Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 09-18-2008   #21
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 2838 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: In honor of Texans-Titans week....

"You must spread rep around before giving to Double Barrel again."
Old 09-18-2008   #22
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedc View Post
"You must spread rep around before giving to Double Barrel again."
I got him... 'Cause I agree..
Old 09-18-2008   #23
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by titanbuoy View Post
I think the fact that you're bragging about your 8-8 record speaks volumes... if you're a good boy, and eat all your vegetables, perhaps one day you guys might actually finish a season with a winning record (okay, yeah, probably not... but don't be afraid to dream big).

Yeah, yeah... Bud is Satan. If I don't live in Houston I couldn't possibly know how badly Bud screwed you guys... yadda yadda yadda....snore. Wake me up when you're done whining. Note to Houston: If you act like a bunch of bitches, don't be shocked when someone bends you over.

And really, shouldn't you be bitching about the sorry franchise you have now rather than yet and still, complaining about losing ours.
http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/9/16/2100256/Ian.mp3
Old 09-18-2008   #24
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 179775 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipolar The Titan View Post
actually, my friend here has been a loyal Oilers fan since forever. He's from Ontario so excuse his "I'm a arsecavern and proud of it persona"... but you know, you could tell this actual game attending season ticket holder that and get away with it... it really depends on how narrow the definition of "involved" is though.

Making assumptions can make one look a bit silly. 'buoy isn't even American.
Then he should'nt come to a Houston forum talking trash about a team he roots for from Canada . He should tell us about the Canadian Football League and how he watched Warren Moon when he was in the CFL and not talk about the Oilers unless it was the Edmonton hockey team .
Old 09-18-2008   #25
Bipolar The Titan
cow pattie chunkin' champ

Rep Power: 515 Bipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Your franchise has been around for decades and has the same number of Super Bowl trophies as our six year old team. What is your definition if 'sorry' if your own standard defines the term itself?

It's really unbecoming of a lowlife troll to show his ass and lack of class, but it's obviously what you excel at, so I suppose that we're seeing the best of you right now.

Enjoy your fat slug of an owner. I look forward to laughing at the plight of Neckville when he decides to take the team elsewhere, especially because you know the NFL would never give you an expansion team. The only way you could ever get a team is through theft, which speaks volumes of your franchise and fanbase. You embraced a scumbucket owner and suckle like little piglets at his teats. Man, talk about indicative nature of things. That says it all.
you wouldn't feel that way if the Texans could manage to the playoffs or ebb over .500. You come of really bitter there, needlessly I might add. You essentially said that I'm a bad guy by association because I endeared myself to a team that brought themselves here. Mayor Phil Bredesen, now Governor Bredesen was approached by Bud Adams. No one in Nashville lobbied anyone in Houston to pry the Oilers away. Bud did what he did for his own reasons respectable, indefensible or otherwise. To alledge that Tennesseans stole the Oilers is absolutely ludicrous. The fact is that Adams called Bredesen on the phone, introduced himself and gave him him a quick pitch. Bredesen hung up on Adams thinking the call was a hoax. This is true. Adams called back and assured that he was in fact who he said he was and that his idea was in all sincerity at which point talks were opened. Memphis did try a number of times to land an expansion team and the lost out on all their bids. The thing is that Adams was familiar with Tennessee as he had spent a great deal of time here doing business over the decades and he felt that the people here would embrace his brand of football as college football is enormously popular in this state. I do agree that had Nashville had ambition to land an expansion team they would not be successful. The market isn't commercially appealing enough for the NFL's New York office to give any serious consideration to.
Old 09-18-2008   #26
Bipolar The Titan

Rep Power: 515 Bipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Then he should'nt come to a Houston forum talking trash about a team he roots for from Canada . He should tell us about the Canadian Football League and how he watched Warren Moon when he was in the CFL and not talk about the Oilers unless it was the Edmonton hockey team .
Why can't a guy from England, Australia or Canada like the NFL and adopt a team and root for that team, thick and thin from afar? What difference does it make? The point is that he was an Oilers fan as a kid, in the eighties, through the nineties and a Titans fan in the present day.

