Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-08-2008   #1
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected
Default What stage of Grief are you in?

The stages pf Grief Kubler-Ross identified are:

- Denial (this isn't happening to me!)
- Anger (why is this happening to me?)
- Bargaining (I promise I'll be a better person if...)
- Depression (I don't care anymore)
- Acceptance (I'm ready for whatever comes)

So here I am on Wed... and I am actually starting to get excited for this coming Sundays game against Miami. Am I just in denial here? I am looking at everything that has happened in the past and I keep coming to the conclusion that this team has more talent than it ever has had, is the second youngest team in the league, has played the toughest schedule of anyone thus far, has played 2 good teams to the point of winning recently, and we still have 7 home games left and an easier schedule ahead of us.

So which is it?? Denial for not accepting the reality of our 0-4 team and the meltdown of last week? Or acceptance of what has happened and ready for the tide to turn in our favor finally? And is it possible to experience multiple stages at once? Like when I realize every once in a while we Houston fans have the great Buffalo choke and now this game in our back pockets to keep forever. I do ask why? What did we do to deserve this?

For my own sanity, I am going with Acceptance (meaning I am selling myself on a better future) There is just no way this young team with so many bright spots for the future doesnt continue to get better and eventually make us forget all of our sorrows. We are no Detroit. Right? .... RIGHT!?!?!?

Last edited by Tailgate; 10-08-2008 at 10:50 AM.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008   #2
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What stage of Grief are you in?

Really, I have been bouncing around between denial and acceptance. I still am having dreams that the last 4 minutes were just a dream. I have decided that somehow, someway the football Gods are going to make up for all we have endured so far this season.
Old 10-08-2008   #3
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

What no Alcoholism category?

You know, drinking until you can't remember any of it?
Old 10-08-2008   #4
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 22660 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

Depression
Old 10-08-2008   #5
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 255440 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
The stages pf Grief Kubler-Ross identified are:

- Denial (this isn't happening to me!)
- Anger (why is this happening to me?)
- Bargaining (I promise I'll be a better person if...)
- Depression (I don't care anymore)
- Acceptance (I'm ready for whatever comes)
Where does "sold remainder of season tickets and PSL" fall?
Old 10-08-2008   #6
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 29696 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Well I was never really in denial, I pretty much went straight to anger.
Old 10-08-2008   #7
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 346173 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm at the laughing in the face of tragedy stage, so it must be acceptance.
Old 10-08-2008   #8
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
What no Alcoholism category?

You know, drinking until you can't remember any of it?
I think binge drinking is a consolidation of all 5 stages in one setting. And they seem to come out erratically, sometimes simultaneously and in no particular order at all.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008   #9
Htownsportsfan
All Pro

Rep Power: 128 Htownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Got to acceptance much quicker thatnks to my son!

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums//sh...ad.php?t=54293

Support our troops
Htownsportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008   #10
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Rep Power: 160 WesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Ive accepted it, i mean besides last year I dont recall ever being in a much more of a posotive position. we are 0-4, and there is nothing i can do about it. Im not depressed because our team sucks, im dissapointed that they have been underachieving.

Right now my bright light is our upcoming schedule, slayton, and D Rob returning in a couple of weeks...

Thanks Texan Rocky and Brando for the Avatar and Sig!
WesmanTexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008   #11
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11949 MojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respected

I have been cackling hysterically and uncontrollably, while drooling on myself. Which stage is that?
MojoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008   #12
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

I went through all five stages pretty quickly on Sunday. So I guess I have accepted the fact that I am now like Cub fan. I will support the team forever and no other team will have my allegiance. I am a Texan fan, no matter how many years it takes for us to quit being a laughing stock.

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008   #13
mike moffat
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6673 mike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overalls View Post
I went through all five stages pretty quickly on Sunday. So I guess I have accepted the fact that I am now like Cub fan. I will support the team forever and no other team will have my allegiance. I am a Texan fan, no matter how many years it takes for us to quit being a laughing stock.

I'm with you Overalls. But, I'm starting to second guess my decision to have Dirctv and the NFL ticket installed 2 weeks ago? Maybe I'm the jinx? I think that I will go and lie down for a while.
Old 10-08-2008   #14
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 19086 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

Acceptace.

Aside from a stretch of years when MJ retired and turned the NBA upside down, I'm pretty resigned to the fact that by being a Houston Based sports fan, Futility is a birth right.

Only through years of suffering have I been able to realize my ability to find solice in the acceptance of obscurity.
Old 10-08-2008   #15
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 255440 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by _superMario90_ View Post
Acceptace.

Aside from a stretch of years when MJ retired and turned the NBA upside down, I'm pretty resigned to the fact that by being a Houston Based sports fan, Futility is a birth right.

Only through years of suffering have I been able to realize my ability to find solice in the acceptance of obscurity.

Anyone but Schaub.
eriadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008   #16
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I'm at the laughing in the face of tragedy stage, so it must be acceptance.
and for those looking hopeful for the Dolphins game. Ronnie Brown is going to steam roll us. (and throw 2 TDs)
Old 10-08-2008   #17
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4662 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

When I first read this thread I thought it said "What SAGE of grief are you in?"
Old 10-08-2008   #18
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm beyond it, everythings OK now that I've accepted the fact that it's atleast one more year now before we are finally playing for something in the month of December.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008   #19
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 287939 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not in a stage of grief. I'll be sitting in front of my TV this Sunday as if the last four didn't even occur and cheering the Texans on.

Afterwards my reaction will be heavily influenced by the score. Again. By about next Wednesday I'll be right back to where I am at today. Again.

I'm a glutton for punishment I guess.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008   #20
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

i transcended grief when i was exposed to the teachings of siddhartha gautama.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read