Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-10-2008   #1
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37218 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected
Default 2800 Mile Texans Journey

I wasn't supposed to go all four games, just two. But it turned that I will go to all four games in a row. I went to the colts game with some co-workers and will go to the rest with family. I live 350 miles from Houston. That's a 700 mile round trip. I'm not complaining because I actually enjoy the trips. I actually have a blast. They are just really exhausting.

Last edited by stingray; 10-10-2008 at 12:48 AM.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008   #2
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2800 Mile Texans Journey

Thats dedication. I would fly over but those $1k return flights would ruin me
Old 10-10-2008   #3
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 561 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

thumbs up for the dedication stingray!

and I ***** about the drive in from The Woodlands!
Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008   #4
Wolfiegrrl
Wonder Woman

Rep Power: 12864 Wolfiegrrl is a quality contributor and well respectedWolfiegrrl is a quality contributor and well respectedWolfiegrrl is a quality contributor and well respectedWolfiegrrl is a quality contributor and well respectedWolfiegrrl is a quality contributor and well respectedWolfiegrrl is a quality contributor and well respectedWolfiegrrl is a quality contributor and well respectedWolfiegrrl is a quality contributor and well respectedWolfiegrrl is a quality contributor and well respectedWolfiegrrl is a quality contributor and well respectedWolfiegrrl is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Wolfiegrrl Send a message via MSN to Wolfiegrrl Send a message via Yahoo to Wolfiegrrl

I hear you Stingray. If it weren't 2800 miles one way and $600 out of my pocket, I'd be at every game myself. I have to settle for $300 worth of DirecTV NFL Sunday Ticket with SuperFan.
Wolfiegrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008   #5
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Rep!
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008   #6
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10688 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Ya not quite as far, but I do drive from San Marcos every week.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008   #7
Borowicz50
Kingsville, TX

Rep Power: 0 Borowicz50 is a quality contributor and well respectedBorowicz50 is a quality contributor and well respectedBorowicz50 is a quality contributor and well respectedBorowicz50 is a quality contributor and well respectedBorowicz50 is a quality contributor and well respectedBorowicz50 is a quality contributor and well respectedBorowicz50 is a quality contributor and well respectedBorowicz50 is a quality contributor and well respectedBorowicz50 is a quality contributor and well respectedBorowicz50 is a quality contributor and well respectedBorowicz50 is a quality contributor and well respected

I made it to my first NFL game ever last week to watch the Texans. I'm a college student (obviously broke all the time), but I managed to get my season tickets this year. Its a 800 (there & back) mile trip for me each time but I will be there at every single game. Some people may have given up hope on this team but I was there for 2-14 & I will be there the day we turn the corner & taste 14-2.

Slaton, Ryans, Williams & the rest of the youth on this team shows more than just promise. We have had a rough road but I still believe that we can string together a good number of wins before this season is done. The Titans are good & may have already run away with our division but a playoff spot is still within reach considering the Colts, Jags, Chargers, & Jets have started off pretty dismal & yet they all go through a rough spot in their schedules like we did early on.
Borowicz50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-10-2008   #8
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected

awesome, Ray. I look to be up there next weekend for the first time...TedC, we're coming to the tailgate!!!!
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008   #9
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37218 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borowicz50 View Post
I made it to my first NFL game ever last week to watch the Texans. I'm a college student (obviously broke all the time), but I managed to get my season tickets this year. Its a 800 (there & back) mile trip for me each time but I will be there at every single game. Some people may have given up hope on this team but I was there for 2-14 & I will be there the day we turn the corner & taste 14-2.

Slaton, Ryans, Williams & the rest of the youth on this team shows more than just promise. We have had a rough road but I still believe that we can string together a good number of wins before this season is done. The Titans are good & may have already run away with our division but a playoff spot is still within reach considering the Colts, Jags, Chargers, & Jets have started off pretty dismal & yet they all go through a rough spot in their schedules like we did early on.
Cool. I'm with you, the team looks like it will improve.

Last edited by stingray; 10-10-2008 at 06:13 PM.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008   #10
NBT
Veteran

Rep Power: 124 NBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respected

We, the Houston fans, sincerely appreciate the support you folks are showing to the Texans.
NBT is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read