Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-21-2008   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The Good out of this game

I am so mad at this team right now that I am borderline happy (meaning I am so upset that it almost is comical)

well Slaton is all I can say so far..

on a side note, I don't know who the ref is but I can't believe I get a chuckle every call he announces but he sounds so much as "the Ladies man" that I am waiting for him to say "Unsportsman like conduct 15 yards on sweet thang"

Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #2
Ckw

Default Re: The Good out of this game

Slaton looks awesome. Looks like he might be the steal of the draft because he is doing this against on of the best run defenses in the NFL.
Old 09-21-2008   #3
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1365 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected

How can you guys have such optimism for this team when we are reliving the 2005 season again? This is just freaking horrible!

Our DL can't penetrate, our OL can't protect Schaub, Schaub has poor decision making, and Kubiak has called 2 horrible games. It is just making me sad to see players who can't show off their potential (Mario, AJ, Demeco, Walter, etc.) and it's covered by horrible decision making and play.

The only guy who stepped up today - Slaton - I give him a standing ovation.

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Texans34Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #4
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 14564 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

The good is that we still know schaub sucks
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #5
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I honestly felt bad for the defense in the 2nd half..

1st half, I wish Smith would have got on a plane and hit the trail
Old 09-21-2008   #6
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans34Life View Post
How can you guys have such optimism for this team
Because the alternative is not pleasant and it was only week two. Yes we have seen two bad games but I can be all about doom and gloom. I can critique the team and say what they did wrong without being over the top and calling the QB a jackass. I will say he sucked but will not get personal like some who do it as a normal course of actions, including talking bad about the players family.

If I can talk about things without all the other crap and that makes less of a fan than some and a homer, so be it.
Old 09-21-2008   #7
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 290332 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I actually came away from this game with a positive feeling about the team. I was really afraid they weren't going to show up at all.

The guys that really let me down were Schaub and AJ. AJ should have caught a couple of passes that he dropped. And if he had, that might have helped Schaub out. However. Right now, Schaub looks like a head case. I'll go with Kubiak on whichever direction he wants to go, but I wouldn't be averse to starting Sage at this point.

But Slaton made me feel much better about the team. The fact that our D forced a couple of turnovers makes me feel good. The fact that our D didn't crumble in the second half and give up soul sucking drives for scores made me feel better although personally, I consider that really bad play-calling on the Titan's part more than good stuff from our D.

But at the end of the game, we were putting ourselves in position to do something. We were then not DOING anything but at least we had gotten into position. We were in the red zone 3 times in the second half when we came away with 0 points because we weren't willing to come away with 3.

I'm actually not suicidal right now.

I think we're going to beat Jacksonville, probably lose to the Colts, and then I think we're going to be OK.

Schaub worries me greatly, though.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-21-2008   #8
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90752 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub leads the NFL in interceptions and he's already had a bye week. That's interesting.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #9
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 4279 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I actually came away from this game with a positive feeling about the team. I was really afraid they weren't going to show up at all.

The guys that really let me down were Schaub and AJ. AJ should have caught a couple of passes that he dropped. And if he had, that might have helped Schaub out. However. Right now, Schaub looks like a head case. I'll go with Kubiak on whichever direction he wants to go, but I wouldn't be averse to starting Sage at this point.

But Slaton made me feel much better about the team. The fact that our D forced a couple of turnovers makes me feel good. The fact that our D didn't crumble in the second half and give up soul sucking drives for scores made me feel better although personally, I consider that really bad play-calling on the Titan's part more than good stuff from our D.

But at the end of the game, we were putting ourselves in position to do something. We were then not DOING anything but at least we had gotten into position. We were in the red zone 3 times in the second half when we came away with 0 points because we weren't willing to come away with 3.

I think we're going to beat Jacksonville, probably lose to the Colts, and then I think we're going to be OK.

Good post. If we had've scored in the RZ at least once and AJ had've caught one of those 2 dropped TDs, the game would have looked much different.
Old 09-21-2008   #10
Ckw

Quote:

You summed up my feelings perfectly.
Old 09-21-2008   #11
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 4561 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I agree 100% Slaton impressed and OWEN FREAKING DANIELS
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #12
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

il try to help this thread as it could get buried fast:

- slaton looks really really good. OD was good too
- we stopped the run nicely
- in fact the D played quite well as a whole
- reeves looked pretty good. made a nice play on the int and only got beat by perfect throws/offensive PI
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #13
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 57076 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

I say keep Sage, Slaton, the Andre's, K-dub, Owen, Mario, Okoye, Meco, Dunta, Winston, Duane Brown, Greenwood, and fire everybody else.

Then again, I'm kinda pissed off and I started drinking in the 4th quarter.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #14
Wolf
100% Texan

good thing is I don't have to hear Dick Justice and his rant about how someone (by himself) beat us .. at least they know now it isn't one player

and one player only like they try to make it out to be

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read