Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-01-2008   #21
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Tryout 8 DB's

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
I know Terrence Holt is Torry's younger brother and I thought he was decent when i saw him play before for Carolina I think...
Carolina fans were upset on letting him go. They thought he did pretty well during pre-season... plus the fact that Torry said he wanted to play with his bother also made their fans want to keep him around.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008   #22
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185617 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe the Texans should go this route searching for a new DC ... I can see the headline now :

Quote:
Texans searching for new DC

Texans in search of DC with "balls that clank"

The Houston Texans extended their search for a new defensive coordinator to include eight guy's off the street. It is assumed that all of those candidates for the position are an upgrade over Dick.
Link

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008   #23
Texan JBZ
Da Sip's Finest

Rep Power: 1065 Texan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post
Carolina fans were upset on letting him go. They thought he did pretty well during pre-season... plus the fact that Torry said he wanted to play with his bother also made their fans want to keep him around.
Yeah, I think Holt will be a great addition to the secondary. Godfrey took of like a rocket when he was placed in the lineup for the Panthers. He could be at least a 1-2 year answer at FS for the Texans.
Old 10-01-2008   #24
JWarren14
Beer Me

Section: 516 Row B
Rep Power: 844 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to JWarren14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
funny last time i saw abdullah he was whiffing on an easy tackle on OD on 3rd down last december that allowed us to keep the chains moving
Did he look like Diles?
Old 10-01-2008   #25
jgl35
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1760 jgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respected

Nick Graham 5-10 195 ufa in 07 from the U. of Tulsa
Nick made the Eagles in 07 as a PS player. Made roster after first game in 07 as the number 4 cb and played in 15 games. Lost roster spot when Samual was signed and could nor beat Joselio Hanson for 4th cb in camp.

Nick has some upside. Sure tackler and did see some plays at Safety. Had a lot of special team tackles. Downside is speed, which is about avrage at best. Doesn't have closing speed you would like in a cb.

Fontnot was in the Eagles camp this summer. Went to college at Fresno State. Don't think you want another one from there.
jgl35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008   #26
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
If there is one thing theTexans have, it is cuttable players. If they cut Ahman Green for instance, how much production have they lost for the rest of the year? They may look short on running backs on roster printouts, but they'd be no shorter on the field.
This is a great post. Humorous until the truth of it sinks in.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read