Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-09-2008   #21
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 173167 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Not just Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
I'll tell you what the problem is-

Its' been too long since the Texans have had a regular season game @ home (DEC 30 2007). thats about three weeks short of 10 freaking long months!!!!

From watching the playoffs (teams playing we know that we should beat like Indy, Tennessee & Jacksonville) thru the Superbowl (a Giant team out of nowhere the Texans went up there just a couple years ago & beat) through the Combine workouts, Mock Drafts & Draft to Off season free agency, mini/training camps, pre-season now regular season that IKE spoils (scheduled home opener) to 4 games into the regular season & it all rests on Sage Rosenfels broad shoulders?

People need to calm down, realize where we've been & smell the coffee before tearing someone a new _______

Regardless the outcome I saw a man out there giving 110% trying to help his team win, frustrating as that turned out in the end I'm not going to bash that effort or harp on what might have been because its in the books & we have our 2nd game in 9 months/two weeks coming up this Sunday @ Relient
that's not what I saw.
I saw an 8-yr veteran QB making Jacoby Jones-type, pre-season-level, brain-fart mistakes.
Inexcusable.
If we were trying to come from behind, I would give him some slack. Maybe even applaud his efforts.

But we were not behind; we had a double-digit lead.

And we would have been in Kris Brown's FG range even if he doesn't make the first down. All he has to do is get the ball inside the 35 - which he had done - before he decided to take "The Dive".

I'm sorry. I cannot excuse that magnitude of brain fart from an 8-yr QB who claims he's ready to lead his own team.
I just can't.

Forgive him, sure. He's human. (I don't guess he's on the take)
But excuse it.
Nope.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008   #22
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I was going with the same point Polo made. I have no problems with our defensive effort last Sunday. Holding the Colts to 10 points until late in the game is indicative of a unit that is coming together. I can't be upset in any way with their last game. Hopefully they extend it forward against Miami.

Sage is the sole reason we lost that game.
For the first time this season, Okoye was pretty consistently getting involved in the pass rush and beating his matchup. That was the biggest difference for the most part. It helps the whole line when we can get a push and get our hands up. Lord knows Travis can't do it. He has like one sack in 6 years....Derrick Johnson would look really good in a Texans uniform right about now but we had to reach on TJ. Thanks Casserley.
Old 10-09-2008   #23
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
that's not what I saw.
I saw an 8-yr veteran QB making Jacoby Jones-type, pre-season-level, brain-fart mistakes.

Jacoby Jones? Who's that?
Old 10-09-2008   #24
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
For the first time this season, Okoye was pretty consistently getting involved in the pass rush and beating his matchup. That was the biggest difference for the most part. It helps the whole line when we can get a push and get our hands up. Lord knows Travis can't do it. He has like one sack in 6 years....Derrick Johnson would look really good in a Texans uniform right about now but we had to reach on TJ. Thanks Casserley.
theres another happy memory

2012 Draft was Mercilus

Last edited by beerlover; 10-09-2008 at 02:53 PM.
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008   #25
rush2112mn
All Pro

Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Slide in there please.......

Blame game.....hmm.....I think dissapointed is more of it than blame for me. I expected Sage to slide instead of head first. Head first is asking for trouble.....Didn't we have a Astros player out at Texans practice a few years ago to work on slides with that guy Carr.....maybe I am wrong on that.....
I also was dissapointed in not stoping the Colts on that 4th down.
rush2112mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008   #26
Polo

Default Re: Slide in there please.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by rush2112mn View Post
I also was dissapointed in not stoping the Colts on that 4th down.
I didn't like the fact that we didn't stop them on fourth down either...

But if someone asked me if I'd take that exact same defensive performance against the Colts next time we played them I'd say yes, and please sign me up for a 10 yr subscription...
Old 10-09-2008   #27
Bull Pen 1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1621 Bull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
I just have to say it because it has been eating at me.

SAGE effed up

Listen, I don't care if we were up 27-0 and he was 30 of 30 for 400 yards and 3 TDS. The fact remains that 3 turnovers were on his watch and he lost the game. QBs aren't ranked or held to standards consisting of 3 quarters and then some bad minutes. They are held to a standard of full games. So you can't take 56 minutes and just act like that is how he plays. You take the full 60. Just like the Titans game last year. People were like..."did you see Sage bring us back?" Yeah he had thrown something like 4 interceptions to get us in the hole to start. It all counts. With his good comes many turnovers.

