Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-21-2008   #41
Ckw

Default Re: Kubiak is an *****

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
What if one of those went to AJ for the TD? You have to realize that he had already decided to go for it on 4th down, and that this team was getting its nuts kicked in at the line. I'm not saying it was the right thing to do, but it's not as stupid as you're making it sound. Kubiak is not a "do exactly what your opponent is expecting" kind of coach. Richard Smith, however, is. In fact, Smith is a "show them that you're going to do exactly what they already knew you would and then do it, and change to what they think you'll do if they have it wrong" kind of coach. Smith needs to go.
You echo my sentiments exactly.
Old 09-21-2008   #42
Texan JBZ
Da Sip's Finest

Rep Power: 1065 Texan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinstone18 View Post
I believe I mentioned the 3rd and inches play...calm down.
Calm down? You want me to calm down? Do you know where I watched the game at today? Hooters....IN ARLINGTON! Yeah, you want me to calm down when the Hooters waitress is making jokes about the Texans, or the girls fans are snickering at me while I'm walking out the door, or when my wife and cousin are telling me how much my team sucks ass. Do you know how much fun that was today? Man, it was fun. FUN, FUN, FUN, FUN, FUN FUN FUN! WOOOOOO WEEEEEEEEE!
Old 09-21-2008   #43
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

yes the handoff does kinda make since he was prob thinking we cant relay on are O line to make blocks and they prob has like 6 in the box so a handoff to the outside kinda makes since

the only problem is we are not good on handoff plays
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #44
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak always says it starts with him. This time he needs to take it to heart. Kubiak is really not cutting it. He may be a good offensive coordinator, but this experiment that we have going with him at HC is on the verge of failing.

Like the above poster said. Run on first down and then 2 pass plays, and then you run it on 4th down? Maybe with a smashmouth football team. This is not a shashmouth football team. This is a finesse football team with soft players.
TexansSeminole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #45
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 133123 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan JBZ View Post
Calm down? You want me to calm down? Do you know where I watched the game at today? Hooters....IN ARLINGTON! Yeah, you want me to calm down when the Hooters waitress is making jokes about the Texans, or the girls fans are snickering at me while I'm walking out the door, or when my wife and cousin are telling me how much my team sucks ass. Do you know how much fun that was today? Man, it was fun. FUN, FUN, FUN, FUN, FUN FUN FUN! WOOOOOO WEEEEEEEEE!
only positive I see out of that is if the Hooters girl was jumping up and down when she was making jokes
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #46
Texan JBZ
Da Sip's Finest

Rep Power: 1065 Texan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
only positive I see out of that is if the Hooters girl was jumping up and down when she was making jokes

Nope, she was about a 32B and a 4 out of 10
Old 09-21-2008   #47
MeLoveTexans
All Pro

Rep Power: 1781 MeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Nope, she was about a 32B and a 4 out of 10
yea i realized that too about hooters today.. all this equal opportunity employer bs.. seems they are always sending out the b team when i am there... its called Hooters for a reason
MeLoveTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #48
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 82308 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

can someone make another pink soap, please?
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #49
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 99016 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

A few of us are rocking this av.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #50
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
Am I the only that sees how badly outcoached we are in the game.

Tennessee went into the game with a plan to have Kerry Collins running the ball! Did you see those plays... On the first one, watch Weaver. It's a joke!!

Ahhh, we suck!! and not because of the lack of talent. Our coaches are consistantly overmatched in games.. Sh*T!!!!

No you are not the only one. I had a post ready and then deleted it so I could post later when emotions are not influencing me. We were definately out coached. And this isn't the 1st time. Richard Smith should have been fired in the off season but once again we have a coach staying with a cordinator longer than he should and it may end up biting Kubiak in the a**. I'm getting really tired of watching crappy football and saying wait til next year. It is time for this team to grow up. And if this team is lacking talent then that is on the coaches, scouts, and gm because this team has been aroung long enough to have talent. We should have hired a dc that believed in the 3-4 so we wouldn't set ourselves back personel wise changing to a 4-3. Richard Smith is just plain bad.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #51
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

This team has sucked a fat one in the red zone for years and I am getting so f'ing tired of Kris Bown FG's eve though Slaton was a very nice
LonerATO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #52
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
A few of us are rocking this av.
support the rally. Put on the avatar.

