Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-28-2008   #21
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7351 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Official "Bring Dayne Back!" Thread

part of the problem with the Dayne train is that it takes him a full season to get back into shape. By then he's decent, but we don't have the time to break him in.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008   #22
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 4279 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
The logic being used is acutely pointed at Ron Dayne and the current market. If this is just a Thunder and Lightning discussion then sure he is a candidate. But I thought I was commenting in a thread about a hopeful acquistion that would give us a chance to win. That is not Dayne.
Who then, if not Dayne, of the available RB's on the market can improve our chances of winning? Do you think we need a guy to wear down the defense? If so, do you think Taylor is doing a good job at it? If not, are you expecting Green to fill the role?

Those are the types of questions I want to be discussed here.
Old 09-28-2008   #23
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 206631 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
Bye Bye Green, welcome back Mr. Choo Choo
If the Texans would CUT AwwwMan Green .... I'd be just fine with picking up Dayne .

As for the roster spot opened up by CC.Browns injury , I want to see Smith find someone to help out in the secondary. If I remember correctly there was a guy cut who might be able to help this secondary .... (John Lynch)

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008   #24
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 94067 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I for one don't know if I believe you need a guy to 'wear down the defense'.

You wear down a defense by keeping them on the field for extended periods of time, you do this by getting first downs, in theory the best running back will get the most first downs, hence the question we are asking is Dayne the best back out there at getting first downs? Slaton at the moment appears to be the best at that, so doesn't he wear the defense down himself?
Old 09-28-2008   #25
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

No-one signed Lynch yet? I say we go for him, lets get mean on D!
Old 09-28-2008   #26
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 77701 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Ron haz talent.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read