The defense did what they had to do against a good team. One person didn't/

Whew..I feel better
Sage record as a starter 4 - 2

Matt as a starter 4 - 13

So Sage screwed up twice and Matt screwed uo 13 times, so who is the better qb.
Bull Pen 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008   #28
Bull Pen 1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1621 Bull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Actually I wounder why Coach K didn't take Sage out of the game after the helo hit. Just like I woundered why he didn't take Matt out during the Stellers game after that big hit. I'm sure both hits affected both qb's

I'm still in favor of Sage over Matt even though I agree we lost the game because of the helo hit and the 2 after turnovers, that Sage gave up.

Sage is 4 - 2 as a starter

Matt is 4 - 13 or 14 as a starter.

Go ahead fire away.
Bull Pen 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008   #29
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5496 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

This is amazing. Sage goes Carr on the field, and people say "at least he gave effort"...? WTF! He played a good game, but that doesnt excuse single handedly giving the Colts the game. If it was Schuab, you would be calling for an execution. He did things a QB cant do. And he got away with a few throws and reaching the ball out. Its unbelievable that people still want this guy to start
Old 10-10-2008   #30
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Sage Rosenfels is trying to move past last Sundayís loss to Indy, specifically the three turnovers he committed that cost Houston the game in the final minutes.

ďI reread it probably 1,000 times in my mind,Ē Rosefels said. ďAgain, thatís not going to do me any good really for this week other than obviously what Iíd do differently next time. So Iím trying not to dwell on it. Iím trying to move on. I think this team is ready to move on and have another game.Ē

Hope y'all feel better now nobody feels worse than Sage, nobody

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008   #31
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Sage Rosenfels is trying to move past last Sundayís loss to Indy, specifically the three turnovers he committed that cost Houston the game in the final minutes.

ďI reread it probably 1,000 times in my mind,Ē Rosefels said. ďAgain, thatís not going to do me any good really for this week other than obviously what Iíd do differently next time. So Iím trying not to dwell on it. Iím trying to move on. I think this team is ready to move on and have another game.Ē

Hope y'all feel better now nobody feels worse than Sage, nobody
Well, if any fan feels worse about it than Sage, I suggest investigating some others of life's opportunities outside of watching Texans football.
Old 10-13-2008   #32
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull Pen 1 View Post

Matt as a starter 4 - 13

Sorry to bump this but I was out of town and had to respond. This is purely assinine. Did you even look at the stats of what Schaub did in some of those losses. This is the VY mentality of only wins count. Please stop.
Old 10-13-2008   #33
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Matt as a starter 4 - 13

I'm with ya, Preston.
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008   #34
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by FILO_girl View Post

I'm with ya, Preston.
I would be too but it's just not that simple.
Old 10-13-2008   #35
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Actually I wounder why Coach K didn't take Sage out of the game after the helo hit. Just like I woundered why he didn't take Matt out during the Stellers game after that big hit. I'm sure both hits affected both qb's

I'm still in favor of Sage over Matt even though I agree we lost the game because of the helo hit and the 2 after turnovers, that Sage gave up.

Sage is 4 - 2 as a starter

Matt is 4 - 13 or 14 as a starter.

Go ahead fire away.
Counter-point:

OR

You decide.
Old 10-13-2008   #36
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I would be too but it's just not that simple.
It isn't at all.

Look at the loss against Jacksonville. What did Schaub do wrong?Nothing. But its a W. It happens every day on bad to mediocre teams. Look at VY last year..playoff team with horrible QB stats. It didn't make him a better QB than others out there. Ws are a process of TEAM..defense, special teams, etc. Not QB in general...unless you turn it over 3 times straight to lose a game. People making the record argument are just being too simplistic and not understanding the game.

With all that said, I'm not sold that either is stud calliber. But Schaub has been finishing games lately.
Old 10-13-2008   #37
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
It isn't at all.
With all that said, I'm not sold that either is stud calliber..
True that, its sorta 'lesser of the two evils' mentality.
We just don't agree who is the lesser...
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read