Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-06-2008   #41
nut
All Pro

Rep Power: 165 nut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Boy, I'd hate to see this place if we lost a playoff game

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
If this is considered to be "the end of the world," then what would happen if this had been a playoff game?

We've stunk since our inception, so things are magnified because we don't have any good memories or winning seasons to fall back upon. All this "woe is me" bullhonkey is uncalled for.

Winning and losing is cyclical.

Look at how much the Bengals endured, then for about two seasons they were red-hot and looked like they were on the verge of winning it all.

Throw the Seahawks in there, too. They were awful for years, heck for decades, and then they had two or three Super Bowl caliber seasons. Where are those teams now? Sucking. Again.

Tampa Bay Bucs? Same thing.

It's like those two or three seasons never happened.

When you have a league with 32 teams, and only about four teams are actually "really really good" per year, then you have to see that the odds are low that your team is going to do well.

I see a lot of griping and "poor, pitiful me" attitudes on the board today.

We lost. We'll lose again. We'll lose even more meaningful games than this one.

Tony Romo bobbled a snap and laid on the turf like a little girl. And Cowboys fans were upset, devastated. But Romo came back strong.

Right now would be a great chance for someone like Andre Johnson to come out next Sunday and just dominate a game, acting like a One Man Gang and just willing our team to victory. Steve Slaton could also be that sort of catalyst.

All it takes is one person.

If you are griping about people getting ticked off about our team's never winning and believe it is not fair, you have been drinking too much of your Kool-Aid. What could this possibly have to do with a playoff game? If we ever got to the playoffs, the stadium would be rocking like it was yesterday. Have you heard anybody whining about not winning the Super Bowl? This just in, we are losers since our inception.

Last edited by nut; 10-06-2008 at 05:10 PM.
nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008   #42
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

Bump to say "Boy, I'd really hate to see this place if we actually won a playoff game we should've lost.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008   #43
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Immature fan base my ass! If you expect people to come in here all chummy after a loss like that when you're team is 0-4 then I don't know what you were expecting. I'm a fan that wants to win and expects my team owner to make adjustments as well as the coaching staff and general managers when things aren't going right. Well things aren't going right at all right now.

Texans fans have supported the hell out of this organization for years though loser seasons and one mediocre season that I personally wasn't excited about. The players, coaches and other staff members are all getting paid top dollars to produce and when they aren't they will be criticized while they're still getting their pay check to produce rather than to just show up. I'm glad that fans are upset and uneasy. At least it shows that people care and demand for success instead of being happy just to watch a team on Sunday. You play to win the game, not hang around. Real fans want to win.
Texecutioner must be a delight to hang with while watching the Texans play.

Good Gawd awwmightee, he bitches after the Texans win a game they should've won, a game in which they played probably the best football I've ever seen this team play--against a team that's owned them throughout the history of the franchise--and when they get a dramatic, I-don't-believe-what-I-just-saw, comeback victory to rescue the season and perhaps the franchise itself from the lowest low imaginable, he continues to ***** and moan.

With friends like this....
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read