Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Was this the worse loss in franchise history?
Yes 82 69.49%
No 36 30.51%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-06-2008   #41
Texanfan4ever
All Pro

Rep Power: 77 Texanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Was this the worse loss in franchise history?

This one seems worse because our expectiations were HIGHER than they had ever been for our team before the season started. So we have a way longer way to fall, emotionally. And it just shouldn't be. The whole season and everything about it has been wrong from the beginning.

BUT, there is always a silver lining. Stranger things have happened. If matt can play good football like he is capable, we can still turn it around. We can't go back and redo it, so if you want to be a fan, you have to go forward. That is the only choice.

i will be there again on Sunday.
Texanfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008   #42
kbourda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34 kbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brando View Post
???
You betcha!

Signed, Sarah Palin
Old 10-07-2008   #43
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurstexanstros View Post
Didnt Texans give up three td lead to rams? at home?
That's the worst one. You nailed it.

Went to OT, and a little quick-throw bubble screen by a 3rd-string QB that's not even in the NFL anymore to some puny little WR went the distance. End of game. Period. Thankyouverymuch.

That's the worst one, to me.
Old 10-07-2008   #44
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Rep Power: 160 WesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post

Went to OT, and a little quick-throw bubble screen by a 3rd-string QB that's not even in the NFL anymore to some puny little WR went the distance. End of game. Period. Thankyouverymuch.

I understnad that, but we are supposed to be trying for the playoffs this year, we have a legit team, we would have tied the colts at 1-3, we had a 27-10 lead with 5 min left. We played one of the best games that our franchise has ever produced and then we have 3 turnovers in the last 4 minutes to lose 31-27.

this didnt sting...it knocked me out, i didnt recover and realize what had happened untill around 8 last night.

Thanks Texan Rocky and Brando for the Avatar and Sig!
WesmanTexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008   #45
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot

Rep Power: 188 YellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respected

Sausage Queen running up the middle on us for the win and victory dance still hurt me more.
YellerLotYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008   #46
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37218 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

The puny wide reciever was Kevin Curtis. One of the fastest recievers in football. And the QB was Ryan Fitzpatrick and he is still in the league, he actually started a game a week ago for the Bengals.

This loss was worse because it was against Peyton and the Colts and also because this team is much better than that 2005 team.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008   #47
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

not even close to topping this one......the Texans gave up a 3 touchdown lead with alot more time left in that game.

In this loss they gave up almost that margain to a divisional rival in their home opener...(that was the home opener because of a damn devastating hurricane, so the fans were fired up, excited, and ready to cap off a ass whipping to a team that was 11-1 against them) in about 4 minutes....the final 4 minutes.

I'll take two more of those Rams losses if you promise me I'll never have to see another loss like this.

- Edmund Burke

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 10-07-2008 at 02:02 AM.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008   #48
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 19086 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

No. It stings more that most, but wasn't the worst loss.

Definately debatable in respect to criteria of what defines worse...

I personally think its worse to get your butt handed to you ALL game long than letting one slip away. Others may think differently.

But on my logic, the Pittsburg loss was worse than the Indy loss.
Old 10-08-2008   #49
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

That Browns beatdown in 04 was awful.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read