I know for a fact there are people living in Texas that are loyalists and embrace the Texans but still favor old blue. Who are you to dictate what someone is allowed to talk about? Whatever he says is within the forum rules. He's not being overly vulgar or anything. He has a fundamental right to like any team he chooses. Are you the thought police?
Old 09-18-2008   #27
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317168 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
you wouldn't feel that way if the Texans could manage to the playoffs or ebb over .500. You come of really bitter there, needlessly I might add.
My feelings towards Pud Adams has absolutely nothing to do with the state of the Houston Texans.

You can assume whatever you choose, but you don't know me and you have no clue about my history in this city.

Seeing a lowlife troll (not pointing at you, btw) come into this forum and spew garbage from his piehole gets the reactions it deserves. You Tits fans can sit on your high horses all you want, but at the end of the day your franchise has never been NFL world champions any more than our young franchise. So if you want to associate yourself with some braindead bottom-feeding troll by defending his spewage, then that is your choice.

Your city made a deal with the devil, but now you want to wash your hands of it all? You try to co-opt OILERS history with underhanded business tactics (i.e. "franchise records"...whatever), but the overwhelming majority of your fanbase has absolutely no memories of the history, and, the greatest player in your franchise's history wants absolutely nothing to do with your city, team, or owner, much less some number retirement that only serves to reveal the complete lack of class your owner is well known for. Matter-of-fact, inbred children of Uranus trollboys come in this very forum and talk smack about #34. This clearly reveals a lack of educated understanding of your own "franchise history" by a very vocal part of your fanbase.

Spin it however you want, but at the end of the day, you ended up with a stolen team because your city would never have what it takes to earn a team from the NFL.

Last edited by Double Barrel; 09-18-2008 at 12:26 PM.
Double Barrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008   #28
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 179775 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
you wouldn't feel that way if the Texans could manage to the playoffs or ebb over .500. You come of really bitter there, needlessly I might add. You essentially said that I'm a bad guy by association because I endeared myself to a team that brought themselves here. Mayor Phil Bredesen, now Governor Bredesen was approached by Bud Adams. No one in Nashville lobbied anyone in Houston to pry the Oilers away. Bud did what he did for his own reasons respectable, indefensible or otherwise. To alledge that Tennesseans stole the Oilers is absolutely ludicrous. The fact is that Adams called Bredesen on the phone, introduced himself and gave him him a quick pitch. Bredesen hung up on Adams thinking the call was a hoax. This is true. Adams called back and assured that he was in fact who he said he was and that his idea was in all sincerity at which point talks were opened. Memphis did try a number of times to land an expansion team and the lost out on all their bids. The thing is that Adams was familiar with Tennessee as he had spent a great deal of time here doing business over the decades and he felt that the people here would embrace his brand of football as college football is enormously popular in this state. I do agree that had Nashville had ambition to land an expansion team they would not be successful. The market isn't commercially appealing enough for the NFL's New York office to give any serious consideration to.
Most Houston football fans would feel this way no matter what . Bud hired an accountant for a GM ( Ladd Herzog ) who was an embarrasment . he slapped a chronicle reporter , mooned a wedding party , refused to pay child support , but was good with money .

The Oilers of the late 80's ... thanks to Mike Holovak as the player personel man ... was as talented as any team in the league . The GM wanted a yes man for a coach and hired some DC named Jerry Glanville to lead this talented bunch . glanville responded by leaving tickets for Elvis .

No matter what I followed and rooted for the Oilers ... why ... cause I'm from Houston . When bud threatened to leave again after they gave into his request the first time 5 years before and after going 2-14 ... most folks agreed with Bob lanier and said ... good riddance .
Old 09-18-2008   #29
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
Why can't a guy from England, Australia or Canada like the NFL and adopt a team and root for that team, thick and thin from afar? What difference does it make? The point is that he was an Oilers fan as a kid, in the eighties, through the nineties and a Titans fan in the present day.

