Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-17-2008   #61
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 70215 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans vs. Ravens in the Superdome, New Orleans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEYE SUX View Post
I'm not trying to be insensitive but power is not supposed to be up next week. Should the players not fly out for that either? It will take A LONG TIME to recover and I don't think all games should be postponed/forfeited until then
There's a difference between having no power and having a massive hurricane immenently coming directly toward your home and wanting to protect your family/property.

Travis Johnson spent part of the night of the hurricane in a closet with his wife and young children. His roof caved in. He wasn't in an evacuation area. So, you think it would have been cool of him hanging out in Atlanta while this was going on, probably not being able to contact them because land lines and cell phone coverage was spotty.

Yeah, he has problems and the Houston area has problems, but it's okay for them to fly to Nashville for a game. It would have been double plus stupid for them to go somewhere last weekend. As bad as it was making the Astros play on Sunday, the logistics of moving an entire football team and equipment would have been really really difficult.
Old 09-17-2008   #62
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbajwp View Post
Also a huge difference between the two. Your comparing one city to a nation.

The point is that the nation should be willing to miss the Texans Ravens game for a few weeks so that Texans can actually watch it.
I didn't compare one city to a nation, you did. I never brought up a national disaster until you did, of 9/11. I fail to see how you keep forgetting that.

Of course the nation can miss the game, who's going to watch the Texans? I said that the first minute when news broke out about the Texans getting ESPN2 to televised their game. Furthermore, who cares about if the nation want to watch us, us Texans fans want to watch the Texans play.

Oh btw, before you jump on that last sentence, re-read the first post when I quoted you.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008   #63
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post
I didn't compare one city to a nation, you did. I never brought up a national disaster until you did, of 9/11. I fail to see how you keep forgetting that.

Of course the nation can miss the game, who's going to watch the Texans? I said that the first minute when news broke out about the Texans getting ESPN2 to televised their game. Furthermore, who cares about if the nation want to watch us, us Texans fans want to watch the Texans play.

Oh btw, before you jump on that last sentence, re-read the first post when I quoted you.
9/11 didnt affect the entire nation at home. They still had power, Cable, Satelite, Cell phones, Gas, etc... It affected NY. Im pretty sure the entire nation still had all these things when Kennedy was assasinated. Houston after Ike not so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read