Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-12-2008   #21
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 226347 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ray Rhodes for Defensive Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Ray Rhodes probably suffers mild coronary problems just watching Richard Smith sweat and tremble over each play he's radio'ing down to the field.

Kinda' like the Jerry Jones commercial where he snatches the headset from the yawning Cowboys' coordinator up in the press box: Ray ought to yank the headset away from Richard and let him sit out a few plays. Take a breather.
I know I do.
Old 09-22-2008   #22
pittbull3
Veteran

Rep Power: 13 pittbull3 could be on the next Madden coverpittbull3 could be on the next Madden coverpittbull3 could be on the next Madden coverpittbull3 could be on the next Madden coverpittbull3 could be on the next Madden coverpittbull3 could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
I think that it is preposterous that you would honestly believe that the Texans would hire Ray Rhodes to lock him up for a year with the intention of giving him the Defensive Co-ordinator role after the season.

I don’t believe for a moment that our front office is dumb enough or cheap enough to hurt potential success on the field by letting the guy they want to be the DC rot on the sideline.

Rhodes like Gibbs is an old feller who can’t handle the huge stress that being a Head Coach or co-ordinator entails, so they come in to support those in the job with their experience.

I think that Richard Smith is locked in as DC for the rest of the year at least. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him here next year either. Stability and loyalty seems to be high on McNair’s priorities, I could be proven wrong, but only time will tell.

Actually, I got great sources that tell me Rhodes was brought in for the reasons I previously mentioned. Sorry but Richard Smith will not be around. If he is, Kubiak may not be around much longer!
pittbull3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008   #23
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittbull3 View Post
Actually, I got great sources that tell me Rhodes was brought in for the reasons I previously mentioned. Sorry but Richard Smith will not be around. If he is, Kubiak may not be around much longer!
First you say you have "great sources" that say Rhodes will be DC, then you follow up with an "If he is"?

Which is it? Who are your sources?
Old 09-22-2008   #24
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 134301 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm ready for some Martyball....crying about not being able to win our playoff game sure sounds appealing to a fan base that has never gone to the Super Bowl in 40 years of pro football in Houston and a Texans team that can't even sniff the playoffs in 7 years of a new franchise.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008   #25
brickman
Rookie

Rep Power: 9 brickman was voted MVPbrickman was voted MVPbrickman was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I'm ready for some Martyball....crying about not being able to win our playoff game sure sounds appealing to a fan base that has never gone to the Super Bowl in 40 years of pro football in Houston and a Texans team that can't even sniff the playoffs in 7 years of a new franchise.

I would take Marty in a New York minute. Kubes looks like he is just lost on the sidelines ... and the results show on both sides of the ball. This is just very frustrating ...... what looked like we were improving as a team has just gone south. I know it's early in the season, but teams must be licking their chops when they play us .... we can't get it done on either side of the ball. It's not crying Chicken Little, it's just fact!
brickman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008   #26
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

The thing is though with Kubes is that its not like he hasn't been around for a few years. I mean the guy has played/coached on very good teams so he should know what he is doing out there.
LonerATO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008   #27
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53440 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Some strong rumors out there that the Raiders are firing Kiffin today. Somebody mentioned him earlier as a possibility.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3601867
Old 09-22-2008   #28
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
Some strong rumors out there that the Raiders are firing Kiffin today. Somebody mentioned him earlier as a possibility.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3601867
We are hoping Rob Ryan gets canned as well as Kiffin since Rob is a good DC
LonerATO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008   #29
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Except for the loss, Richard Smith had a heckuva' better day than Shanahan and Kubiak's prolific WCO attack.

Richard Smith, come here you big lug!
Old 09-22-2008   #30
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 48117 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Schottenheimer would be amazing! Man, we would instantly be a top 10 defense. That guy knows how to coach detail and get his players to perform. I think I can live with a conservative offense that pounds the other team and an agressive defense that pounds the other team.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008   #31
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 48117 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Except for the loss, Richard Smith had a heckuva' better day than Shanahan and Kubiak's prolific WCO attack.

Richard Smith, come here you big lug!

You're right but I just threw up in my mouth.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008   #32
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 283896 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Booya! This fanbase is getting the pitchforks and torches ready!

I'd take competitive Martyball any day over the pathetic, not-ready-to-play crap we're seeing now. Hopefully Kubiak can turn this thing around quick, but man, it is extreme disappointment watching our guys just flounder out there because they don't appear to be geared up for the challenge.
Old 09-22-2008   #33
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

yeah we have a bunch of guys who play to the scheme 1st & the ball 2nd when in fact it should be the other way around.
Mr teX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008   #34
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 146679 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Booya! This fanbase is getting the pitchforks and torches ready!

I'd take competitive Martyball any day over the pathetic, not-ready-to-play crap we're seeing now. Hopefully Kubiak can turn this thing around quick, but man, it is extreme disappointment watching our guys just flounder out there because they don't appear to be geared up for the challenge.
Marty Feldman ball is the Martyball that we've got .

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read