I know for a fact there are people living in Texas that are loyalists and embrace the Texans but still favor old blue. Who are you to dictate what someone is allowed to talk about? Whatever he says is within the forum rules. He's not being overly vulgar or anything. He has a fundamental right to like any team he chooses. Are you the thought police?
This is not the TOMB . Most posters here know something about the game and the history of it . All he said is ... y'all suck . Y'all are the worst team in the league ... y'all suck . That of course is a typical post on the TOMB .
Old 09-18-2008   #30
Bipolar The Titan

what I mean is that if the Texans won the Super Bowl people Texans as a people would forget about all these old wounds. I'm not trying to be an ass, and I'm not necessarily trying to make an assumption but I know by my own experience that winning heals wounds. You guys seem stuck in the past and the Texans, well, they leave a bit more to be desired. They aren't really delivering. Wouldn't you suppose you wouldn't be so bitter about the whole deal if the Texans were a serious force in the AFC? Say they win that elusive ring... I can't imagine that too many in Houston would still be grinding an axe.
Old 09-18-2008   #31
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

48 years. 1 Super Bowl Appearance. 1 yard short..... 'Nuff said.

At a boy Dud Adams.. PS how's that VY pick working out for you??? Karma, it's a mother bisquit!!!
Old 09-18-2008   #32
Bipolar The Titan

Quote:
This is not the TOMB . Most posters here know something about the game and the history of it . All he said is ... y'all suck . Y'all are the worst team in the league ... y'all suck . That of course is a typical post on the TOMB .
here we go with assumptions... for the record, I am an outspoken critic of the TOMB and slam that mb and their arbitrary moderation practices whenever I am given the opportunity. I am in full agreement and myself personally look down on anyone that touts that place as an online destination for serious football discussion.

ps- the Texans do suck. I'm just not willing to be an a-hole about it. buoy is an a-hole. the worst kind. he's a Canadian a-hole.
Old 09-18-2008   #33
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317168 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
what I mean is that if the Texans won the Super Bowl people Texans as a people would forget about all these old wounds. I'm not trying to be an ass, and I'm not necessarily trying to make an assumption but I know by my own experience that winning heals wounds. You guys seem stuck in the past and the Texans, well, they leave a bit more to be desired. They aren't really delivering. Wouldn't you suppose you wouldn't be so bitter about the whole deal if the Texans were a serious force in the AFC? Say they win that elusive ring... I can't imagine that too many in Houston would still be grinding an axe.
I grew up a Cowboys hater. It was instilled into my DNA. Why? Because I'm from Houston, and I'm not going to bandwagon some other team. It is a matter of ethics and civic pride. Perhaps it's a form of tribalism, but that is the nature of sports fanatics.

That being said, my hatred for the Cowboys has faded. It has been eclipsed by the disgust I feel towards anything associated with Pud Adams. He's a lowlife, lying, pig of a man. I kid you not when I promise to crap on his grave someday. Nothing, not even multiple SB wins by the Texans, will ever diminish the burning desire to see the fat slug fail.

Love and hate are two sides of the same coin.
Old 09-18-2008   #34
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
here we go with assumptions... for the record, I am an outspoken critic of the TOMB and slam that mb and their arbitrary moderation practices whenever I am given the opportunity. I am in full agreement and myself personally look down on anyone that touts that place as an online destination for serious football discussion.

ps- the Texans do suck. I'm just not willing to be an a-hole about it. buoy is an a-hole. the worst kind. he's a Canadian a-hole.
I was kicked off the TOMB for defending another Texan fan who was trying to make a good point but all he got back was ... y'all suck ... we're better cause we're better . The mods said I insulted another member when all I said was they ought to listen and learn ... of course it may have been slightly harsher .
Old 09-18-2008   #35
Bipolar The Titan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
48 years. 1 Super Bowl Appearance. 1 yard short..... 'Nuff said.

At a boy Dud Adams.. PS how's that VY pick working out for you??? Karma, it's a mother bisquit!!!
Bill... so what? I watch the game for the present. Not for the past. Week 1 everyone is undefeated. We could go 14-2 or 8-8 or 5-11... I'll still buy tickets. I don't watch for trophies. Hope of a trophy, yes, but primarily I watch for the love of the game and the possibility of winning it all. It's a beautiful thing. I've got 10 years of memories which I treasure... so I understand your outrage at the Oilers making the move. You feel robbed. It's like they took your memories. I get it. I feel the pain. I can't offer you empathy for I have none but I can sympathize.

As for Vince Young? Well McNair wasn't much good until he was in the league several years but it ain't looking all that good. As for right now I guess I'll just cling to undefeated and 1st place... maybe something will shake loose for the Titans... being 2-0 is a lot of pressure.

