Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-08-2013   #1
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Brandon Brooks Shaping Up!

Saw this over ate Texans official web site and didn't see it posted anywhere else: http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...c-a7f25d6071d2 It's definitely a good sign. There should be some good competition at camp this year, especially if they draft another OG. Wade Smith better be ready to fight for his roster spot this season.
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013   #2
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 181199 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brandon Brooks Shaping Up!

Good info. I think he starts RG with Jones backing. With a bit of permance our Oline will be much better and grow stronger this season.
Old 04-08-2013   #3
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 351224 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
“Once I got my feet wet and really understood what it was to play this game and being blessed to play this game (last season), my confidence started to build and I started to gain some momentum, and I just want to keep it going,” Brooks said. “I feel like I’ve got a lot to prove, so definitely can’t wait to get started.”
Good. Looking forward to seeing it.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013   #4
Fili
All Pro

Rep Power: 3891 Fili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respected

Wonder what his forty time is now. Hopefully he can show some skill on the field...
Old 04-08-2013   #5
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52455 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Down to 325 lbs, that's great news, sounds like he's coming into the upcoming season with the right attitude.
So I wonder where does this leave Ben Jones, the teams starting RG beginning 'bout mid year and lasting thru the playoffs last season ? Does Brooks & Jones become the starters at guard and they release Wade Smith, or are the starters Brooks and Smith and Jones is the backup at center & guard ?

Last edited by IDEXAN; 04-08-2013 at 09:35 PM.
IDEXAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013   #6
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

his got great potential this kid. hopefully he blows everyone away in TC and forces Kubiak no choice but to start him at RG.
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013   #7
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 95025 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

This is the best news of the offseason. I was about to post a thread pointing out how he was the link in the chain that needed to be fixed the most. Some of the problems with Schaub's confidence and with our running game started with lack of consistency and experience at right guard. If he can make the sophomore leap, the offense will be clicking again. And it would be nice to have Brooks in there to power block for Arian in the red zone.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-18-2013   #8
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 216794 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
Down to 325 lbs, that's great news, sounds like he's coming into the upcoming season with the right attitude.
So I wonder where does this leave Ben Jones, the teams starting RG beginning 'bout mid year and lasting thru the playoffs last season ? Does Brooks & Jones become the starters at guard and they release Wade Smith, or are the starters Brooks and Smith and Jones is the backup at center & guard ?
Jones was benched late in the season ... and Brooks took over the starters spot. I dont recall if Jones started the Cincy game but I know for a fact that he didnt start the final playoff game against the Pats.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013   #9
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 107813 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Jones was benched late in the season ... and Brooks took over the starters spot. I dont recall if Jones started the Cincy game but I know for a fact that he didnt start the final playoff game against the Pats.
According to both NFL.com and HT.com, Jones started every game - including playoff games - from the Ravens game on.
Old 04-18-2013   #10
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I can't remember if Jones started or not but I do remember the Texans saying something about having Brooks play since he was bigger and might be able to handle Wolfolk a little more. Jones doesn't have the "sand" in his seat, so to speak, to handle the bigger NT's. Plus he may not have had the upper body strength then that he needed to play in the NFL. Hopefully that will be remedied by the beginning of this season.
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013   #11
ASidd_1990
Veteran

Rep Power: 151 ASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Good. Looking forward to seeing it.
**** you!!!
ASidd_1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013   #12
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 388264 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASidd_1990 View Post
**** you!!!
Stop it. If you want to report a post there is a function for that. Don't endeavor in profanity laced trolling.
Old 04-22-2013   #13
ASidd_1990
Veteran

Rep Power: 151 ASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Stop it. If you want to report a post there is a function for that. Don't endeavor in profanity laced trolling.
My bad, it's all in good fun.
ASidd_1990 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read