Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 04-15-2013   #1
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 80847 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default More Trouble for the Browns?

Quote:
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — FBI and Internal Revenue Service agents on Monday locked down the headquarters of Pilot Flying J, the truck stop business owned by the family of Tennessee Gov. Bill Haslam and his brother, Cleveland Browns owner Jimmy Haslam.

FBI spokesman Marshall Stone told The Associated Press that the move was part of an ongoing investigation, but he would not provide additional details. FBI and IRS agents were expected to remain in the building into the evening, he said.

The FBI was keeping all traffic away from the company property, and Knoxville police patrol cars and officers could be seen outside the headquarters.
http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/....Flying.J-FBI/

Just when you thought maybe they were getting good ownership and might start turning the corner.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013   #2
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 262563 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: More Trouble for the Browns?

Obama's IRS is going to be jailing a whole lot more people than any IRS we've seen in many many years.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013   #3
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 262563 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Jimmy Haslam, the FBI & the 158 Pages That Will Cost Him The Browns

Jimmy Haslam, the FBI & the 158 Pages That Will Cost Him The Browns

Quote:
Quote:
Freeman said. "I mean, I called Jimmy and told him I got busted at Western Express."

"What did he say?" the informant asked.

"Oh, he[Jimmy] knew it," Freeman responded.

"Oh, he did?"

"Absolutely. I mean, he knew all along that I was cost-plussiní this guy. He knew it all along. Loved it. We were making $450,000 a month on him."

"Holy ****!"

"Why wouldn't he love it? Did it for five years, cost us a million bucks. I mean we made six million dollars off the guy, cost us a million."
I don't hate Jimmy Haslam. I may have had reservations about him, but he owned my favorite team. I kind of had to like the guy.

Then this happened. Below I have outlined my version of a Cliff's notes version of the FBI document on Jimmy Haslam.

I know a lot of fans are hoping for the best, and we will get to the nitty-gritty, but first let me share a quick story.

I was working at WQXI in Atlanta when the Mike Vick story started to break. We had a high-profile attorney that dealt with high-profile cases join our show. Many Falcon fans were still hoping/believing that Vick was going to be okay. One of his lackeys would take the wrap, or his super expensive lawyer was going to get him off.

I never forgot what the Lawyer told us next (paraphrasing):

Quote:
When the federal Government comes after you in a high-profile manner, you won't know it until it is too late. It's like having a radar detector and coming over a hill to see a cop. Your detector goes off, but it's just telling you that you're busted. The Federal Government is the same way. Once you see them, it's way too late. Sure they will ask you questions, like do you know why you got pulled over, or do you know where the hard drives are, but the jig is up. When it comes to high profile cases, the Feds don't like to look stupid. They have gone over the facts hundreds of times and made sure that it's a slam dunk. We are talking about a star in the NFL, America's most popular game. It's not if he is busted, it's how bad.
Let's look at what we know...
Old 04-21-2013   #4
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 77871 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jimmy Haslam, the FBI & the 158 Pages That Will Cost Him The Browns

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013   #5
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Default Re: Jimmy Haslam, the FBI & the 158 Pages That Will Cost Him The Browns

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post

What does this mean for Haslam?
snipped
Quote:
Already in the fold, the feds have 3 whistle blowers, so much taped audio they were unable to go through everything before issuing warrants, and every hard drive, computer and file they wanted from Pilot.

In other words, the feds have everything they want.

I know people think Haslam will be protected, I think the opposite. The FBI and the IRS don't want the small potatoes guys. They don't even want the president. Sure they will get what is coming, but the feds want the big fish. They don't put on their good clothes to beat up on the weaklings. They want Haslam. Read the report, anytime Haslam is even remotely named, it is highlighted and focused on. He is target number one.

How can they do it? Haslam has been implicated on five different counts, by different people. If there is an e-mail to Haslam showing an improper rebate, which seems like a when sort of thing, not an if at this point, he is cooked.
The NFL suspended Eddie DeBartlo Jr. for a year after he was caught up in a scheme to get a gambling license for a boat. He later was forced to sell the team to his sister. That was for extortion of $400,000. If the accusations are proven to be true, and they look pretty solid right now, that is a literally a fraction of what Haslam was stealing in a month.
My guess? We have a new owner within two years. Don't know how the NFL does it, heck maybe even Haslam bows out on his own. But this isn't going away. Haslam probably is.
Dan Rooney has got to be steamed ..... he vouched for Haslam.
Old 05-05-2013   #6
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. - Another class action lawsuit has just been filed in Illinois against Jimmy Haslam and his company Pilot Flying J.
Edis Trucking Inc. claims Haslam and Pilot cheated it out of fuel rebates.
This is the fourth class action lawsuit filed in federal courts in Arkansas, Alabama, Mississippi and Illinois. Four additional trucking companies have filed lawsuits in a Knoxville court.

Haslam's company has said it expects additional lawsuits to be filed.

Read more: http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/loc...#ixzz2SR1ULrNE
Old 05-05-2013   #7
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Kinda makes you appreciate our squeaky clean owner.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read