Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-06-2008   #1
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 57403 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected
Default We need to build a bridge and get over it.

Yesterday's game is over. That game is over. Nothing we can do about it now.

A few things we learned yesterday. The defense really is talented like I have said all along, and Richard Smith still needs to be fired for going into prevent with 5 minutes left. He should pop in a tape of the Steelers game to see how a D plays for 60 minutes.

The hard games are over. Now come the soft games on our home turf and one on the road. If the Texans can get over it we can do things we have never done before, win 5 in a row, hell 3 in a row. If we can do that we will have a head of steam going into Indy and win that game as well. After that we play Cleveland to come back home and play the Jags on Monday night. All of these games are winnable. The remaining schedule is soft except having to go to Greenbay. Titans at home, Oakland, finish the season against the Bears at home.

This week is all on Kubiak. If he can keep his troops together, and keep them focused and believe we could go undefeated for the rest of the year.

And before any of you laugh at me I called the 93 Oiler streak. This is a similar situation except the Texans have to believe in themselves and do what they have never done before, win.

TEXANRED is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008   #2
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: We need to build a bridge and get over it.

I know we can compete with any team in this league...it's our own guys that worry me. It seems like they are always finding a way to lose the game.
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008   #3
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

they are losers at heart. They don't know how to win, and they aren't comfortable winning. When they go to bed on Saturday night, they are excited for the chance to win. They don't expect to win
Old 10-06-2008   #4
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

IDK about easy. Have you seen the way the dolphins have been playing? Not going to be a cake walk.
Old 10-06-2008   #5
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

building a bridge to nowhere is pretty fitting this political season I guess.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008   #6
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317617 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

0-4 is what is at the end of the day. We can talk about "being in the game", mistakes, who's fault we think it is, or whatever, but it all leads us to one point: 0-4.

There is no way to sugarcoat sucking. There is no way to make losing feel better. When you try to rationalize losing, you are accepting being a losing team. When you speak platitudes about "having fun and a great gameday experience" in spite of the game's outcome, you are settling for being a fan for a losing team.

Yesterday sucked, big time. 0-4 sucks, big time. Losing our first four games for the second time in four seasons sucks beyond sucking big time.

In the 24 hour rule, we don't need pep talk and cheerleaders. Save that for later this week.

No, today is for venting and getting out of our collective systems. Today is for bitter reflection. Today is for purging your disgust at the creative ways this city's football teams find to lose games.
Old 10-06-2008   #7
bigbrewster2000
4th Infantry

Rep Power: 4856 bigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
Yesterday's game is over. That game is over. Nothing we can do about it now.

A few things we learned yesterday. The defense really is talented like I have said all along, and Richard Smith still needs to be fired for going into prevent with 5 minutes left. He should pop in a tape of the Steelers game to see how a D plays for 60 minutes.

The hard games are over. Now come the soft games on our home turf and one on the road. If the Texans can get over it we can do things we have never done before, win 5 in a row, hell 3 in a row. If we can do that we will have a head of steam going into Indy and win that game as well. After that we play Cleveland to come back home and play the Jags on Monday night. All of these games are winnable. The remaining schedule is soft except having to go to Greenbay. Titans at home, Oakland, finish the season against the Bears at home.

This week is all on Kubiak. If he can keep his troops together, and keep them focused and believe we could go undefeated for the rest of the year.

And before any of you laugh at me I called the 93 Oiler streak. This is a similar situation except the Texans have to believe in themselves and do what they have never done before, win.
Thats it right there. Everything else is filler. This is where we find out if they do. All we can do is hope that Sage didnt suck all the belief out with his helicopter impersonation.
I wont ever go away because I am a fan but personally all my belief got thrown up with my beer, blood and lunch with a couple of minutes left in that game.
bigbrewster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-06-2008   #8
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
i'm shocked there was only one of these in this thread..
Old 10-06-2008   #9
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317617 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We need to build a bridge and get over it.
I'm afraid that if you build a bridge, people will jump off it.
Old 10-06-2008   #10
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 127251 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Soft games?

Are you kidding me?

