Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-08-2008   #21
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What stage of Grief are you in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
The stages pf Grief Kubler-Ross identified are:

- Denial (this isn't happening to me!)
- Anger (why is this happening to me?)
- Bargaining (I promise I'll be a better person if...)
- Depression (I don't care anymore)
- Acceptance (I'm ready for whatever comes)
I'm ready for whatever comes, because I really don't care anymore and I'll be a better person, regardless. Besides, it never really happened. Did it!!!!!

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008   #22
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 2317 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

We lost ? really?

I turned off TV was it before or after I drank some Koolaid that TexansSaint made me and I dont remeber much after that......I dont care what happened I dont want to know about it.

I may have buried it with my other tragic memory of my brother running over my teddy bear when I was three. who knows where that memory could be?

Yeah so are yall fired up to play the Colts?
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008   #23
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm in a stage of FEAR!!!!!!!!!! The friggin meatballs are 5-0 and the girls from the north are 4-1!! My worst football nightmare has been having to see those two play each other in the SB!! I get SEVERE palpatations just thinking about it!! Our TEXANS are what they are, pure and simple. I guess ya call that acceptance. I can either jump off the wagon or hang in there with um. I choose to hang in there and ride that wagon until I fall off from old age. I will never jump off.

I played the female role real well today. I went TEXAN gear shopping! Found some magnets for 2 bucks at WalMart, a really cute jacket for my granddaughter, a couple new tee's, some pencils to give out at work (gotta keep up the humor) a trailer hitch for which I have absolutely NO use for, one of those dye cut window shield things, and a badge holder for my badge at work. What can I say, I'm a glutton for punishment at work!

I might have to go into therapy though if the above mentioned teams meet each other in Feb. Might be the time to book a cruise!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008   #24
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm between denial and apathy. On the way to drunk
Old 10-08-2008   #25
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 173167 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Where does "sold remainder of season tickets and PSL" fall?
Classic anger-based reaction
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008   #26
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 173167 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I'm not in a stage of grief. I'll be sitting in front of my TV this Sunday as if the last four didn't even occur and cheering the Texans on.
sounds like denial to me
Old 10-08-2008   #27
gwallaia

Rep Power: 63494 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm still in the "Angry at Sage The Stupid" frame of mind.
What a ****ing ***** that loser is.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008   #28
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209280 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
sounds like denial to me

I totally deny that I am in denial.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008   #29
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 283896 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
I'm in a stage of FEAR!!!!!!!!!! The friggin meatballs are 5-0 and the girls from the north are 4-1!! [size=2]My worst football nightmare has been having to see those two play each other in the SB!! I get SEVERE palpatations just thinking about it!!
I've already told my buds that I will boycott the SB if this happens.

Jungle Bob said "you aren't coming to my annual Super Bowl bash?!"

And I replied "you're going to have a party for those two teams?!!"

(he won't now after I called him out about it )

Not only will I boycott that game, I will instruct DirectTV to come get the dish off my roof. No way can I watch any NFLN if that game were to occur. All they would talk about is the two teams that I can't stand!
Old 10-08-2008   #30
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 66612 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm in a stage of FEAR!!!!!!!!!! The friggin meatballs are 5-0 and the girls from the north are 4-1!! My worst football nightmare has been having to see those two play each other in the SB!! I get SEVERE palpatations just thinking about it!! Our TEXANS are what they are, pure and simple. I guess ya call that acceptance. I can either jump off the wagon or hang in there with um. I choose to hang in there and ride that wagon until I fall off from old age. I will never jump off.

I played the female role real well today. I went TEXAN gear shopping! Found some magnets for 2 bucks at WalMart, a really cute jacket for my granddaughter, a couple new tee's, some pencils to give out at work (gotta keep up the humor) a trailer hitch for which I have absolutely NO use for, one of those dye cut window shield things, and a badge holder for my badge at work. What can I say, I'm a glutton for punishment at work!

I might have to go into therapy though if the above mentioned teams meet each other in Feb. Might be the time to book a cruise!!
You know, that prediction reminds me some of thinking that the way the 2005 season was shaping up that there was a very good chance that Vince Young could be going to the Titans, and all hades would break loose around here.
Old 10-08-2008   #31
gwallaia

Rep Power: 63494 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm in a stage of FEAR!!!!!!!!!! The friggin meatballs are 5-0 and the girls from the north are 4-1!! [size=2]My worst football nightmare has been having to see those two play each other in the SB!! I get SEVERE palpatations just thinking about it!!
I would become a Dallas Cowboys fan for one day.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008   #32
ObsiWan
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I totally deny that I am in denial.
ummm...

okay...

I find it interesting that no one is in the Bargaining stage
...or at least no one has admitted to it.
Old 10-08-2008   #33
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 630 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I played the female role real well today. I went TEXAN gear shopping! Found some magnets for 2 bucks at WalMart, a really cute jacket for my granddaughter, a couple new tee's, some pencils to give out at work (gotta keep up the humor) a trailer hitch for which I have absolutely NO use for, one of those dye cut window shield things, and a badge holder for my badge at work.
Ah, binge shopping, a great form of therapy! I decorated a golf cart with the stuff I bought after the Jags game. That helped.

I went to acceptance Sunday and fell right into anger Monday. I'm better now and should be ready for the Dolphin game by tomorrow.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008   #34
ObsiWan
Contributor

I take it back

Last edited by ObsiWan; 10-08-2008 at 05:27 PM.
Old 10-08-2008   #35
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 112235 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm in a depression/disgusted stage with some anger mixed in there somewhere. Acceptance may never get there.

It's there a movie scene somewhere, I think it involves Steve Martin. He's looking at a house that he might buy, like a farmhouse or something. You hear an airplane in the distance and getting closer. The characters look up at the little single-engine plane as it gets alarmingly close and then watch it plow into the house. The first thing out of Martin's mouth is, "I'll take it!"

His reasoning being this house just had it's catastrophe and the odds are it'll never have another one, just can't be, right? Well, I feel like Steve Martin in that movie and another plane just rammed into the new home I just bought thinking it could never happen again, not this house of all houses.

I never truly came to terms with Buffalo and I believe this will fall into that category.
Old 10-08-2008   #36
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 51708 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

- Denial (this isn't happening to me!) When the clock made it to 0:00.
- Anger (why is this happening to me?) About 6:00 that evening.
- Bargaining (I promise I'll be a better person if...) 11:00 that night.
- Depression (I don't care anymore) Pretty much all of Monday.
- Acceptance (I'm ready for whatever comes) Sometime Tuesday - but I don't think I got much bargaining time... so I might have to trek back later.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008   #37
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 208669 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Classic anger-based reaction
I deny that. If you're willing to pay my way, I'll happily go attend the rest of the losses. That's such a depressing thought, though. But I guess I'm OK with that.

That about cover them all?
Old 10-08-2008   #38
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 23636 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

I feel apathy. That's probably the worst feeling.
Old 10-08-2008   #39
LoneStarState
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
I feel apathy. That's probably the worst feeling.
Yeah... I feel apathy, too... mixed with a little anger.
Old 10-08-2008   #40
nflnutswife
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 925 nflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respected

No Grief, disappointment yes, but we have a back up QB to compete with!
Go Sage!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read