Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2008   #1
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Gameday Thread: Texans @ Jags

we badly need this one to finish our road trips with something. nearly as winnable as last weeks except the jags have a better offence and worse D than the titans. it'll be interesting to se how schaub, aj and the o-line bounce back after a bad start to the season..

please guys end this cycle of feeling sh1tty in the early part of the week after a bad beating getting excited about a game from thursday on

go texans!
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008   #2
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Gameday Thread: Texans @ Jags

I think this one will be closer than the previous two. If we pull it out, momentum would be in our favor coming into the home opener next week.

Go Texans!
Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008   #3
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Let's get this going a little early. (I couldn't bring myself to say "party started.")

Anyone remember these Jacksonville Community College remedial schooler's from a couple of years ago??

"All the way from J-Ville to H-town"

Jags - Texans in Houston 2007. Love the red jerseys.

Signed,
Wishing the game was in Houston.
Old 09-28-2008   #4
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 263877 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's to being 1-2 at 3PM today.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008   #5
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 9888 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: Gameday Thread: Texans @ Jags

I feel good about this game
Giant Tiger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008   #6
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4662 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant Tiger View Post
I feel good about this game
i'm still feeling naucious over the last 2 games
Old 09-28-2008   #7
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 22796 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

I believe in the Texans to pull out a win today. And Steve Slaton will be doing alot of today.
Old 09-28-2008   #8
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 84240 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

After the past two games, I'm not going to get too hyped up for this one. I'm just gonna go with the flow.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008   #9
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Same. I'm just taking this one slow, but I hope for the best! I said we'll win this one.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008   #10
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Just a sidenote. Emmitt needs to shutup about the Cowboys for just a minute and do his job.

Had to get that out. Carry on.
Old 09-28-2008   #11
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans roll today in a laugher.
Old 09-28-2008   #12
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 4279 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Every game is a Texans win unless the other team proves otherwise. That's how I see it.

Old 09-28-2008   #13
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 74971 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Feels good to be back at home (for me) with power with the good guys on my 65". Time to crack a cold one for my pre-game warm-up
Old 09-28-2008   #14
NorCal Texan
Rookie

Texans win by 10 on the road. 75-100 for Slaton. AJ, Walter, and OD show up. The Jags are average of the edges so Schaub should have time. Texans win and a Titans and Jags loss and everything doesn't looks so bad. Go Texans
NorCal Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008   #15
jb66er
Rookie

I think we can win this game on the ground, Schaub needs to be mistake free today, this could be a do or die game for him.

Sig by Lork88
jb66er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008   #16
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Starting FS and OLB(SLB?), Reggie Nelson and Justin Durant, is out for the jags. This is Schaub chance to redeem himself, Jags D is significantly weaker from last year, not to mention much weaker then the Steelers or Titans D.

Owen Daniels should have a big game, Durant was their fast linebacker, now that he's out I don't see anybody able to cover Daniels. Slaton should do pretty well, now that Stroud is gone their run D has gone down a notch. I'm glad to hear Andre Davis is going to get more plays going to him, so far he's playing like our best WR. I want our first offensive play to be a deep bomb to either one of the Andres, just to test them out early. I think it might even have a good chance of success too.

Defensively, well we know their O-line is a mess. Garrard looks pretty cruddy so far this year, like I predicted. Their RB are playing injured. Their WR are non-existent. I think Jerry Porter is back for this game though.

With all that said, I think we're going to have our first win today, 33-21 Texans.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008   #17
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 4561 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post
Starting FS and OLB(SLB?), Reggie Nelson and Justin Durant, is out for the jags. This is Schaub chance to redeem himself, Jags D is significantly weaker from last year, not to mention much weaker then the Steelers or Titans D.

Owen Daniels should have a big game, Durant was their fast linebacker, now that he's out I don't see anybody able to cover Daniels. Slaton should do pretty well, now that Stroud is gone their run D has gone down a notch. I'm glad to hear Andre Davis is going to get more plays going to him, so far he's playing like our best WR. I want our first offensive play to be a deep bomb to either one of the Andres, just to test them out early. I think it might even have a good chance of success too.

Defensively, well we know their O-line is a mess. Garrard looks pretty cruddy so far this year, like I predicted. Their RB are playing injured. Their WR are non-existent. I think Jerry Porter is back for this game though.

With all that said, I think we're going to have our first win today, 33-21 Texans.
I hope so i need a win. oh hey Amobi......14 sacks....you may want to get a start on that!!!!
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008   #18
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurstexanstros View Post
I hope so i need a win. oh hey Amobi......14 sacks....you may want to get a start on that!!!!
If Amobi is anything like we thought he was in the off-season, then he needs to show it today. He's not going to see a more depleted interior o-line then he is today. I think their starting OGs and C are out for them.

C'mon Amobi, make JBZ finally eat some crows.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008   #19
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Ahman Green inactive, will he play another snap this season?
Old 09-28-2008   #20
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm ready for this Gibbs running game to get untracked. this will help Schaub in the passing game & from getting killed. specificly I'll be watching Duane Brown & Pitts pulling with Slayton hitting cut-back lanes

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read