Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-12-2008   #1
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker
Default How much will Dunta's presence impact team?

First, let me preface this by saying in no way, shape, or form do I think that Dunta is going to come back 100%. I doubt he'll even be contending for a starting job until the last quarter of the season.

But I do think he's going to help out our defense significantly and here's why:

Dunta's mere presence... his "IT" factor (lol, had to do it!!!) if you will... is going to help this defense tremendously. The defense has a problem with inconsistency, the whole team does for that matter but that's for a different thread. With Dunta suited up, actively participating in the game he can be like a player-coach for us. When the defense isn't cutting the mustard and starts reverting to the wet paper bag defense we see every other drive Dunta will get in some guys' faces and get their minds right.

When Dunta, football God's willing lays the wood on an opposing offensive player it will light a fire under the defense's ass and they will all perform on a higher level. It doesn't matter if he starts for us if he can elevate everyone's level of play as the spiritual leader of our defensive unit.

Here's to welcoming back the heart and soul of the Houston Texans next week when Detroit comes to town!!!
Old 10-12-2008   #2
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: How much will Dunta's presence impact team?

Dunta never seemed to be the rah rah leader of our D in the past, so i don't know why he would start now. He has always been straight with the media and tahts gotten him in trouble, but to think he's going to come in and start coaching up the other players is putting way too much on him.

Im guessing he'll take a few games to get his sea legs under him again, but once he's back, I think he'll be back to his old tricks. I give him 4 games to get there, but I think h'ell make a full 100% recovery in time
Old 10-12-2008   #3
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Rep Power: 160 WesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Dunta is going to shave 12 points off a game.....(which means we hold teams to about 20)

I wish theyd play Molden, i fell like together theyd take off about 15 points a game, just his presence in the locker room, play on the field and reprecutions of other CBs playinng time.

I also want to see what adibi can do...

Thanks Texan Rocky and Brando for the Avatar and Sig!
WesmanTexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #4
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8735 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Dunta never seemed to be the rah rah leader of our D in the past, so i don't know why he would start now. He has always been straight with the media and tahts gotten him in trouble, but to think he's going to come in and start coaching up the other players is putting way too much on him.

Im guessing he'll take a few games to get his sea legs under him again, but once he's back, I think he'll be back to his old tricks. I give him 4 games to get there, but I think h'ell make a full 100% recovery in time
i dont think he expects him to be a cheerleader and a coach. hes talking about daunta's big hits and emotion and the fact that he's not afraid to tell players that they need to step up and make more plays. thats the daunta im talkin bout!
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #5
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbeth View Post
i dont think he expects him to be a cheerleader and a coach. Hes talking about daunta's big hits and emotion and the fact that he's not afraid to tell players that they need to step up and make more plays. Thats the daunta im talkin bout!
+ 23!!!
Old 10-13-2008   #6
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

You people need to give more love to Dunta Robinson imo.
Old 10-13-2008   #7
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
You people need to give more love to Dunta Robinson imo.
Personally and selfishly I would like him to come back when he is 100%. However, this is a contract year and he needs to play in order to get that second contract and the Texans probably want to see how he has recovered in order to determine their investment.

I love Dunta, but have a feeling this will not work out for either party if he comes back to early.
Old 10-13-2008   #8
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6986 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Dunta will make a HUGE difference he has always played with the most heart on our team and has been a leader, has is really been that long that people have forgot what Dunta brings to this team!
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008   #9
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 267781 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Dunta returning is going to give our defense a enormous lift on Sunday. This is the kind of thing that players seem to feed off of and if he's dressed on Sunday and ready to go hit somebody, even if it's only for 10-12 plays then I think the rest of the guys on that side of the ball will respond. Nobody wants to spoil Dunta Robinson's first game back after all he's done to get here. While hurt he has been working with the other DB's and doing everything he knows how to do to help the team. That's the kind of player he's become and we're going to be much improved once he gets back into game shape.
Old 10-13-2008   #10
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 237388 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

The fans will go nuts when #23 gets into the game.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read