Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-18-2008   #21
Polo

Default Re: DE Help?

We never should have traded Babin IMHO.

I hope they bring him in for a look....
Old 09-18-2008   #22
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 98407 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo View Post
We never should have traded Babin IMHO.

I hope they bring him in for a look....
Well, we did get Boulware in return......

He's definitely not a permanent solution, but he's damn sure better than what we've seen throughout the preseason and 1st game. He sucks against the run, but he could still be utilized on 3rd down situations.

Eh, who knows? Maybe they'll keep counting on Mario to do all the pressuring.
Old 09-18-2008   #23
New_Texans
All Pro

Rep Power: 29 New_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

im glad to see im not alone when it comes to the Babin appreciation lol.
Old 09-18-2008   #24
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21460 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsorc View Post
I do believe Babin was cut today to make room for a WR. We should at least bring him in for a look for old times sake.
This is great news. I was really bummed when they traded him away. He was just starting to get in a groove & I believe he'd be the perfect compliment to Mario. Go get him Rick.

The Texan Bull Rush
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008   #25
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 165989 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Babin was scheduled to workout with the Falcons yesterday and plans to keep the door open to other calls before making up his mind. BTW, he still lives in Houston.

Looks like the Texans worked out RB Noah Herron. He should fit in perfectly, he is still recovering (as he puts it, "on the shelf") from a hamstring injury.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008   #26
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 171454 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Babin was scheduled to workout with the Falcons yesterday and plans to keep the door open to other calls before making up his mind. BTW, he still lives in Houston.

Looks like the Texans worked out RB Noah Herron. He should fit in perfectly, he is still recovering (as he puts it, "on the shelf") from a hamstring injury.
Just what this team needs .... More damaged goods at RB.

As for Babin , I'd take a look at him but dont expect him to be the be all end all fix the team needs opposite MW. I think he would be at best a situational player , their 3rd down guy.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008   #27
Polo

Honestly, I think I'd rather have Babin on the field than Weaver....
Old 09-19-2008   #28
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 165989 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrosion View Post
Just what this team needs .... More damaged goods at RB.

As for Babin , I'd take a look at him but dont expect him to be the be all end all fix the team needs opposite MW. I think he would be at best a situational player , their 3rd down guy.
I would definitely agree. However, let's look at the fact that, at this time, we don't seem to have anyone that fits the bill for even a half way adequate situational rusher threat opposite Mario.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008   #29
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 98407 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo View Post
Honestly, I think I'd rather have Babin on the field than Weaver....
Honestly, I'd rather you or myself be on the field than Weaver. Heck, maybe even my son.
Old 09-19-2008   #30
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Honestly, I'd rather you or myself be on the field than Weaver. Heck, maybe even my son.
You would have the same amount of sacks as Weaver.

PS Weaver & Green are theives.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read