'm not one of these guys in here that typically cares about the old Bud Adams garbage. He's gone and in another city. We have a new team now and I've moved on.

There is one thing that you'll never understand though. You weren't an Oiler fan, and you didn't root for them for years and years, nor do you cherish those same memories and still have some of the old memorabilia that you're proud to have.

When the Oilers went to Tennessee, they died. They became the TItans, a new team. Therefore, there shouldn't be any retro jerseys for the TItans, because they aren't the Oilers. The Oilers were HOUSTON OILERS. Your team is the Titans, and you guys wearing old Oiler jerseys to me would be no different than the Tampa Bay Bucs putting on Oiler jerseys and coming into Reliant stadium. It would be disrespectful and wrong, because many fans out here still cherish those sports memories and don't associate the Titans with the Oilers. If Bud would have decided to keep the Oiler name and uniform and just take it to another city, then that would be different. He started a new era and has done very well with the Titans. There is no need for him to try and come back here poking with us Houston fans and trying to rehash the past and irritate fans by doing that. Everyone knows Bud Adams and his style and if you're going to act like Bud wouldn't be doing that intentionally to get under the skin of Houston fans, then your just denying what you is the truth. Again, I don't think the Titans should even be allowed to wear those Oiler jerseys, but since they can and if they will then they need to do it somewhere else against another team. Come to Reliant stadium wearing the Oiler jerseys and throwing more mud at the Houston fans will make it a very ugly game, and many fans including myself are not going to take that lightly at all.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008   #79
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 122990 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

If they want to use the Oilers, then they ought to use the 97 oilers then
http://www.texnews.com/texsports97/oilers061397.html

Quote:
When the Oilers take the field Aug. 2 for their first game in Tennessee, an exhibition game with the New Orleans Saints, players will wear their powder blue uniforms with only a patch on the left shoulder and on the back of each helmet commemorating the inaugural season here.

Adams showed off the new logo, which features the traditional blue oil derrick on a background of a slanted, red Tennessee flag with the words "Tennessee Oilers" along the bottom and the number "97" beside the derrick. At the top edge is a blue circle with three white stars from the state flag.

"The folks at NFL Properties are now working on our uniforms," Adams said. "We'll use this uniform this year, but being our inaugural year, we wanted to have something with Tennessee on the Oiler jerseys and helmets."
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008   #80
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 122990 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.titansonline.com/news/tit...php?PRKey=4779

Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read