FIRE SMITH GROUP, ASSSEMMBLEEE!
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #53
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?game_i...tab_gamecenter

aftergame quotes up on nfl.com.. scroll to the screen with kubiak's face
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #54
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 61397 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Quote:
Calm down? You want me to calm down? Do you know where I watched the game at today? Hooters....IN ARLINGTON!...
Shoulda joined us in Grapevine, misery loves company.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #55
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 90089 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Please observe my previous post. If you only knew what kind of crappy day the Texans have caused me to have.
If you're going to post like a 5 year old kid who just got his lunch money taken you should probably avoid forums for about 24 hours until after the game has happened so you can collect your thoughts and talk about how Amobi Okoye sucks.

Honestly, understanding it was a bad day for Texans football is one thing, but clouding up the forums with garbage that's in a bigger font and with a bunch of stuff that's being spewed rather than talked about in an intelligent fashion doesn't add anything to our nice forums here.

(backseat mod)
Old 09-21-2008   #56
jdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 17 jdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
Please name for me all the guys with "talent" you think we have right now. Outside of Daniels, Walter, AJ, Slaton, Brown, and Winston who exactly are out talented guys on offense??

Defense is even worse. We have Mario, DeMeco, Freddy, Amobi, and who else exactly?? You could maybe put Demps in there. Other than that, we have nothing.

You say we have all this talent but I just don't see it. I still believe we are a year away.

One thing I am with you on: Kubiak needs to fire Dick Smith.
You just listed more than half of the starting offense and forget to list Leach, Andre Davis, and Pitts.

I'm sorry, but I find it hard to believe that other teams in the NFL are somehow packed full of awesome talent in order to win, yet we can not find any talent and therefore lose. Good coaching takes advantage of our strengths, minimizes our weaknesses, takes advantage of the opponent's weaknesses, and minimizes the opponent's strenghts. I don't see us doing it.
jdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #57
Texan JBZ
Da Sip's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
If you're going to post like a 5 year old kid who just got his lunch money taken you should probably avoid forums for about 24 hours until after the game has happened so you can collect your thoughts and talk about how Amobi Okoye sucks.

Honestly, understanding it was a bad day for Texans football is one thing, but clouding up the forums with garbage that's in a bigger font and with a bunch of stuff that's being spewed rather than talked about in an intelligent fashion doesn't add anything to our nice forums here.

(backseat mod)

First off, I like guys like you who come on an OPINION based blog and tell the rest of us what we should or shouldn't post. Second, you talk about intelligence like every post you've ever done is filled with wisdom and superior insight. Please, okay. Our head coach, supposed offensive genius, ran a pass play on 3rd and Inches. He called a screen pass on 4th down. He called a run play on 4th and goal after passing on 2nd and 3rd. These are things that I put in previous posts. So exactly where do you get that I'm just spewing garbage or not talking about things in an intelligent fashion?

Side Note: Amobi Okoye finished with 3 assists. Big wow. Still a non-factor defensively.
Old 09-21-2008   #58
Texan JBZ
Da Sip's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzO View Post
Shoulda joined us in Grapevine, misery loves company.

Here's my RSVP for the next time I'm in the area. Thanks.
Old 09-21-2008   #59
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24061 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
First off, I like guys like you who come on an OPINION based blog and tell the rest of us what we should or shouldn't post. Second, you talk about intelligence like every post you've ever done is filled with wisdom and superior insight. Please, okay. Our head coach, supposed offensive genius, ran a pass play on 3rd and Inches. He called a screen pass on 4th down. He called a run play on 4th and goal after passing on 2nd and 3rd. These are things that I put in previous posts. So exactly where do you get that I'm just spewing garbage or not talking about things in an intelligent fashion?

Side Note: Amobi Okoye finished with 3 assists. Big wow. Still a non-factor defensively.

Yeah, he was just spewing garbage about doing drugs over the hurricane in another thread.....and he is talking about you talking garbage? hmmmm.

those are owning points you mentioned there.
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read