Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Who was the Texans Player of the Game Vs. Miami?
Mario Williams 4 7.27%
Kris Brown 2 3.64%
Matt Schaub 14 25.45%
Andre Johnson 31 56.36%
Jacoby Jones 4 7.27%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-12-2008   #1
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Rep Power: 159 WesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Player of the Game?

Andre had a record day

Matt was clutch in the end

J.J. got it goin

K Brown 3 big Field Goals

M. Williams had 2 sacks w/ 4 tackles

Thanks Texan Rocky and Brando for the Avatar and Sig!
WesmanTexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #2
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Player of the Game?

gotta be matt or andre. i gave it to matt cause of the circumstances.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #3
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Rep Power: 159 WesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I voted Andre because he was -1 in the turn over catagory and had a recod day, but its tough....

Andre is on ABC right now btw...

Thanks Texan Rocky and Brando for the Avatar and Sig!
WesmanTexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #4
ChrisG
Road Fan

Rep Power: 6268 ChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respected

Johnson was named the offical player of the game, they had an interview with him on Sirius after the game, and he earned it
Old 10-12-2008   #5
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2409 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

AJ was close to being the goat after his fumble. Someone needs to tell him to stop letting up once he thinks he is going to score. It happened against the Titans on that long throw and again today. It looked like he thought he would stroll in the endzone after making the first wave of defenders miss.

He did redeem himself though.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008   #6
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72199 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtran04 View Post
AJ was close to being the goat after his fumble. Someone needs to tell him to stop letting up once he thinks he is going to score. It happened against the Titans on that long throw and again today. It looked like he thought he would stroll in the endzone after making the first wave of defenders miss.

He did redeem himself though.
Maybe, but I thought I saw a helmet hit right into the funny bone of his carrying arm. I'm inclined to forgive some fumbles.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008   #7
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72199 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I wanted to mention somewhere on the boards tonight that Walter had like 98 yds. receiving, even though he only caught 4 passes. That's quite an average for a "possession" receiver.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-13-2008   #8
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

I voted for Schaub, but if you can pardon the cliche, this was a team win and all those guys deserve it.
Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008   #9
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

After careful consideration , I'd like to change my vote from AJ to JJ and Brown , here's why ....

All the others made some mistakes that left the team in a hole ....

Schaub two int's

AJ a fumble

MW missed a TFL and gave up a TD in the process on the final drive (You could argue that giving up the score there was the correct thing to do).

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008   #10
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 119538 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
I wanted to mention somewhere on the boards tonight that Walter had like 98 yds. receiving, even though he only caught 4 passes. That's quite an average for a "possession" receiver.
Good job. Kevin Walter had 4-98 and Owen Daniel caught 4 as well but I can't remember how many yards he got.

I'll go with AJ when all is said and done. I still don't know how he made that catch. Oh yeah I do, he knew he HAD to have it for Houston to have a chance.
Old 10-13-2008   #11
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

I voted Andre. I think he boosted Schaub more than vice versa.
Old 10-13-2008   #12
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 2317 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbeth View Post
gotta be matt or andre. i gave it to matt cause of the circumstances.
If its schaub its sweet...... at least yesterday.
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008   #13
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 7306 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

Personally I thought it should be Owen Daniels, he was money the entire game. I voted Schaub though based solely on the QB draw. No one on the Dolphins D saw that one coming.
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008   #14
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104409 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

AJ get's the nod from me. The fourth down catch to keep 'the drive' going was just sick.

I just wish he'd be that aggressive every time he's targeted. AJ, you are a beast! Take the friggin ball away from the puny CB's.

Props to Matt for fighting through early mistakes and asshat fans calling for Sage.

Matt has finished final drives......Sage does not = End of story
Old 10-13-2008   #15
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Kris Brown gets my vote!! PERFECT season so far!! Can't ask for more than that!!! JMO!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008   #16
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 114610 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
AJ get's the nod from me. The fourth down catch to keep 'the drive' going was just sick.

I just wish he'd be that aggressive every time he's targeted. AJ, you are a beast! Take the friggin ball away from the puny CB's.

Props to Matt for fighting through early mistakes and asshat fans calling for Sage.

Matt has finished final drives......Sage does not = End of story
All good candidate this time to be sure, but the A.J. take-away "catch" will be burned in my memory for a long time.

After being snakebit for so much of this season, it was nice to have a few things break our way on the final drive:

1) The Interception overtuned.
2) The A.J. takeaway.
3) The Schaub draw.
Old 10-13-2008   #17
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 192752 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
I voted Andre. I think he boosted Schaub more than vice versa.
I'm with you. That takeaway catch was one for the ages.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008   #18
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

I voted for Andre..... because of "the Catch" V2.0

Although Mario is on pace to have 18 sacks.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read