Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 04-19-2013   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Texans trade up; your scenario?

If you were the Texans & you were thinking about moving up, what's your thought process?

Is there one or two guys you have to have, then if one of them is gone you get on the phone & do what you gotta do to get your guy?

Do you have a range; if so & so is there past...... 10, we're going to get him.

Or is it absolutely out of the question; too many guys to be had in the 2nd & 3rd & your MO is to drop back & acquire more picks, especially for next year?
Old 04-19-2013   #2
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 136745 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Too many. I wouldn't trade up. I think the quality and the quantity are fairly close in this draft: outside of the 2 LTs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013   #3
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans trade up; your scenario?

Just my preference, but if Dion Jordan dropped a bit I'd move up to get him. Love his game. I remember back when I first started looking at the prospects and he was rated as a 2nd or 3rd rounder. I predicted he'd rise up draft boards...I've seen him mocked as high as #2 overall....

Same thing happened with Bruce Irvin last year. Another guy I really wanted that started off lower ranked. But Jordan is a much better player overall than Irvin is. Not even close.

If I'm the Texans, he's a guy I'd move up for. I think in this defense he would be dominant.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013   #4
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101211 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Just my preference, but if Dion Jordan dropped a bit I'd move up to get him. Love his game. I remember back when I first started looking at the prospects and he was rated as a 2nd or 3rd rounder. I predicted he'd rise up draft boards...I've seen him mocked as high as #2 overall....

Same thing happened with Bruce Irvin last year. Another guy I really wanted that started off lower ranked. But Jordan is a much better player overall than Irvin is. Not even close.

If I'm the Texans, he's a guy I'd move up for. I think in this defense he would be dominant.
Yeh I don't think there is any chance of him falling but you never know. Star Latui and Sheldon Richardson are two players I would seriously consider moving up for. If either are there at 15 or later I'm at the very least kicking the tires
Old 04-20-2013   #5
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27155 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Rey and Mussop mentioned the only guys that are on my list of being worth trading up for, Dion Jordan, Star Lotulelei, and Sheldon Richardson. Of course trading up is all dependent on how high to trade up and what the cost is, cause trading up can get expensive quick. I seriously doubt it happens but if any one of these guys falls to the 17ish range then Rick should be on the phone testing the waters and finding out the cost.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013   #6
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 241723 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Just for my edumacation, what do you guys think it would it take to move up to 15 or 10?
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read