Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-30-2008   #41
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Who absolutely needs to be cut from this team next year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually after this season weaver is not to expensive to cut. I am not sure what anyone expects out of Weaver but he is not going to record any sacks or put up numbers when the Defensive Coordinator has him dropping back into coverage and sending a LB (Richards version of the Blitz).

As far as no depth, the depth is better than it was since Kubiak and now Rick Smith got here.

Getting rid of these players and saying they all suck kinda reminds me of how everyone blasted Gaffney and saying how much he sucked (including me). Now in threads I seem him being brought as a huge mistake by letting him go. Of course you can not have it both ways, so I would say Palmer and Capers and YKW were at fault there. So here we are again having a hard time of evaluating talent because of the scheme that is being run.
Well let's be fair about this...the guy had a free shot at big ben, know what I mean by free there...nothing between him a Big Ben but air....and he was like a deer in the head lights. For someone who is supposed to be the anchor against the run, he gets hooked a lot. So he can't run. Can't hold the edge and hasn't got the wheels anymore to get to the QB. Yeah it's all the demon's schemes. The guy got grace the first two years because he was dinged. But he's stealin' Bob McNairs money now. Greenwood was always a marginal athlete. The word is out now and every OC in the league is looking to get Marlon locked one on one with their speed. That's not going to change until they bench him. Or he retires. This is Marlon's last stand. Texans cut him he's done.

Last edited by threetoedpete; 09-30-2008 at 01:04 PM.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008   #42
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
Ahmann Green-Cant stay healthy
Chis Brown
Jacoby Jones
Chester Pitts-is time has run up
Ephraim Salaam
Eric Winston
Earl Cochran
DelJuan Robinson
Morlon Greenwood
C. C. Brown
Demarcus Faggins
Antwaun Molden
Harry Williams-Bless his heart

and dont ask me on who to replace these guys because i dont know hopefully better players from around the league or Free agents and draft picks
Well throw enough darts and all. Winston is the best Rt for my money in the league today...Don't know what you're watching there big guy. Salaam is doing what he was supposed to do when he first got here...be the swing tackle. After putting it on the line for us for two seasons...if Kubiak is still here Salaam isn't going anywhere. Pitts was absolutely horrible last year. He's lost the weight and dealin' some misery on the second level this year.

Jacoby Jones has had a sold three games. Time for Kubes to take him out of the dog house and feed the puppy with some plays and touches.

You replace them with draft choices and free agents. Now just using Molden and Adibi as a barameter...
going to be three or four games before you see the # 2, #3 draft pick on the field. Unless Taylor stops the fumbling...they have to draft a complimentary RB for Salton, A Will linebacker to replace Greenwood and a competent DE to run Weaver out of town. They hit two starters with the first three picks, that would be a very good draft.

Last edited by threetoedpete; 09-30-2008 at 03:12 AM.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008   #43
texanfreak
Rookie

Rep Power: 17 texanfreak is on the Hall of Fame Ballottexanfreak is on the Hall of Fame Ballottexanfreak is on the Hall of Fame Ballottexanfreak is on the Hall of Fame Ballottexanfreak is on the Hall of Fame Ballottexanfreak is on the Hall of Fame Ballottexanfreak is on the Hall of Fame Ballottexanfreak is on the Hall of Fame Ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
no, hes the head of pro scouting and the main guy behind our fabled Free Agent pick ups such as Charlie Clemons, Matt Stevens, Jay Foreman, Todd Wade, Stacey Mack, James Allen, Robaire Smith and Jordan Black. I'd rather him kick my dog...my dog can defend himself.
O.K as long as he didn't steal your pot. lol
texanfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008   #44
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3990 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
Pitts was absolutely horrible last year. He's lost the weight and dealin' some misery on the second level this year.
I haven't seen much of that, but I have seen him get pushed backwards by DT's on run plays a few times too many for my liking.

I think another poster put it best. He is a quality backup, capable of playing multiple positions on the O-Line.

Maybe next year he will be replaced as a starter by a better LG and fulfill the role of a backup OL.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read