Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-24-2008   #61
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Pitts' comments

This is Chester saying calm the EFF down. Its only game two after playing two of the best defenses in the league on the road while having to deal with alot of new moving parts.......not to mention having to deal with the likes of IKE. The season is FAR from lost.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008   #62
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
It only took him until his sixth year in the league to get that first win as a starter...
Yeah, but...

We're talking about 2007 and 2008 here. Kerry Collins was labeled a bust, too, and he beat us last Sunday. So, the whole idea that journeyman QB can't get over the top is not really a solid one (to me).

In our situation, Sage has been outplaying Matt Schaub for awhile now.

Someone else says, according to his messages to me, that he never thought Schaub was all that special...he says he thought Schaub was better than Sage last year. Oh, and he throws in the disclaimer of "When Schaub was healthy and had AJ, too." Out of the two guys, I'd throw my lot in with Sage. He'd throw interceptions, he's lose games, too. But he runs this team better, and people know it. Losing two draft picks is what has some people refusing to accept that the gamble didn't pay off and WON'T pay off, IMO.

I supported Carr and wanted to see what he could do with a different coach (Kubiak). Turns out, the rest of the team is not as bad as a BAD quarterback can make them look. We have the same thing happening, and the fact that Schaub saw no need in sporting a jersey number other than #8 is a brutal twist of foreshadowing. I mean, this should have been Priority Number 1 for both Schaub and the FO: "Number 8 is no bueno."

I can not figure out why there is such a disdain for Sage Rosenfels, as if he hasn't earned anything. Dude should have demanded a trade or release this past offseason. Of course, as I have said in my other posts on this topic: Sage knew he'd be in the cockpit by about week 4 or 5 anyways, so might as well stay with the Texans rather than chaging scenery.

Last edited by GP; 09-24-2008 at 11:41 AM.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008   #63
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Rosenfels IS a career back-up... Schaub is just a couple of games away from being a career back-up.
Old 09-24-2008   #64
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Rosenfels IS a career back-up... Schaub is just a couple of games away from being a career back-up.
I won't argue that.

But in Texans Land, where Kubiak is the mayor and McNair is the governor, Sage is better than Schaub. No doubt in my mind.

Who would look better leading the Vikings: Sage or Schaub? I'd say Sage would beat out Schaub on any team. Sage won't beat out the vast majority of other starters on other teams...I'm not that delusional.

I just see THIS team, the ONLY team I support and follow with my heart and soul (hmmm....) as being in better hands TODAY with Sage rather than Schaub.
Old 09-24-2008   #65
GP 
Go Texans!

I don't want to stray off this thread's topic, though.

So...I am looking forward to seeing how the team plays vs. Jax.

If Schaub plays well, and the sack numbers and/or hurries are limited, then there will be the usual collective sigh of relief around here. Pitts will have looked like a genius for saying what he said.

Which is a cyclical thing, btw. LOL. Texans always seem to give their fans a breather, give them hope, and then WHAM! another punch to the gut of sanity.
Old 09-24-2008   #66
Chance_C
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4104 Chance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
i don't want to stray off this thread's topic, though.
lol!!
Old 09-24-2008   #67
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I'd say Sage would beat out Schaub on any team.

Signed,

The Washington Redskins and Miami Dolphins

Neither quarterback has enough starts under their belts to be one full season. One guy is about to turn 30 and one guy 28. One guy has been given an opportunity to start (prior to joining the Texans); One guy is getting the opportunity now.

I have noticed the reference to a 4-1 record. Can you tell me what 5 starts those were?
Old 09-24-2008   #68
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Guys--talk about the thread and the Texans and not each other.
Old 09-24-2008   #69
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Will do. You look great
Old 09-24-2008   #70
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
"It's nuthin' but the straight and narrow, from now on, for me."

-- Oh Brother Where Art Thou
Old 09-24-2008   #71
jdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 17 jdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
This is Chester saying calm the EFF down. Its only game two after playing two of the best defenses in the league on the road while having to deal with alot of new moving parts.......not to mention having to deal with the likes of IKE. The season is FAR from lost.
You are probably right, but I have a problem with this thinking. You hear winning teams absolutely freaking out about the possibility of starting the season 0-2, but we're just like, "Hey, calm down. It's a long season. There's plenty more games." This is the mentality that loses games for us when we're playing people that are focused on clawing their way to a win at the end of the game no matter what it takes. Maybe our guys are in the fourth quarter thinking, "Hey, there's plenty more games." Next thing you know, it's, "Hey, there's always next season."
jdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008   #72
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't worry, next year we can get back to 2-14. Everything will be fine.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008   #73
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Am I the only one who's old enough to have been able to listen to the Ray Childress show in the early 90's ?

His host was Ed Fowler I think on 740 . If the Oilers lost Ray was a big grouch . He'd would have answered the Schaub question with probably " I don't know I'm just trying to do my job " .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008   #74
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
Chester needs to shut up and block someone. He is saying the right things but to try and turn it around on us fans and act like we are to blame for the criticism is just stinkin' thinkin'.

Anyone getting criticism at this point, deserves that criticism. The team has not been competitive and has played with little or not fire and about zilch leadership.

I like Matt....a lot. The guy just isn't getting the job done and if Pitts wants to act like things are fine and that the fans are making a mountain out of a molehill, that is his right....but he is wrong.

I just want to start over. It's obvious Kubiak isn't going to lead us to the playoffs much less the Super Bowl anytime soon, so what the hell are we waiting for. Can his ass and get someone who has the credentials and respect around the league....oh and someone whose Rolodex could populate a coaching staff better than Kubiak's make-do staff.

Coaching is probably the most important aspect of a team right behind the QB position and the organization needs some new blood. And Matt needs to change his jersey number because not only does his jersey share the same number of HWSNBN but his play is practically identical this year.

Hire Cowher, Jimmy J, Schottenheimer, hell I would even take Barry Switzer. Just someone that can actually inspire the troops and get a team fired up. It's obvious Kubiak can't do that because this is Year 3 and the team still comes out flat 9 out of 10 games.
OK for the twentieth time ....every time and I mean every time you make a major change in a team....like at QB, it costs you five years. We are in our third year of hell from the D change and the he who should not be named change. So what you are telling me when you post this type of crap is A. You know absolutely nothing about football. And B. you've got the attention span of a two year old. I got it. You're impatient and now want to begin another five year run of starting over. It's stoopid on it's face. Eventually, you make a stand and let the GD thing play out.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read