Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-25-2008   #1
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Richard Justice covers Kubiak - Up Close & Personal

He quoted the late Jack Elway, who once told him: “I knew it was time for me to get out of coaching when wins were a relief and losses were agony.”
“My balance is my family,” he said. “My deal is trying to make sure these other coaches find a balance, too. That concerns me. You’re going, going, going and don’t have that carrot at the end of the week.”
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/6021592.html
Many of you don't like Justice, can't stand him you say. OK, don't read the
article. I think he's about as good at what he does as anybody in town (maybe that's the problem when his competition is the likes of John McClain), so you might want to check out his story ?
BTW, I have no sympathy for Kubiak. He's by now a multi-million, at the very least, set for life financially speaking. And at a relatively young age.
So I don't give a damn if he's a native of the area and an Aggie. I say dump him and hire somebody else after he's had a sufficient length of time to produce a winner. Whatever that is, but lets hope that McNair is more decisive in that area than he was with the Capers regime. If it comes to that.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008   #2
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 63823 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Richard Justice covers Kubiak - Up Close & Personal

I liked the 'work smarter, not harder' statement in the feedback area.

Sisyphus is working hard but he's not getting anywhere either.
Old 09-25-2008   #3
Polo

Is that Greek mythology ?

*Yes it is, just looked it up...
Old 09-25-2008   #4
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 150044 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
I liked the 'work smarter, not harder' statement in the feedback area.

Sisyphus is working hard but he's not getting anywhere either.
LOL! Good ole Runner!

Quote:
Sisyphus was a king punished in Tartarus by being cursed to roll a huge boulder up a hill, only to watch it roll down again, and to repeat this throughout eternity.
Quote:
Sisyphus promoted navigation and commerce, but was avaricious and deceitful, violating the laws of hospitality by killing travelers and guests. He took pleasure in these killings because they allowed him to maintain his dominant position
Old 09-25-2008   #5
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 77507 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

"Sisyphus promoted navigation and commerce, but was avaricious and deceitful, violating the laws of hospitality by killing travelers and guests. He took pleasure in these killings because they allowed him to maintain his dominant position."

Our D could take lessons from this guy..

Old 09-25-2008   #6
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16557 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

We can have a musical chair of coaches

its not going to change the win loss factor

its up to the players IMO
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008   #7
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
We can have a musical chair of coaches

its not going to change the win loss factor

its up to the players IMO
So we can just do away with coaches then and let players play? I'm sure all the owners in the NFL will be pleased to know about all the money they can save on coaches' salaries when they learn that coaches don't change the win loss factor.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-25-2008   #8
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuppacoffee View Post
Quote:

"Sisyphus promoted navigation and commerce, but was avaricious and deceitful, violating the laws of hospitality by killing travelers and guests. He took pleasure in these killings because they allowed him to maintain his dominant position."

Our D could take lessons from this guy..

I wonder just who Sisyphus reminds me of.
Old 09-25-2008   #9
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 58125 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
I wonder just who Sisyphus reminds me of.
reminds me of this

Quote:
Sisyphus Barleywine Ale (winter release) bottles,draught
Intense and warming, Sisyphus was Real Ale's first seasonal product. A healthy portion of hops balances the rich toffee undertones of the malt. Weighing in around 11% ABV, Sisyphus Barleywine is not for the faint of heart - makes a great nightcap!
ABV: 10 - 11%, IBU: 77, OG(plato): 24

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008   #10
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Cool article from RJ...did I just say that???
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008   #11
Dancerdog
Rookie

Rep Power: 9 Dancerdog was voted MVPDancerdog was voted MVPDancerdog was voted MVP

I'm not ready to see Kubiak walk the plank yet either. The W/L ratio has improved each year. One thing I would do is tear whosever ass up that tells him whether to challenge the play with the red flag. That genius has got to go!
Dancerdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008   #12
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 631 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Credit where credit is due - even if it is RJ. That was a good column.

Quote:
“I’ve got a group of guys working unbelievably hard, and there’s not a thing that happened against Tennessee we can’t fix. Honestly, I feel that way.”
That gives me hope on this lovely sunshine and lollipops week. That is the rainbow's end. So, let's fix it and start winning.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008   #13
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 4561 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

when did the board become an episode of "Hercules, the Legenday Journies"?

thats almost as bad as some one refrencing turpited in the wrong way.....hey I am not supposed to rip myself.

Sisyphus ... geez.
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008   #14
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 63823 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurstexanstros View Post
thats almost as bad as some one refrencing turpited in the wrong way.....hey I am not supposed to rip myself.

OK, that was funny since I knew it was you.

Note I'm sporting a new avatar.
Old 09-26-2008   #15
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 110436 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

I refuse to read anything he writes. My aviator tells u what I think of him.
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008   #16
hadaad
All Pro

Rep Power: 396 hadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope this is a new era for Richard Justice. Maybe he came to the conclusion that he wasn't doing a very good job and pulled his top part from his middle part.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read