This team has no soft games. We are on the bottom looking up. Every team on our schedule has us as their "soft" game.
Old 10-06-2008   #11
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
Soft games?
Every team on our schedule has us as their "soft" game.
I hope so because that will make it easier for this team to get a surprise win or three. The Texans offense has played well and shown much improvement since the Pittsburgh facial, and the defense got in on the fun against the Colts (finally) and played like we expected them to play on draft day last year. Mario was in Peyton's face repeatedly.

Sadly, the Houston Texans continue to find ways to beat themselves, just as the Oilers used to do. The safest way to win is to convince the other team to take the Texans lightly, which puts us right back where we were going into the 2007 season.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008   #12
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

IDK about the soft teams.

Miami had a tough start to their schedule also...what did they do...they beat both the Pats and Chargers. I'm sure they are 100% confident they will have no problems with the Texans. I'm afraid they will drown any hope for the season for this team. If Bill Belichick wasn't ready for their offense...I really doubt our DC will be ready...
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008   #13
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 57403 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey guys, I understand the frustrations. We have been fed crap for the last 6 years. Every year we seem to have the same conversations. But this year is different. There is something different about this team. We move the ball at ease. We run well, we pass well. Brown can make a 55 yard FG. We are right there about to turn the corner. We almost turned it this week.

Everything that I have been reading has all the players putting this one behind them and moving on to next week. That is exactly what good teams do. Short memories, win or lose.

We will go out this week and take care of Miami, we will go out and take care of Detroit, we will go out and take care of Cinn, Minn, and Baltimore. We will take care of Indy at Indy.

That is my stand.

TEXANRED is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008   #14
nut
All Pro

Rep Power: 165 nut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Hey guys, I understand the frustrations. We have been fed crap for the last 6 years. Every year we seem to have the same conversations. But this year is different. There is something different about this team. We move the ball at ease. We run well, we pass well. Brown can make a 55 yard FG. We are right there about to turn the corner. We almost turned it this week.

Everything that I have been reading has all the players putting this one behind them and moving on to next week. That is exactly what good teams do. Short memories, win or lose.

We will go out this week and take care of Miami, we will go out and take care of Detroit, we will go out and take care of Cinn, Minn, and Baltimore. We will take care of Indy at Indy.

That is my stand.

This team is different? We are 0-4. How is that different? It's not how you lose, it's whether you lose.
nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008   #15
Chicagotexan1
Hall of Fame

Location: In a van down by the river next to another van down by the river
Rep Power: 52 Chicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
The way this season is going I get the feeling that even if we built this bridge we'll probably find a way to destroy it while painting the center lines. We need someone in charge that can bring us change we can believe in regardless of his experience of lack thereof.
Old 10-06-2008   #16
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: We need to build a bridge and get over it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx View Post
IDK about easy. Have you seen the way the dolphins have been playing? Not going to be a cake walk.
!!!!!!!!!!
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008   #17
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

THe fins had kinda a cakewalk sechudle if u ask me IMO

I think it was well know the AFC East has the eaisest Sechudle this year in terms of Oppents Win %
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008   #18
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think I'll get over it when I'm damned good and ready. Right now Houston is on the wrong end of two of the four biggest meltdowns that come to mind at the moment. Eagles/Giants (Herm Edwards TD), Giants/49'ers playoff game in SF (Junkin snaps), and the other two. The current Champs are in two, the current wannabe's in the other two.

I'm dealing with it in my own way, but I'm still processing it. (Just to clarify, I am aware it's a game in the toy section of life)
Old 10-06-2008   #19
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't really know how to feel at this point to be honest. I missed the game yesterday because i was traveling back to Dallas. I am kind of glad to be honest and I am not a sadist enough to watch it either.

The sports fans laughed at me today at work. I'm embarrassed for the team and the rest of us who claim to still be fans.

My initial thoughts that I've been able to post right now. The Sage for President club can officially go screw themselves.I bet we could've gotten someone productive for that 3rd rounder the Vikes offered us.

This team better circle the wagons and come out on fire the rest of the year. I hope this game stings at the back of their heads every time they think of giving up so they remember to push that much more. I hope they find some way to make such a pathetic stretch of football turn into something we can be proud of the rest of the year. I want to say this team is full of guys who can make that turn but... atm... i seriously have my doubts.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read