Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-06-2008   #21
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 27501 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan
Default Re: Nice guys finish last

Poor Joker, it'll be ok man. Have you considered a career as a Priest? I realize you are feeling a ton of pressure, and need release. I'd offer a hand, but er
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008   #22
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurstexanstros View Post
Really? Nice guys finish last...think real hard about this one I mean real hard.

( Hint: I follow a bunch of winning nice guys)
The Spurs are far from nice guys. Do they say the right things...SURE...just like the Pats. They seem nice off the field...but they are not. On the field they will do anything it takes to win.

I've said yesterday that Kubes biggest problem is that...his team is proud of their performance after the game...and the Colts players are disappointed with themselves.

I can argue that our guys are proud of their performance because once they are FAs they will have some nice stats to put on their resume. Kubes is a smart football coach I keep saying this time and time again. I just wonder if he brings the mentality it takes to win football games. We don't know for sure because once again...some teams look nice off the field but are not exactly on it.

This is why I would not be against signing or trading for a big loudmouth FA on either side of the ball. But Kubes shouldn't be saying he's proud of his team. I know they played well and one guy lost the game for the whole team, but they lost...so he should be saying they did not play well enough to win and draw every inch of talent out of these guys.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008   #23
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94174 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Really? Nice guys finish last...think real hard about this one I mean real hard.

( Hint: I follow a bunch of winning nice guys)
The Spurs have never been nice guys on the court. Rodman was around there for a while and he was not a NICE GUY. Malik Rose was never a nice guy with his hustle and physical play.

Oh, and that guy that plays for them right now named Bowens, he isn't a nice guy by any stretch of the imagaination. He's as dirty of a player that I've ever seen. Oh, and you're coach is not a NICE GUY either. Duncan is not a guy, he's a quiet and boring guy but he has a killer instinct to win.

I'll tell you what the Spurs are. They are a team of SMART GUYS, and that is why they win and stay successful. Popavich is about as stern and mean as any coach out there, but he's a very smart one that doesn't lose games for his teams. He is probably the most underrated NBA coach of all time. Bowens might be maybe the most dirty player in the NBA, but he surely acts like one of the nicest off the court and is very smart about how he plays dirty. Again, SMART GUYS not nice guys. Bowens acts about as innocent as a nun when being interviewed and asked about what others say about him and he comes off quite well even though he lies right through his teeth. The Spurs have been a smart team and an efficient one that is boring. Not a nice one by any means.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008   #24
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo View Post
I coulda told you guys that a long, long time ago...
Me too! I have been saying this for awhile now.

Thats why my offseason plan includes 2 fierce competitors.
1.) Sign FA Albert Haynesworth. He is the kind of player you hate, if hes not on youre team. He is mean and nasty and plays borderline dirty. He is also the reason the Tacks D is one of if not the best in the NFL. I would love to see some of that rub off on Mario and Ryans.

2.) Draft Rey Maualaga USC. This guy also plays with the kind of fire that ignites teamates. Lets see teams run the ball up the middle on these guys. Bet teams would think twice about going for it on 4th down with hese 2 in there.
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008   #25
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 2317 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
The Spurs have never been nice guys on the court. Rodman was around there for a while and he was not a NICE GUY. Malik Rose was never a nice guy with his hustle and physical play.

Oh, and that guy that plays for them right now named Bowens, he isn't a nice guy by any stretch of the imagaination. He's as dirty of a player that I've ever seen. Oh, and you're coach is not a NICE GUY either. Duncan is not a guy, he's a quiet and boring guy but he has a killer instinct to win.

I'll tell you what the Spurs are. They are a team of SMART GUYS, and that is why they win and stay successful. Popavich is about as stern and mean as any coach out there, but he's a very smart one that doesn't lose games for his teams. He is probably the most underrated NBA coach of all time. Bowens might be maybe the most dirty player in the NBA, but he surely acts like one of the nicest off the court and is very smart about how he plays dirty. Again, SMART GUYS not nice guys. Bowens acts about as innocent as a nun when being interviewed and asked about what others say about him and he comes off quite well even though he lies right through his teeth. The Spurs have been a smart team and an efficient one that is boring. Not a nice one by any means.
They were the nice guys till they started winning then everyone hated their game called it boring and then every one hates them. There was national headlines that said Nice guys finish first or who said nice guys finish last I cant remember. Your right it has nothing to do with being the nice guys....it has to do with playing a smart fundamentally sound game. that is what the Texans need. hmmm what I need is to pop in a Spurs dvd to cheer me up.
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008   #26
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
They were the nice guys till they started winning then everyone hated their game called it boring and then every one hates them. There was national headlines that said Nice guys finish first or who said nice guys finish last I cant remember. Your right it has nothing to do with being the nice guys....it has to do with playing a smart fundamentally sound game. that is what the Texans need. hmmm what I need is to pop in a Spurs dvd to cheer me up.
Enjoy it now because once the season start the only thing you'll be seeing is Rocket Red!!!! Go Rockets!!!!
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read