Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: How do you grade the first selection in the first round?
A 23 28.75%
B 31 38.75%
C 9 11.25%
D 2 2.50%
F 15 18.75%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-26-2013   #1
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30535 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Draft Grade - Round 3/1 Brennan Williams

How do you grade the first selection in the first round?
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013   #2
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 213038 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Draft Grade - Round 3/1 Brennan Williams

Only one other tackle left on the board that I think could start this season in Quessenberry .... Glad they got this pick out of the way.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013   #3
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

I give it an A because it is a fit as far as need, scheme, and position. He played RT in a zone blocking scheme, and was probably the most ready guy to compete now at RT that was available.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013   #4
Fili
All Pro

Rep Power: 3891 Fili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respected

Good tackle, but came of shoulder injury. 50/50 on Williams.
Old 04-26-2013   #5
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 320620 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I think this guy is a Day 1 starter. He knows the basics of our scheme. And he's going to get a lot of work in the offseason in the OTAs, Mini-camps, and Training Camp with Newton injured.

I expect him to beat out Harris and start.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013   #6
jppaul
Cut and Dry

Rep Power: 1193 jppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought he would have lasted till the fourth and would have preferred the other Williams, who I thought was the last DT with the skill set I wanted, but I think he is a talented player with Round 1 upside.
jppaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013   #7
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Grade B
Still a bit raw but looks to have the athleticism to improve.
A bit concern about both his knees.
A late third round Olineman in the ZBS, IMO, should become a fairly solid starter.
Williams may or may not achieve that result.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-15-2013   #8
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

If he plays guard I'd give it an A.

As a tackle, I give him a B simply because he's going to have more work to do in order to become a starter IMO.

He looks very athletic, but his pass blocking leaves a lot to be desired and I don't want him out there getting Matt killed. Gonna need to get a lot more comfortable out there and he's going to need a whole lot of technique work.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013   #9
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
If he plays guard I'd give it an A.

As a tackle, I give him a B simply because he's going to have more work to do in order to become a starter IMO.

He looks very athletic, but his pass blocking leaves a lot to be desired and I don't want him out there getting Matt killed. Gonna need to get a lot more comfortable out there and he's going to need a whole lot of technique work.
I know we've already agreed on Williams.
I don't mind him moving inside either, but right now the Texans probably want to find out which guy may work out at RT.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013   #10
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 178253 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I mocked him long time ago and he will become a monster. Love his long arms and eventually he could move to LT if needed. IMO, he and Q will replace 2 of three Mondek, Gardner and Harris. Williams will put a hurting on some of his opponents. Agree with 65 that he needs technique improvement but most rookies do. Hopefully Newton and Harris will maintain allowing him time.
Old 05-28-2013   #11
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 139057 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

I give the pick anywhere from an "A" to an "F"....

Being coy aside, I find it ludicrous to place a draft grade on any pick until the player being discussed actually plays a down in the NFL...... or not.

People hated "the reach" that Duane Brown was but OTOH some were excited about the Benny Joppru pick... Go figure.
Old 05-28-2013   #12
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 291737 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post

Being coy aside, I find it ludicrous to place a draft grade on any pick until the player being discussed actually plays a down in the NFL...... or not.
Old 05-28-2013   #13
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 57901 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

People hated "the reach" that Duane Brown was but OTOH some were excited about the Benny Joppru pick... Go figure.
Your right its ludicrous for those who don't know ****. Brennan has an injury history that followed him to Houston & your also right who knows how that all works out, which is probably why they moved up to grab another OT. Gee go figure.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013   #14
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

You want to know what I find ludicrous? People going into a thread titled "Draft Grade" and bitching about people grading drafts. Nobody is making you vote, TB. Nobody is making you click on the thread, TB. Nobody is making you read the thread, TB. If you don't want to participate in the thread, don't participate. It's pretty ****ing simple.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014   #15
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Just realized I never voted on this poll so with my 20/20 hindsight I jumped on the "F" bandwagon!

Knew it all along boys! Knew it all along!
Old 07-21-2014   #16
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 178253 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Just realized I never voted on this poll so with my 20/20 hindsight I jumped on the "F" bandwagon!

Knew it all along boys! Knew it all along!
bet your "sources" helped?
Old 07-21-2014   #17
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 294595 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

For some reason I didn't follow the crowd on this guy and only gave this pick a "C". I can't remember back that for as to why I gave him that grade though. Although if there were articles about him being injury prone back then that would have done it for me.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014   #18
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
bet your "sources" helped?
Absolutely. I cannot of course divulge those sources but suffice to say they are terribly accurate.
Old 05-29-2013   #19
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
How hard is it to not click on a link?

There are tons of threads on here and you come into the one that you find ludicrous when it is clearly labeled as a draft grade thread?

And how is this different from giving your opinion on anything else that you don't know the outcome of? It's just a prediction.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013   #20
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 139057 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
A) How hard is it to not click on a link?

B) There are tons of threads on here and you come into the one that you find ludicrous when it is clearly labeled as a draft grade thread?

And how is this different from giving your opinion on anything else that you don't know the outcome of? C) It's just a prediction.
A) Well, that would be the dumbest thing ever considering dude has never played a down.

B) Yes.... There are tons of threads on here and yes I come into the one (or many) where I think it's ludicrous to give a draft grade on some unknown commodity.
--------------------> I.E. Duane Brown. How stupid was it for anyone to give him less than an A+ although many said he was a "reach, at best".

C) I get you on the "It's just a prediction" thing, but some things are more predictable than others. Case in point, property and small business taxes going up v. the success of Ryan Leaf, Vince Young or Jamunchies Ruffles succeeding.

So... I feel ya.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read