Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-13-2008   #1
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15340 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker
Default This week is Amobi Okoye's breakout game!!!

Kevin Williams got 4 sacks against the swiss cheese interior OL of the Detroit Lions. While I dont expect Amobi to get 4 sacks I do expect him to make his presence known early and often repeatedly getting in the QBs face all game. Especially since we should be able to build an early lead at home with the way our offense is clicking putting them into a pass heavy mode.

With Mario dominating all comers Amobi should get plenty of opportunities to hit the QB. I say 1.5 sacks for Amobiwan Okoye!!!
Old 10-13-2008   #2
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 4561 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: This week is Amobi Okoye's breakout game!!!

It would be about freaking time... I thought he wanted to have 14 sacks?
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008   #3
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm hoping its Bulman's breakout game. That guy was a beast last week. I only saw him in on 2 plays and he hit the QB both times
Old 10-13-2008   #4
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 24956 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Makes sense, let's hope so, amobi has been quiet.
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008   #5
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54086 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

A nice man deserves to do well so I hope so.
Old 10-13-2008   #6
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurstexanstros View Post
It would be about freaking time... I thought he wanted to have 14 sacks?
He wants to get them all in the last 8 games. He got that idea from Mario.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008   #7
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I do agree that he will start improving in the sack category right about now. They're going to start resting him during games and things should start getting a little easier.

Sponsored links
Old 10-13-2008   #8
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected

Sacks? Heck I'd be happy if he'd just get more then one tackle a game.

He'd better start making something happen or Bust talk will start.

But then again, considering the about 45 DT with more tackles the our highest rated DT, Jeff Zgonina (8 total), I'd say Amobi fits in well with out team concept of defense.
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008   #9
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
I'm hoping its Bulman's breakout game. That guy was a beast last week. I only saw him in on 2 plays and he hit the QB both times
I agree. And I think he should have atleast shared in the credit for one of those sacks that Mario got ? But he was very impressive this past week.
I dunno, was he playing at multi positions, both inside on some plays and at the edge on other plays ? I was thinking they might have been moving him around a little ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008   #10
HJam72
Hall of Fame

The guy I'm pulling for on that D-Line is Okam, because we need more size in the middle.

Old 10-13-2008   #11
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 91809 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
The guy I'm pulling for on that D-Line is Okam, because we need more size in the middle.
I don't think there's a defensive scheme on earth that couldn't use a 330 pound NT that played decently. He's pretty much what we've been missing since the beginning on defense. I'm pulling for Okam really hard too, but it could easily be a few years before he becomes noticeable in games.
Old 10-13-2008   #12
kcdoubleeagle
Veteran

Rep Power: 475 kcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah...starting to really get worried about Okoye.
kcdoubleeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008   #13
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Just because he's not getting sack doesn't indicate the impact he makes on defense. He been steadily improving each week since the Jacksonville game.Well atleast on his pass rush, his run D still leaves alot to be desired.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008   #14
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post
Just because he's not getting sack doesn't indicate the impact he makes on defense.
Your correct but his lack of tackles does show his impact on the defense, which is minimal.

Of course, I could say the same thing about TJ.

I'm up for putting Okam in there. Couldn't hurt.
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008   #15
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 177962 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcdoubleeagle View Post
Yeah...starting to really get worried about Okoye.
I hear he just doesn't have the speed to be good at the position. Anyone have any opinions on this?

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008   #16
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15340 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJen View Post
I hear he just doesn't have the speed to be good at the position. Anyone have any opinions on this?
That's nonsense, he's at his best when chasing down plays as opposed to taking on plays head on.

Slow DTs aren't very good at chasing down plays. He's got a very good first step for a DT, which is why he's such an interesting prospect. He has the potential to be a viable pass rushing threat at DT like Warren Sapp was in Tampa Bay.

He's just gotta put it all together.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read