Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-01-2008   #1
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35038 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected
Default This Sunday

I have a feeling Reliant is going to be explosive. Not Saints back in Superdome explosive, but you catch my drift...

Pretty generic thread I know.

GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008   #2
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: This Sunday

Whoever is going to this game needs to cheer their butts off like there's no tomorrow. This is going to sound lame but its up to the 12th mens to help the Texans, especially their gutter-like defense. Be loud, be proud, be a Texans! (I should make commercial for this team right?)
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008   #3
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4662 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think you're right....
IF . . .
Houston can come out and take the lead
Play better than they have ever played
not make stupid mistakes
coaches show they are worth something
etc. . . But if some of these things happen it will be explosive. Fans at reliant have a way of not being excited when the Texans are losing. probably why its hardly ever loud.
Old 10-01-2008   #4
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35038 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

This is the longest (besides the Saints) that a team has had to play away from their actual home (not having a home game in a different stadium). It's going to be loud as hell.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008   #5
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 19952 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post
Whoever is going to this game needs to cheer their butts off like there's no tomorrow. This is going to sound lame but its up to the 12th mens to help the Texans, especially their gutter-like defense. Be loud, be proud, be a Texans! (I should make commercial for this team right?)
I will be there, just like every home game. I will scream defence until I nearly puke, just like every home game before. Maybe y'all should come too.
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008   #6
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope so. . .

I am wondering if a bunch of people wont even bother to show up, given our "lack luster" start of the season we've had.

I hope that isn't the case, I hope every seat is full.
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008   #7
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

We're 0-3, and based on the frustration on this board of DIE HARD Texans fans, I think its safe to say that there are going to be plenty of people choosing tv over live
Old 10-02-2008   #8
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 137304 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

I would love to be there. Sorry I'm going to miss it.
Old 10-02-2008   #9
will742
Nukkkk

Rep Power: 102 will742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to will742

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
This is the longest (besides the Saints) that a team has had to play away from their actual home (not having a home game in a different stadium). It's going to be loud as hell.
The Bills and 1 other team had to open up Oct. 9th following the September 11th tragedy. Butttt that shouldn't change anything. I'm going to be there, and I plan on leaving with no voice.
will742 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008   #10
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
We're 0-3, and based on the frustration on this board of DIE HARD Texans fans, I think its safe to say that there are going to be plenty of people choosing tv over live
I think the turnout will be fine. We start to forget the losses come this time of the week and start getting our hopes up again. ts been a very long time since we have last played a home game. Not to mention its the Colts and Manning and this weather is fricking beautiful.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008   #11
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 24956 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm sure there will be plenty of colts fan as well, it's the season opener, people will be there, why not ***** amongst your peers instead of on this board
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008   #12
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10689 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Woo I will be yelling as loud as i can! Really excited up texans fans make me proud!
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008   #13
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 110481 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

There will also be a loud simultaneous GASP when Ahman Green steps on to the field. That alone, could blow the rest of the roof off.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008   #14
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post
Whoever is going to this game needs to cheer their butts off like there's no tomorrow.
We do!!

Signed,

The Bull Pen.
Old 10-02-2008   #15
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
I think the turnout will be fine. We start to forget the losses come this time of the week and start getting our hopes up again. ts been a very long time since we have last played a home game. Not to mention its the Colts and Manning and this weather is fricking beautiful.

I agree. I have been in a bad football mood all week but I went from thinking about giving my tickets to a Colts fan at work to thinking about getting a blue jersey for the game.

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008   #16
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 406301 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

The TDC will be there LOUD & PROUD!!
Old 10-02-2008   #17
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
The TDC will be there LOUD & PROUD!!
I will be watching to make sure !! Don't let me see you slack off either !!
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008   #18
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 406301 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie View Post
I will be watching to make sure !! Don't let me see you slack off either !!
I do have to make the exception if the Colts go up 21-0 in the first quarter. Yelling and screaming would seem pointless.
Old 10-02-2008   #19
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 561 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start On # 69 View Post
There will also be a loud simultaneous GASP when Ahman Green steps on to the field. That alone, could blow the rest of the roof off.
Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008   #20
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 177962 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

I believe in the Texas so much this week, I picked up Schaub from waivers and he's starting on my FFB team. If he does well, he may become my permanent starter. So there's extra incentive for him with this game, obviously. Ya hear that, Matt?!

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read