Last edited by Bipolar The Titan; 09-18-2008 at 12:57 PM.
Bipolar The Titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008   #36
Bipolar The Titan

Quote:
I was kicked off the TOMB for defending another Texan fan who was trying to make a good point but all he got back was ... y'all suck ... we're better cause we're better . The mods said I insulted another member when all I said was they ought to listen and learn ... of course it may have been slightly harsher .
typical.

www.gotitans.com

we love our rival fans on this f2fa member board.

Overalls is treated like royalty.
Old 09-18-2008   #37
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Bill... so what? I watch the came for the present. Not for the past. Week 1 everyone is undefeated. We could go 14-2 or 8-8 or 5-11... I'll still buy tickets. I don't watch for trophies. Hope of a trophy, yes, but primarily I watch for the love of the game and the possibility of winning it all. It's a beautiful thing. I've got 10 years of memories which I treasure... so I understand your outrage at the Oilers making the move. You feel robbed. It's like they took your memories. I get it. I feel the pain. I can't offer you empathy for I have none but I can sympathize.

As for Vince Young? Well McNair wasn't much good until he was in the league several years but it ain't looking all that good. As for right now I guess I'll just cling to undefeated and 1st place... maybe something will shake loose for the Titans... being 2-0 is a lot of pressure.
That's awesome that you watch for today. However, a teams history is their history which you seem to want to bring up about the Texans very short history....

Disagree about McNair... I thought he played well coming out of the gate and played well for an extended period of time... You may or may not rememeber that we were able to see him in person a few times ourselves... Also, he wasn't drafted as "the Savior". Some thought he was a 'reach' coming from tiny little Alcorn State although also picked #3. VY on the other hand came from a big program, led them to a National Championship and was supposed to the "sure thing"....
Old 09-18-2008   #38
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 2838 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

A poster found somewhere in Nashville.....

Old 09-18-2008   #39
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 114958 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
My feelings towards Pud Adams has absolutely nothing to do with the state of the Houston Texans.

You can assume whatever you choose, but you don't know me and you have no clue about my history in this city.

Seeing a lowlife troll (not pointing at you, btw) come into this forum and spew garbage from his piehole gets the reactions it deserves. You Tits fans can sit on your high horses all you want, but at the end of the day your franchise has never been NFL world champions any more than our young franchise. So if you want to associate yourself with some braindead bottom-feeding troll by defending his spewage, then that is your choice.

Your city made a deal with the devil, but now you want to wash your hands of it all? You try to co-opt OILERS history with underhanded business tactics (i.e. "franchise records"...whatever), but the overwhelming majority of your fanbase has absolutely no memories of the history, and, the greatest player in your franchise's history wants absolutely nothing to do with your city, team, or owner, much less some number retirement that only serves to reveal the complete lack of class your owner is well known for. Matter-of-fact, inbred children of Uranus trollboys come in this very forum and talk smack about #34. This clearly reveals a lack of educated understanding of your own "franchise history" by a very vocal part of your fanbase.

Spin it however you want, but at the end of the day, you ended up with a stolen team because your city would never have what it takes to earn a team from the NFL.
Quote:
I grew up a Cowboys hater. It was instilled into my DNA. Why? Because I'm from Houston, and I'm not going to bandwagon some other team. It is a matter of ethics and civic pride. Perhaps it's a form of tribalism, but that is the nature of sports fanatics.

That being said, my hatred for the Cowboys has faded. It has been eclipsed by the disgust I feel towards anything associated with Pud Adams. He's a lowlife, lying, pig of a man. I kid you not when I promise to crap on his grave someday. Nothing, not even multiple SB wins by the Texans, will ever diminish the burning desire to see the fat slug fail.

Love and hate are two sides of the same coin.
Quoted for.......F-in A right!
Old 09-18-2008   #40
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
That's awesome that you watch for today. However, a teams history is their history which you seem to want to bring up about the Texans very short history....

Disagree about McNair... I thought he played well coming out of the gate and played well for an extended period of time... You may or may not rememeber that we were able to see him in person a few times ourselves... Also, he wasn't drafted as "the Savior". Some thought he was a 'reach' coming from tiny little Alcorn State although also picked #3. VY on the other hand came from a big program, led them to a National Championship and was supposed to the "sure thing"....
Just think if we do take VY and the Saints take Reggie and the Titans take Mario .

KVB , Fat Albert , whoever , and Mario would be one of those DL with a nickname .

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read