Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-23-2008   #21
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90172 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Whiskey or Milk Shakes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Peppers is only 28 years old. That's over the hill? If that's over the hill then Strahan would've been in a wheelchair in his Depend under garments.

BTW, I think Fat Al is only a year younger than Peppers. Nice call. LOL
Ageed - Peppers clearly had a subpar year in '07, but he had 13 sacks in '06, and calling one guy "in his prime", while calling another guy who's less than one year older "Over the Hill" strikes me as a little bit off base.

That said, I'd rather see how Peppers looks over the remaining 13 games before I say anything about wanting him as a FA acquisition. I believe Young Texan Fan started a thread proposing Terrell Suggs as the top FA target for next year, and I think that's pretty interesting also.

Finally, Haynesworth scares me not because of his checkered past (although I think the idea of thuggishness being a PLUS is ignorant), but because I don't remember him in the conversation for the best DT in the league prior to last year when he was playing for a contract. The Franchise tag put him in a situation to be playing for a contract for a second year in a row, but if he gets a big payday starting in '09, I wonder if he reverts back to the form of his first 5 years in the league, where to the best of my recollection, he was solid, but never even made a Pro-Bowl, and typically wasn't included when you talked top DLs/DTs.
Old 09-23-2008   #22
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
What makes any of you think that Albert would want to come to the Texans? IMO he thinks this organization is a joke.
I doubt AH leaves the Titans. He was given an incentive based 1 year extention while they work out the kinks. He will return and hey we might be a certain QB less in salary cap by the end of the season so that would help.

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.

Last edited by Blazing Arrow; 09-23-2008 at 06:28 PM.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008   #23
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 22796 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
I doubt AH leaves the Titans. He was given an incentive based 1 year extention while they would out the kinds. He will return and hey we might be a certain QB less in salary cap by the end of the season so that would help.
Certainly not sausage boy though. He just wins!
Old 09-23-2008   #24
Spled
All Pro

Rep Power: 51 Spled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't see Tennessee letting him get away. He defines their defense.
Spled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008   #25
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
You'd rather have an over-the-hill DE than the best DL in the game, who's in his prime?

I understand the cap implication complicate the situation, but I think the disparity in a age and talent trumps that factor in this case.
Actually Peppers has been looking very good this season. Of course Haynesworth would be a good option, but no way in hell he'd come to the Texans. Plus, a lot of us "die-hards" wouldn't want to see fat albert in a Texan's uniform.
Old 09-23-2008   #26
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Certainly not sausage boy though. He just wins!
Can't win games if you are not willing to get on the field.

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008   #27
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 191640 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSofA04 View Post
Actually Peppers has been looking very good this season. Of course Haynesworth would be a good option, but no way in hell he'd come to the Texans. Plus, a lot of us "die-hards" wouldn't want to see fat albert in a Texan's uniform.
I dunno which I would find worse ....

Albert Putos an Astro

or

Fat Albert a Texan

No doubt both could help the teams in question but .... I just dont think I could stomach it .... It just wouldnt be right.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read