Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-21-2008   #1
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1365 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Chronic: Schaub plays poorly again, and Kubiak speaks of an evaluation.

http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/houst..._plays_po.html - Courtesy of Dick Justice

I'm guessing this is from the post-game:

Quote:
''I know he struggled early. Now after I get through that, I've got to go back and look at the rest of the football game. But early in the game, there were some things that were uncharacteristic. We'll go back and look at all four quarters and evaluate everybody's play, including him.''--Gary Kubiak on Matt Schaub.
Did you consider playing Sage Rosenfels?

Quote:
''You've got to let a guy work through things. He didn't start clean, but it was a 12-10 ball game and that's part of playing quarterback in this league. I didn't consider it today. I'll go back and study everybody on the film and see how we're playing. He needed to work through that and make some plays to help us win the game. We're in a very tight football game. We got some plays to make there that we didn't make.

''Remember now that he made two great throws that we dropped for touchdowns. There's other people involved in winning and losing, not just the quarterback. We've all got to do our job.''

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em

Last edited by Texans34Life; 09-21-2008 at 07:09 PM.
Texans34Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #2
Koolaid Time
Drink Up!

Rep Power: 1347 Koolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Chronic: Schaub plays poorly again, and Kubiak speaks of an evaluation.

The next time Schaub takes a "hard sack" I predict Sage will come in and play the remainder of the quarter, just to see if there is any difference.

Kubiak won't "bench" Schaub.
Koolaid Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #3
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102895 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Chronic: Schaub plays poorly again, and Kubiak speaks of an evaluation.

Was that first pass AJ didn't get in the endzone THAT catchable? Looked like a tough catch to me for any receiver. Also, later in the game, Schaub threw a high pass near the sideline to AJ that gave the DB a free hit on AJ. Schaub has got to learn to throw passes where there'll be a less likely chance his receiver will be crushed.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #4
Twitch-Houston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 290 Twitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
Was that first pass AJ didn't get in the endzone THAT catchable?
Looked like an interception if the DB turns around.
Twitch-Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #5
Twitch-Houston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 290 Twitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Schaub is at 50.3 for the season. In five seasons, David Carr's losest was 62.8 his rookie year. Carr's career rating is 74.4.
Got my attention
Old 09-21-2008   #6
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

so are u saying we should make a trade for Carr LOL
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #7
houstonhurricane
All Pro

Rep Power: 938 houstonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Schaub has one more guaranteed half of play - next week at Jax. If he is struggling, I would bet they turn to Sage...
Old 09-21-2008   #8
Twitch-Houston
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
so are u saying we should make a trade for Carr LOL
I'd rather take my chances with Owen Daniels.
Old 09-21-2008   #9
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope Kubiak plans on evaluating whoever the hell was calling plays on offense, talk about squandered opportunities in the Red Zone, I all for being aggressive and going for it on 4th but I am still scratching my head at some of those plays called.
Old 09-21-2008   #10
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 13945 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitch-Houston View Post
Got my attention
Passer rating doesn't mean that much. David played the dink-and-dunk, which offered him a pretty high completion percentage. Also, DC would take a sack before throwing the ball away (or forcing a play, whether good or bad), which don't count against his rating. Some people have argued that sacks should be considered.
Old 09-21-2008   #11
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 24956 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub sucks beyond belief right now and if kubiak cares about the houston texans he will make the switch. He gave up on carr now it's time to let schaub go. He sucks so bad this year. I know it's only 2 games but he has been horrible and he has no history to cut him slack.
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read